Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Multiverse Vs Omniverse

• 143 results
    Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

This need to be settled cause seems alot of people don't even realize Marvel has it's own Omniverse which contain Multiverses... 

Do people dispute this???

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baldy
    @GamorasBigDaddy said:
    " This need to be settled cause seems alot of people don't even realize Marvel has it's own Omniverse which contain Multiverses...  Do people dispute this??? "
    Any reality that has mutilple universes also has an omniverse.

Multiverse - Multiple universes.
    Omniverse - All of the universes.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

Here's LT watching over Omniverse & the Mulitple Multiverses... 

I got more proof/scans to come...
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By courtney12490
    @GamorasBigDaddy: This is not an actual battle between two things/characters etc and should either be in the A. Gen. Discussion or B. the Marvel Multiverse forum.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

It's a battle in the way that between which one is the totality of Marvel reality...
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By courtney12490
    @GamorasBigDaddy: Just because some writer were misinformed or incorrect doesn't make it so. I don't think that it can be made much clearer than Baldy made it: Multiverse = Multiple Universe
                                                                 Omniverse = All Possible Universes (Omni from the Latin Omnis, meaning all)
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By courtney12490
    @GamorasBigDaddy: It's still not an actual battle between the two things. Storm vs Bugs Bunny is a battle, Surge vs X-23 is a battle. Things like this and Northstar vs Quicksilver: Who is faster? are not battles.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

Yes, but I'm doing this cause some people think Marvel does'nt have Several Multiverses

within marvel Omniverse...

"Throught infinite Multiverses"

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xan84

i faill to see the point of this topic ... Anybody with a dictionary can tell the meaning of those words ... 

Am i missing something ?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By rbysjti
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @GamorasBigDaddy: Just because some writer were misinformed or incorrect doesn't make it so. I don't think that it can be made much clearer than Baldy made it: Multiverse = Multiple Universes                                                              Omniverse = All Possible Universes (Omni from the Latin Omnis, meaning all) "
    I agree.  I was about to post that way too. 

@GamorasBigDaddy said:
    " This need to be settled cause seems alot of people don't even realize Marvel has it's own Omniverse which contain Multiverses...  Do people dispute this??? "

Omniverse is all, while multiverse is not all. So Omniverse wins.
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Waffle Fries

The term Omniverse means all possible realities. Marvel can say that they have their own "Omniverse". That's fine, It's make believe. But the real term Omniverse means all realities/universes/multiverses. That would include our world, alternate/parallel universes, ect. The world of Marvel and it's parallel universes in actuality would be closer in definition to a multiverse. The same goes for DC and any other make believe world. Combined multiverses, including our own world and any other multiverse we are unaware of would make up the true Omniverse.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By courtney12490
    @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @GamorasBigDaddy: Just because some writer were misinformed or incorrect doesn't make it so. I don't think that it can be made much clearer than Baldy made it: Multiverse = Multiple Universes                                                              Omniverse = All Possible Universes (Omni from the Latin Omnis, meaning all) "

@GamorasBigDaddy said:
    Omniverse is all, while multiverse is not all. So Omniverse wins. "
    We actually agreed on something :D 

@GamorasBigDaddy: I don't know how to explain this any clearer. Marvel doesn't have it's own Omniverse. As other people have explained to you in other threads, the Omniverse contains all universes, including the Marvel Mulitverse. The omniverse includes the Marvel and DC Multiverses, our universe and any other conceivable universe out there. The Omniverse always includes the Marvel Multiverse, the Marvel Multiverse does not always include the Omniverse.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " The term Omniverse means all possible realities. Marvel can say that they have their own "Omniverse". That's fine, It's make believe. But the real term Omniverse means all realities/universes/multiverses. That would include our world, alternate/parallel universes, ect. The world of Marvel and it's parallel universes in actuality would be closer in definition to a multiverse. The same goes for DC and any other make believe world. Combined multiverses, including our own world and any other multiverse we are unaware of would make up the true Omniverse. "

I get what you mean but that's not how Marvel has it... 

Here's also Watcher talking about Omniverse.

