Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

MARVELS BEST WORK IN YEARS

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JamDamage

I don't know about anyone else, but right now I'm more pleased with Marvel then I ever have been since I started reading comics regularly since 1988. I think everyone is pretty surprised at the level of good writing that Bendis is doing on his X titles. A lot of people were scared, just because they are not Bendis fans, that he was even getting a title let alone 2 titles. Becuase of how good he's doing on those 2, and alos Ultimate Spider-man, which has been in my top 3 titles since it came out, that I started reading Guardians OTG. I usually hate cosmic books but I'm having fun with that one as well.

Hickman on the Avengers is the only negative response Im seeing. I'm seeing how people love him on New Avengers but don't like him on Avengers. Hickman is sci-fi type of writer so I'm hoping that picks up. It's a strange book. Not the type of book I'm used to reading for an Avengers title. It worked so much better on FF, because the FF is a sci-fi type book already. Which brings me to Fraction.

Fraction is getting a lot praise for his story telling there, but that is a title I just don't read. Never been a fan of the FF, but I'm still seeing a lot of posative reponses there. Hawkey tho, I read, and I think he's killing it there, as a lot of people. It's reviews don't just get posative reviews, they get rave reviews. Good for Fraction.

Spider-man, even with Doc Ock switch, is geting more praise then I ever expected it to. It's got it's die hards wait for the Peter Parker return, but there are a few that are calling for Doc to remain S.M. even after Peter's return. Just what we need. 3 Peter look-a-likes running around.

The Ultimate line is going as strong as it ever gone since it was first created. I'm glad it didn't fade a way. It's great to see the big twisted changes are staying put in that title. I can't believe I'm actually saying that I like the new Spider-man on the title and don't even want Peter to come back, and who would have ever thought that Reed Richards would bake an outstanding bad guy.

Waids been getting great reviews on DD since he's been on it (even tho I think it's crap, I'm the only one to think so aside from about 3 other people.

Hulk is getting praised, Thor is getting praised. Iron Man is getting good reviews. Not for .........ever have I seen Marvel giving the quality work in pretty much every title they dish out, and with the good responses from it's fans. Any feed back from other readers on this? Make Mine Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.