Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Eight Returning All-New Marvel Series We're Excited For

• 99 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Earlier today, we discussed some brand new properties coming to Marvel that we're pretty pumped about, so now, we're taking a look at returning books that got us pretty excited for the new Marvel universe. It was hard to narrow down, but here's the top eight books we cannot wait to read this fall.

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK

No Caption Provided

There was quite a commotion on the Internet when TOTALLY AWESOME HULK was announced. Many people felt the book was going to be "totally awesome" and some felt that it played to a much younger demographic, which is weird because that's the most 90s Marvel thing, since, well, this cover. It is a new series, but Hulk is a returning character, so it's this weird middle area that we're just going to consider a returning book.

Keep in mind, this book isn't a mystery, we'll all know who Hulk is when we get to read issue one, but what makes us pumped about this potentially rad book is the creative team. Greg Pak, who is responsible for some of the greatest Hulk stories of the modern era. We're also getting Frank Cho, who is the perfect artist for a book about someone super-muscular punching people. We're not saying this is the next "Planet Hulk," but this does seem like it will be a ton of fun.

ANT-MAN

No Caption Provided

Nick Spencer and Ramon Rosanas took a under-used character, put him in a new city, and really crafted something awesome. ANT-MAN was a really cool book, with Scott Lang trying to get his life back on track and trying his best to redeem himself.

Spencer and Rosanas return to this series and it looks like Ant-Man is building up a little bit of a new team, which consists of a few ex-villains. It's almost like we're getting a little bit of a SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN vibe in the new image for this book. Could Ant-Man be building a new team of villains for something sinister? Probably not, but it looks like he may be lying to them, based on the fact his fingers are crossed in the promo image.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

No Caption Provided

Things are getting a big shake-up in the promo image for the new GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY book. Brian Michael Bendis returns to the book with Valerio Schiti and a few new characters on the team. Speaking of the team, they've been on a pretty crazy journey, with, most recently, the Guardians figuring out just what the heck to do with the Black Vortex. What's next for them?

As the promo says "the raccoon's in charge," so where did Peter Quill go? More importantly, who is the new Star Lord? Our guess is that Star Lord is Kitty Pryde, but there's no way to be sure. In addition, Ben Grimm joins the team, and he's no stranger to space, since that's what made him the Thing in the first place. We can't wait to see what is in store for this team in the post-SECRET WARS universe.

MS MARVEL

No Caption Provided

Easily, one of the biggest surprises in the past year, from Marvel, was how great MS. MARVEL was. G Willow Wilson took this brand new character, who took on the Ms. Marvel mantle, and introduced a fun, new series that not only gives us a great new character, but a look into a completely different culture.

In the post-SECRET WARS world, Kamala is now a part of the Avengers and this promo art seems to be celebrating that with Lockjaw and Medusa looking onward. While it'll be really cool to see her on the Avengers, watching her get real excited about her future in the Marvel universe and her own journey will be the reasons you'll want to check this book out.

DAREDEVIL

No Caption Provided

The last volume of DAREDEVIL, by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee, was well-loved by its fans and was a series the staff at Comic Vine couldn't stop talking about, and while it's a bummer to see that creative team ride off into the sunset, the promo art for the new Daredevil volume looks pretty freaking awesome.

Charles Soule and Ron Garney are taking on the defender of Hell's Kitchen and he's got what seems to be a new costume as well, including the "DD" logo on his chest. More importantly, Daredevil has a new apprentice, and it looks like that new apprentice is Gambit. Seriously? That's pretty awesome and we bet there's a ton of readers who are super-pumped for this new team-up.

SPIDER-MAN

No Caption Provided

Every Miles Morales fan has had one question on their mind, since reading SPIDER-MEN: "Who is the Miles Morales of the 616 Universe?" Is this a question that will ever be answered? We all really hope so. One of the things that was great about SPIDER-MEN was the dynamic between Miles Morales and Peter Parker and now, they're both in the same universe.

Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli are in charge of the character they brought to the Ultimate Universe, 4 years ago, which made a huge splash and is easily one of the most popular new characters created in the past ten years. How will Miles do in this new Marvel Universe? Is his family (pretty much just his father now) there with him? Most importantly, where's Ganke? This is something we cannot wait to check out.

THE MIGHTY THOR

No Caption Provided

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? That should be the motto for THE MIGHTY THOR since Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman started the last volume. The volume really revolved around the mystery of "who is this new Thor?" Eventually, we found out (Spoilers!) it was Jane Foster, who had a deep relationship with Thor, at one point in time.

She's dealing with breast cancer, while trying to be Thor, so it's been pretty dang interesting, and at the same time, the last volume followed Odinson (the former Thor) on his adventures. We're excited to see where this story is going and hoping we get to know more about Foster as Thor, as well as Odinson's travels. Also, fans want to know why Odinson isn't worthy to be Thor anymore. That's the biggest mystery of all in this book.

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE

No Caption Provided

Just like TOTALLY AWESOME HULK, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE is and isn't a returning series. The title and the costume are the same, but it's pretty obvious that X-23 is taking over the mantle as Wolverine. While the Wolverine everyone knows and loves, who is encased in adamantium, doesn't get his own book, both Old Man Logan and X-23 do, so that's pretty cool.