Early in story the Watcher speculates that beyond the Multiverse there is a greater Omniverse in the continuium of Multiverses... 
    He could not find Quasar who was outside of the Main 616 Marvel Multiverse & in the NewUniverse which has it's own Multiverse... 

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By courtney12490
    @Xan said:
    "  i faill to see the point of this topic ... Anybody with a dictionary can tell the meaning of those words ...  Am i missing something ? "
    Nope, only the fact that he is trolling. He's been trying to convince everybody that Marvel has it's own Omniverse and is now trying to prove his point by posting scans of quotes written by writers that either A. were just plain wrong or B. did not understand themselves, the differences between the Omniverse and the Multiverse. He will not listen to logic.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:

@GamorasBigDaddy said:

@GamorasBigDaddy: I don't know how to explain this any clearer. Marvel doesn't have it's own Omniverse. As other people have explained to you in other threads, the Omniverse contains all universes, including the Marvel Mulitverse. The omniverse includes the Marvel and DC Multiverses, our universe and any other conceivable universe out there. The Omniverse always includes the Marvel Multiverse, the Marvel Multiverse does not always include the Omniverse. "

That"s wrong as shown in Marvel! & in this thread which I can shown a dozen if not more saying that Marvel has IT"S OWN OMNIVERSE, that's not part of DC & the rest!  

It's the way it is!  
    I don't know how CONCRETE PROOF can't be any clearer to you!

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @GamorasBigDaddy said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " The term Omniverse means all possible realities. Marvel can say that they have their own "Omniverse". That's fine, It's make believe. But the real term Omniverse means all realities/universes/multiverses. That would include our world, alternate/parallel universes, ect. The world of Marvel and it's parallel universes in actuality would be closer in definition to a multiverse. The same goes for DC and any other make believe world. Combined multiverses, including our own world and any other multiverse we are unaware of would make up the true Omniverse. "

I get what you mean but that's not how Marvel has it... 

Here's also Watcher talking about Omniverse.

Early in story the Watcher speculates that beyond the Multiverse there is a greater Omniverse in the continuium of Multiverses... 
    He could not find Quasar who was outside of the Main 616 Marvel Multiverse & in the NewUniverse which has it's own Multiverse... 

No Caption Provided

"

I understand, Marvel has their own make believe omniverse. But that doesn't mean it is a real omniverse or that they used the term omniverse correctly. There is only ONE omniverse. It encompasses all universes/multiverses including marvels. 

Marvel has misused a lot of scientific terms.
    xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xan84

courtney12490

Ahh... well i realy don't know why he needs to prove something like this ..

@ Waffle Fries 

I can see it now: 

Real universe nr1 
    Realy universe nr2 
    Comic book universe nr 1 
    comic book universe nr2  

etc lol

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Baldy

It's fairly obvious that by "omniverse" they mean all of the Marvel universes and not the broader meaning of omniverse which would mean every universe real or imagined that exists, existed or will exist.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By courtney12490
    @GamorasBigDaddy said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:

@GamorasBigDaddy said:

@GamorasBigDaddy: I don't know how to explain this any clearer. Marvel doesn't have it's own Omniverse. As other people have explained to you in other threads, the Omniverse contains all universes, including the Marvel Mulitverse. The omniverse includes the Marvel and DC Multiverses, our universe and any other conceivable universe out there. The Omniverse always includes the Marvel Multiverse, the Marvel Multiverse does not always include the Omniverse. "
    That"s wrong as shown in Marvel! & in this thread which I can shown a dozen if not more saying that Marvel has IT"S OWN OMNIVERSE, that's not part of DC & the rest!   It's the way it is!  I don't know how CONCRETE PROOF can't be any clearer to you!  "
     I don't know how  hard-headed you have to be, when not only have I explained it clearly to you, but so have Baldy and Waffle Fries. Marvel used the term Omniverse incorrectly, and if you want more conclusive proof, look at a freaking dictionary! What's more likely, that a dictionary and multiple dictionary websites are incorrect, or that a few writers incorrectly wrote what the Omniverse is. It's not that hard a concept to wrap your head around.
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
    @Baldy said:
    " It's fairly obvious that by "omniverse" they mean all of the Marvel universes/Multiverses and not the broader meaning of omniverse which would mean every universe real or imagined that exists, existed or will exist. "

added that one thing...;) 
    sounds good
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By courtney12490
    @Xan: I don't know why either. I think he's trying to flaunt what he thinks is his superior intellect and is failing miserably.
    Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baldy
    @GamorasBigDaddy said:

