Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance... Downloadable Characters??

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

[url]http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.938?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=main+graphic&utm_medium=small+graphic+link&utm_content=%2Fnews%2Fvgstories.938[/url]

Expanding on the experience of controlling the world's largest army of Super Heroes on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced plans to release Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Heroes and Villains. The expansion packs feature eight new playable characters: The Incredible Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Venom, each complete with new signature powers, skins, dialog, conversations and achievement points. The download will be available in April via the Xbox Live Marketplace online gaming service.

The downloadable content will be released in three packs. The Hero Pack and Villain Pack will each be 500 Microsoft points ($6.25) and the Combined Hero and Villain Pack will be 800 Microsoft points ($10). Heroes and Villains gamer pic packs will also be available for 80 Microsoft points each ($1).

I will say that this is AWESOME! Yet as a proud PS2 owner, let me just say that this SUCKS MAJOR GALACTUS BALLS!!!!

What I say, if it'll work, is that they should release a $10 disk or something for all platforms that will have the extra characters on it. From there, you load the disk on your game console and save it to your memory card. Then when you put in "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance," just upload the data from your memory card and save the game. You guys think that would work?

Post Edited:2007-03-27 21:53:05

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Sorry man being an owner of the Xbox 360 i'm just glad the are adding Magneto to it

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'm excited for them too, that's why I'm so crushed!!

Dr. Doom and Venom are gonna be playable! Everyone laughed at me before the game came out, but I was right!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By -000

Of course, they save all the cool characters for the rich folk.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Finally, Hulk Smash!!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

They should have been in the game in the first place. I guess we'll see more an more of this crap, they release a half-finished game AND get people to pay for "exclusive contents" that should've been there in the first place.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Half finished? Were you playing a different game than I was?

It seemed finished to me. Yep, beginning, middle and end. 24 playable characters. Complete storyline and level designs.

Hmmm...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Methos

as a 360 owner i think this is really good news, roumer is they're going to be using this type of software to do a Justice League Unlimited online RPG... that would just kick ass if they used every single character from the DCU as a downloadable package

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

il be getting a 360 soon or when halo 3comes out and i cant wait to get the game for the 360 but paying money for the xtra characters blah i might do it oh well

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Darkchild

i enjoyed the game when i played it for my ps2 and my xbox but dammit it was short and im not a rich folk making us pay for shit u could have put in the bgeining damn u

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

methos says:

"as a 360 owner i think this is really good news, roumer is they're going to be using this type of software to do a Justice League Unlimited online RPG... that would just kick ass if they used every single character from the DCU as a downloadable packageM"

Currently in development is a Marvel MMO for 360 and windows vista on the same server. I dunno if other pc users can play or what the deal is there. It's a joint microsoft/marvel/cryptic(city of heroes) project. Very little hard news as to how it will work yet though.

A DC game would be awesome though (couldn't play JL Heroes as its not 360 compatable grrr).

Amos AMmassee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Amos AMmassee

One would think it should be available for WII and PS3 as well. I'd really like that since XBox 360 is in last place on my list of consoles to buy. I agree with the idea of putting out an extra disc for loading onto the memory card, or holding those characters for MUA 2, The Revenge of Galactus. Maybe put in Firelord or Nova as an unlockable character. Also, since you have Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Blade, and Captain America, a vehicle battle would have been cool with the fliers flying, Spidey Web-swinging, and non-fliers on Motorcycles or something similar. something like the bumbercar stage in Murderworld, but more intricate. Ghost Rider's bike would look sweet that way.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
    Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Mighty Magneto says:

"Sorry man being an owner of the Xbox 360 i'm just glad the are adding Magneto to it"

I've got a 360, and this game. I'm so getting this.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I don't think it (the Marvel MMO) will be available on the PS3 or Wii as the deal is with Microsoft and Cryptic. Cryptic have only made pc games before and I doubt Microsoft will make a game for the competition.

Originally there was supposed to be a team vehicle in MUA, I don't know why they dropped it. I was under the impression that Hulk was left out originally because of licensing rights around Hulk 2 so that he might be in MUA 2. Obviously that is now not the case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.