Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Ghost Rider now back to Marvel Studios

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ascended

Marvel retains the rights to Ghost Rider now.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/marvel-retains-rights-to-ghost-rider-in-lawsuit-settlement

Nicholas Cage also said that he is done with Ghost Rider.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/03/08/nicolas-cage-ghost-rider/

So what's next for Ghost Rider? Could we eventually we see a reboot of the Ghost Rider movies?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought this happened awhile ago. Ah well. I think it's cool that Marvel is slowly building up their roster of characters to play with, and regaining the poor lost souls that had been sold off into indentured servitude to crap companies (for the most part) that don't know how to handle their properties.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ascended

@jaken7: Yes, maybe now we can see a reboot of its movies in the future if they make them. Cause they need to undo the damage that Fox did to the character on screen.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spider11211

I would guess that it would be a very long time before we see another Ghost Rider movie. I really had a lot of hope for the last one....then I was disappointed.

bernardopina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not movies, but maybe a tv series? Or an appearance on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. maybe? Just the fact that their right is back is cool. Can't wait to see that with X-Men and FF.

Guess that, with all this Inhumans movement, when X-Men returns, it will be too late on MCU. But i guess there is still hope for FF.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was gonna make a thread like this, but I guess there's no need to now. Yes, I definitely wanna see GR in the MCU since he's one of my favorite characters. I doubt they'd give him a movie, though, since the last two were flops. Hopefully the eventual Doctor Strange movie will really open up the supernatural/mystic side of the MCU and then GR can make some appearance. A Midnight Sons movie or show would be so sick.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Loading Video...

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterbelmont: What does MCU means?

And like I said, the reason why the Ghost Rider movies weren't that successful was because of the actor and/or director. So maybe Ghost Rider movies can be successful now if people can get a better actor and director to recast the franchise.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't want to see him there unless it's in another corner of the universe with Dr strange where it's darker/horror and less super hero'y.

This brings up a question that I had before. If they went heavier on the science space alien Asgardians instead of the Magic mythilogical gods because they wanted to be more....... I forget how they described it. Lets say real for arguments sake. What are they going to do with Dr Strange?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@masterbelmont: What does MCU means?

And like I said, the reason why the Ghost Rider movies weren't that successful was because of the actor and/or director. So maybe Ghost Rider movies can be successful now if people can get a better actor and director to recast the franchise.

Well MCU use to mean Marvel Comics Universe until it changes to MU. Now MCU means Marvel Cinematic Universe.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I don't want to see him there unless it's in another corner of the universe with Dr strange where it's darker/horror and less super hero'y.

Like the corner that The Incredible Hulk movie occupied? They've got space for other genre's/types of film aside from straight up, "PUT THIS COMIC BOOK IN FRONT OF A CAMERA AND FILM IT!" Winter Soldier showed that.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Yes!!!!!!!!!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

@jonsmith said:

@dernman said:

Like the corner that The Incredible Hulk movie occupied? They've got space for other genre's/types of film aside from straight up, "PUT THIS COMIC BOOK IN FRONT OF A CAMERA AND FILM IT!" Winter Soldier showed that.

Incredible Hulk actually felt like classic comic book hulk come to life but a I get your point. Though I don't know it's they will go that far again.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flameboy298

Honestly I can't really see them doing too much with him now.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: MCU means Marvel Cinematic Universe. And even if Marvel makes a GR film, no matter how good it is it probably will be a flop due to the last two and people not having faith in movies on this character. Oh well, one can dream.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@dernman said:

This brings up a question that I had before. If they went heavier on the science space alien Asgardians instead of the Magic mythilogical gods because they wanted to be more....... I forget how they described it. Lets say real for arguments sake. What are they going to do with Dr Strange?

I made a thread about that, this is what Feige said about magic in the MCU:

Are you watching the Cosmos series? That’s magic, [the quantum physics]. It’s unbelievable. If somebody knew how to tap into that stuff, what’s the difference between that and magic?

You don’t get into it in Harry Potter, but if a scientist went to Hogwarts he’d find out how some of that stuff is happening! We’re not going to spend a lot of time on that, but there will be some of that. And particularly for a character like Strange, who goes from a man of science to a man of faith and who traverses both worlds. And sometimes there won’t be an answer! Sometimes he’ll want an answer - “How is this happening?!” - and nothing.

So basically there will be no magic and instead Strange will be using the power cosmic.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dernman said:

Are you watching the Cosmos series? That’s magic, [the quantum physics]. It’s unbelievable. If somebody knew how to tap into that stuff, what’s the difference between that and magic?

You don’t get into it in Harry Potter, but if a scientist went to Hogwarts he’d find out how some of that stuff is happening! We’re not going to spend a lot of time on that, but there will be some of that. And particularly for a character like Strange, who goes from a man of science to a man of faith and who traverses both worlds. And sometimes there won’t be an answer! Sometimes he’ll want an answer - “How is this happening?!” - and nothing.

So basically there will be no magic and instead Strange will be using the power cosmic.

That's highly disappointing. I disagree with his views on magic and science. Sadly for people like me that is an opinion that is gaining more and more ground.

Have your link? I'd like to see some other opinions.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dernman said:

That's highly disappointing. I disagree with his views on magic and science. Sadly for people like me that is an opinion that is gaining more and more ground.

Have your link? I'd like to see some other opinions.

You mean to my thread? There Will Be No Magic In The MCU - Kevin Feige - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's great news. Ghost Rider is by far one of my most favorite characters, his 2006 comic series was phenomenal for the first half before the authors changed. I forced myself to like the first film out of respect for one of my most favorite heroes, although I know deep down it is god-awful. I literally got up and left half-way through the second film. That's the only film I ever walked out of. Aside from being by far the worst Marvel film, it was probably the worst film I had seen period. I couldn't watch them butcher Ghost Rider like that. And Nicholas Cage??? Really??? They literally couldn't have picked a worst Johnny Blaze. I can't think of one good thing to say about those films, even the CGI was shit.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

old news

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JonSmith

They literally couldn't have picked a worst Johnny Blaze. I can't think of one good thing to say about those films, even the CGI was shit.

I thought the Rider looked awesome in the second film. Whenever he got some actual screentime, which wasn't nearly enough.

WebHead93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman Reedus as Johnny, Mephisto as the main villain and actually assuming demon form, more chain and hellfire shotgun action...

All I'm gonna say

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.