" @Baldy said:

" It's fairly obvious that by "omniverse" they mean all of the Marvel universes/Multiverses and not the broader meaning of omniverse which would mean every universe real or imagined that exists, existed or will exist. "
    added that one thing...;) sounds good "
     It's multiverse, not multiverses. You're pluralizing a term that already means many.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By courtney12490
    @Baldy said:
    " @GamorasBigDaddy said:

" @Baldy said:

added that one thing...;) sounds good "
     It's multiverse, not multiverses. You're pluralizing a term that already means many. "
    And further proving that he doesn't understand what he's talking about.
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @Baldy: Dude I don't want to get technical but the term "multiverses" is grammatically correct. See it's a singular collective noun and not plural. Hehehehe!
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rbysjti

@ssejllenrad said:

" @Baldy: Dude I don't want to get technical but the term "multiverses" is grammatically correct. See it's a singular collective noun and not plural. Hehehehe! "
    I firmly believe too.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom

The term "Multiple multiverses"  is utterly freaking stupid. Tell me, what is the difference between a single multiverse and several multiverses?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:
    " The term "Multiple multiverses"  is utterly freaking stupid. Tell me, what is the difference between a single multiverse and several multiverses? "

Let's say an omniverse is composed of multiverses.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AtPhantom
    @rbysjti said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " The term "Multiple multiverses"  is utterly freaking stupid. Tell me, what is the difference between a single multiverse and several multiverses? "
     Let's say an omniverse is composed of multiverses. "
    You've completely missed my point, but okay, let's see now.
    Multiverses are composed of what? Universes. So exactly what is the difference? Multiverse=many universes. Omniverse=many universes.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @AtPhantom said:
    You've completely missed my point, but okay, let's see now. Multiverses are composed of what? Universes. So exactly what is the difference? Multiverse=many universes. Omniverse=many universes. "
    omni means all, whereas multi means multi. a multiverse is composed of a number of universes. 

Just like a body. You can say a body is made up of cells, or you can say a body is made up of tissues.  Tissues are made up of cells. Something like that.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AtPhantom
    @rbysjti said:
    "omni means all, whereas multi means multi. a multiverse is composed of a number of universes.   Just like a body. You can say a body is made up of cells, or you can say a body is made up of tissues.  Tissues are made up of cells. Something like that. "
    Except different cells come together to form different tissues. There is no such distinction with universes. They all have their differences, but structurally, they're the same. So what qualifies as a multiverse? Ten universes? Thirty? hundred? Thousand? At what point does a multiverse have too many universes? Think about it and you'll see it makes no sense. There is, by definition, no limit to how many universes a multiverse has, and thus there is no logical difference between a multiverse and multiple multiverse and omniverse. Same freaking thing.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    "omni means all, whereas multi means multi. a multiverse is composed of a number of universes.   Just like a body. You can say a body is made up of cells, or you can say a body is made up of tissues.  Tissues are made up of cells. Something like that. "
    Except different cells come together to form different tissues. There is no such distinction with universes. They all have their differences, but structurally, they're the same. So what qualifies as a multiverse? Ten universes? Thirty? hundred? Thousand? At what point does a multiverse have too many universes? Think about it and you'll see it makes no sense. There is, by definition, no limit to how many universes a multiverse has, and thus there is no logical difference between a multiverse and multiple multiverse and omniverse. Same freaking thing. "
    there isn't a certain figure given as to how many universes could make up a mutiverse. Same goes with  cells that make up a tissue. Or when we say multi-faceted, etc. But omni really means "all"
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtPhantom
    @rbysjti said:
    " there isn't a certain figure given as to how many universes could make up a mutiverse. Same goes with  cells that make up a tissue. Or when we say multi-faceted, etc. But omni really means "all" "
    You once again completely missed my point, but that's okay. It doesn't matter what omni means. The point is there is no logical difference between them. Ergo the term omniverse is redundant.
    gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By gui22

The difference is:
    multiverse-the universes of one comic book industry like DC
    omniverse-the combination of all universes(marvel,dc,image,dark horse...)

