Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Goodbye Reg U, I'm Hitchin to Ultimate

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, so, I'm kinda noticing lately that the people behind the Regular Marvel books seem to be doing everything they can to piss fans off. Two most hurtful to me being that horridness of the Superior Spider-man, especially issue 9.

And then the existence of Avengers Arena as a whole. I mean I'm sorry, I know that book has fans, but the only reason Marvel made that series was to pointlessly kill off teenage heroes they don't want to be bothered with anymore. Their fan bases be damned.

Well, I actually said these same things quite awhile back regarding the Ultimate Universe, but honestly, right now, right here, I'm really considering abandoning the reg Marvel for the Ultimate U. Reg Marvel's just pissing me off far to much right now. And Ultimate Spider-man is pretty good, so who knows, maybe the rest is too. I'm gonna try anyway.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

@rosefairchild: I feel your pain T.T right now i'm only reading Scarlet Spider from Marvel (which is awesome btw) and everything else is from independents.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you're thinking of switching over, I'd recommend the older books from the start of the UU. The first wave of UU books were really fantastic.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rosefairchild: I can feel your pain. We're in agony here, while Slott keeps trolling Peter's fans. I dropped SSM and, as Strider92 mentionned above, Scarlet Spider is currently the only Marvel comic book I support.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have decided to abandoned Marvel in favor of IDW, Image and Dark Horse. Marvel and DC in general have made decisions I am not very happy about. With that I say so long and Farewell.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, I ditched Marvel for DC and IDW. DC has had its share of screw ups, but Marvel is just becoming terrible.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Start with Ultimatum, it's all go from there.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woah I see love for kaIne but what about venom? flashbas venom has been great. superIor Is actually decent and I thInk If they would just lIst It as a mInI serIes people would love It. but ultImate Is good,except for Its crossovers those suck lIke ultImatum and fallout were horrIble ultImate xmen Is great especIally the return,of the kIng

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: While I agree about Ultimatum sucking, obviously you never read the Ultimate Enemy trilogy, cause oh my god, if there is one crossover story in the world of comics that is good, it's that one.

It's most of all a Fantastic Four disbanding story in a sense, but oh my god it's so god, Sue and Ben, and then what happens with Reed. I still can't get over that, it just came out of no where and was like wow, never thought they'd do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.