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " there isn't a certain figure given as to how many universes could make up a mutiverse. Same goes with  cells that make up a tissue. Or when we say multi-faceted, etc. But omni really means "all" "
    You once again completely missed my point, but that's okay. It doesn't matter what omni means. The point is there is no logical difference between them. Ergo the term omniverse is redundant. "
    There is. Multi doesn't mean "all" at all.

@gui22 said:
    " The difference is: multiverse-the universes of one comic book industry like DC omniverse-the combination of all universes(marvel,dc,image,dark horse...) "
    Good point.",)
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AtPhantom
    @rbysjti said:
    " There is. Multi doesn't mean "all" at all. "
    No, it means more than one. But that still has nothing to do with the point I'm making. Stop arguing semantics.
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    No, it means more than one. But that still has nothing to do with the point I'm making. Stop arguing semantics. "
    Thats exactly what it means. Multiverse means more then one where as Omniverse means all. Our universe and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Marvel and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Together they are part of the Omniverse.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:

" @rbysjti said:

No, it means more than one. But that still has nothing to do with the point I'm making. Stop arguing semantics. "
    I really don't know what you're up to. 

But maybe a multiverse is composed of one universe and its alternate on different dimensions i guess.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    Thats exactly what it means. Multiverse means more then one where as Omniverse means all. Our universe and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Marvel and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Together they are part of the Omniverse. "
    Exactly. Marvel actuality on its own doesn't make an omniverse. thank you.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rbysjti
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    Thats exactly what it means. Multiverse means more then one where as Omniverse means all. Our universe and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Marvel and all it's paralel universes are considered a multiverse. Together they are part of the Omniverse. "
    Exactly. Marvel actuality on its own doesn't make an omniverse. thank you. "
    Marvel has its own omniverse. Though it kinda sounds like they don't have one, it's because of the non-canon crossovers between companies. 
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @rbysjti said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    Exactly. Marvel actuality on its own doesn't make an omniverse. thank you. "
    Marvel has its own omniverse. Though it kinda sounds like they don't have one, it's because of the non-canon crossovers between companies.  "
    There is only one Omniverse. It is a composite of all multiverses.
    gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gobstakid777

I think GDB is right   
     http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11232809&highlight=marvel+omniverse+%5Bimg%5D+userid%3A88754#post11232809 

besides, there logically can not be such thing as an omniverse which encompasses infinite worlds, including ouro own, since such a concept would put finite limits on infinity, which is impossible

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @gobstakid777 said:
    " I think GDB is right    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11232809&highlight=marvel+omniverse+%5Bimg%5D+userid%3A88754#post11232809  besides, there logically can not be such thing as an omniverse which encompasses infinite worlds, including ouro own, since such a concept would put finite limits on infinity, which is impossible "

Marvel has their own made up version of what an Omniverse is, so what? Too bad their definition of what a Omniverse is is wrong. There is a REAL scientific definition of what an Omniverse is. The definition used in the forum you posted is not that of a Omniverse but a Multiverse. There is only one Omniverse, but it is not a place or boundary. It is just the collection of every infinite universe connected to each other.
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By "Colossus"
    @AtPhantom said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @AtPhantom said:
    You've completely missed my point, but okay, let's see now. Multiverses are composed of what? Universes. So exactly what is the difference? Multiverse=many universes. Omniverse=many universes. "
    actually "multiverse" means many universes that are related in some way, different multiverse are no way related to the universe in other multiversus
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By "Colossus"

all the universe contained in marvels multiverse each have an eternity,infinity,death galactus and so on.
    while universe in different multiverse are entirely different, some of which dont even have the same physcial laws as each other,
    the living tribunal once went into a multiverse that was 10dimensions or something like that while the main one only has 3dimensions.

the universus in different multiversus are no way related to the universes in other multiverses

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @"Colossus" said:

" all the universe contained in marvels multiverse each have an eternity,infinity,death galactus and so on. while universe in different multiverse are entirely different, some of which dont even have the same physcial laws as each other, the living tribunal once went into a multiverse that was 10dimensions or something like that while the main one only has 3dimensions.  the universus in different multiversus are no way related to the universes in other multiverses "

Yes, they are.... Different universes are very much different but they are all connected....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFrDp0GJYzM
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:

" all the universe contained in marvels multiverse each have an eternity,infinity,death galactus and so on. while universe in different multiverse are entirely different, some of which dont even have the same physcial laws as each other, the living tribunal once went into a multiverse that was 10dimensions or something like that while the main one only has 3dimensions.  the universus in different multiversus are no way related to the universes in other multiverses "

Yes, they are.... Different universes are very much different but they are all connected....   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFrDp0GJYzM "
    yes but a multiverse contained a bunch of universes that are vey similiar, example all the universe in the marvel multiverse contains a version of reed richards, while the universes in other multiverse dont have one

also marvel doesnt really follow real life logic anyways its just comics
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:

Yes, they are.... Different universes are very much different but they are all connected....   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFrDp0GJYzM "
    yes but a multiverse contained a bunch of universes that are vey similiar, example all the universe in the marvel multiverse contains a version of reed richards, while the universes in other multiverse dont have one  also marvel doesnt really follow real life logic anyways its just comics "
    Ok, I'm going to break this down. Marvel does indeed have a Omniverse. Marvel's Omniverse just so happens to be our Omniverse because there is only one.

All realities, fictional or real are part of the Omniverse. But how are they all part of the Omniverse? The beginning of every universe/reality starts from the same place. This place is beyond time/space/reality. This place is nothing yet it is everything. Mathematically this place is represented by the number 0. You should know 0 is the symbol which represents nothing but you may also  know it represents Infinity. So this place beyond all time and space which is nothing yet everything is represented by us humans as the symbol 0. All realities/universes come from 0, or infinity. A multiverse can be very unique in its physics, laws and any other way you want to imagine, but it still started from 0, infinity. 0 is everything. Every universe, reality, paralel universe, multiverse, everything. 

Another thing to think about, is who is TOAA? Many people claim that TOAA is the writor/editor, stan lee, what have you. While the writor/creator of the marvel universe is above all those he creates he is still part of our reality/universe which is still tied to our physics. So even if the marvel characters are fictional, TOAA who creates the Marvel universe and everything in it is still part of our own universe, multiverse, omniverse.
    FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FLCL1
    @Xan said:
    " i faill to see the point of this topic ... Anybody with a dictionary can tell the meaning of those words ...  Am i missing something ? "

this
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Waffle Fries said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:

yes but a multiverse contained a bunch of universes that are vey similiar, example all the universe in the marvel multiverse contains a version of reed richards, while the universes in other multiverse dont have one  also marvel doesnt really follow real life logic anyways its just comics "
    Ok, I'm going to break this down. Marvel does indeed have a Omniverse. Marvel's Omniverse just so happens to be our Omniverse because there is only one.  All realities, fictional or real are part of the Omniverse. But how are they all part of the Omniverse? The beginning of every universe/reality starts from the same place. This place is beyond time/space/reality. This place is nothing yet it is everything. Mathematically this place is represented by the number 0. You should know 0 is the symbol which represents nothing but you may also  know it represents Infinity. So this place beyond all time and space which is nothing yet everything is represented by us humans as the symbol 0. All realities/universes come from 0, or infinity. A multiverse can be very unique in its physics, laws and any other way you want to imagine, but it still started from 0, infinity. 0 is everything. Every universe, reality, paralel universe, multiverse, everything.   Another thing to think about, is who is TOAA? Many people claim that TOAA is the writor/editor, stan lee, what have you. While the writor/creator of the marvel universe is above all those he creates he is still part of our reality/universe which is still tied to our physics. So even if the marvel characters are fictional, TOAA who creates the Marvel universe and everything in it is still part of our own universe, multiverse, omniverse. "
    marvels omniverse isnt the true omniverse, in there context they mean all the multiverse they have is called an omniverse, its not the "true omniverse" though

what else would you call a series of different multiversus?
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @"Colossus": Marvel's definition of their Omniverse is not accurate. And Marvel's universe is part of the real Omniverse regardless what the writers write.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.