Tom Taylor is writing this book and doing the art is David Lopez. Taylor did a great job on SUPERIOR IRON MAN, so we're excited to see where he takes this book, which has HUGE name recognition. Lopez is very familiar with the Marvel universe, working on CAPTAIN MARVEL, X-MEN, and NEW MUTANTS in the past. The book has a great creative team and a really cool character leading the way.

Let us know what returning series you'd can't wait to check out. Also, make sure to see what new series we're excited for.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

Daredevil and X-Wolverine seem neat.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Carnage BITCHES

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Draedevil!!!! Mon Ami!!

never_again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Gambit isn't the guy that Daredevil is training, it's been confirmed somewhere, but I can't find where I read it.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By DrellAssassin

Pumped for Daredevil and Ant-Man, but the biggest surprise was Gerry Duggan and Mike Hawthorne back on Deadpool. YESSSS

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm considering Spider-Gwen and New Avengers.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I'm hoping Bendis does some real work with the GotG now. Black Vortex was a mess to me, and most of his arcs involve them just talking and not actually accomplishing anything. So, with trigger-happy Rocket taking over and clobber-happy Grimm adding on, maybe we'll get more space action.

X-23 Wolverine looks interesting, even though I don't have the space for it in the budget.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm gonna miss Waid on Daredevil. His run was probably the best we've gotten on that character in a number of years. Plus, the Chris Samnee art was gorgeous.

I'm excited for Ant-Man and Amazing Spider-Man.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Iron Man?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Thor should be Thor not Jane Fosthor.

Cap should be Cap not Falcap.

Falcon should be Falcon not. He was just starting to get interesting. This is detrimental to him as an individual.

Logan should be Wolverine not Old Man Logan.

X-23 is better as X-23 than Wolverine. This doesn't help her. Same with Falcon.

Miles should be in his own universe and not in the main one. There is no point or need to have him in the main. It's not like his character needs it to survive.

All New is not for me.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of what is mentioned here, I want Spider-man. I've fallen in love with Sara Pichelli's art since she first worked on the character, so I'll grab it at the very least for her. Of the other series, I'm interested in Old Man Logan (more so for the writer), Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange (again for the writer).

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nope. Not the least bit interested in any of those titles...

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
    Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Cap10nate

Looking forward to seeing Soule on Daredevil.

Really sad that Bendis is still on Guardians. I couldn't stand his first run on the book which destroyed the character personalities that I had grown to love by the end of DnA's run and replaced it with garbage like, Blam! Murdered You! Also not happy that he'll be writing Ben Grimm again either.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman
    Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they really are doing away with 616 Logan and replacing him with Old Man Logan and Laura, that would be a pretty bold move.

It'll take a while to get used to that, but luckily I like Old Man Logan enough to give it a decent shot.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between my partner-in-crime and I all of these will be on our pull list... Except for Guardians. Now if we just didn't have to wait things would be amazing.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Thor are going to be hype as heck.

Wish Black Panther would have gotten his series back, but I'm cool with the current lineup.

I can't wait to see Sam Wilson continue his heroic journey as Cap.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By longbowhunter

Ant-Man should be a good time. I've been digging it all along, but a push in Superior Foes territory is welcome.

Excited to see Daredevil head in a different direction. I like Soule a lot. Garney and the new suit are a bit questionable, but we'll see.

Not on the list, but very curious about Hawkeye. Interesting that everything Lemire is writing has characters from Old Man Logan.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@never_again: I think I read that on comicbook.com that they confirmed that Gambit was not DD's apprentice.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who really loves the nova series. It's a top three book for me.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg Pak is back on the hulk he certainly knows what he's doing so the series will be fun.

I wish Gamora was on the Guardians.

People do a lot of b!tching and moaning when people change the status quo of things. They don't even give things a chance

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

I'm gonna miss Waid on Daredevil. His run was probably the best we've gotten on that character in a number of years. Plus, the Chris Samnee art was gorgeous.

Finally someone who don't bicht aboot the run of Waid on DD for don't being no't enough dark.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrappydont27: You are correct. It is confirmed that it is not Gambit. My theory? Ikari.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Thor is worthy now.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Can't wait for Wolverine. Been anticipating X taking up the cowl ever since Logan's death, and Laura is by far the best choice. I just hope Taylor lets her shape the Wolverine name into her own, rather than just aping Logan:

Where Logan was a cynical pragmatist, Laura has proven to be an idealist. She's much closer to being a true hero than Logan was even at his best, and increasingly seeks to do the right, not the expedient, thing (IE sparing/wanting to help Siphon after she recognizes he's a victim of Paradise, not just a mindless monster, even if it did eventually turn around and bite her).

It makes for an interesting contrast between the two, as Logan has always been willing to compromise what he believes in (IE killing Hope during AvX), while Laura constantly seeks something noble to aspire to. As little as I cared for her handling under Bendis, her breakdown over discovering just how SHIT Ultimate Universe was was poignant and heartbreaking.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Silk which I have enjoyed more then spider gwen.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for Wolverine. Been anticipating X taking up the cowl ever since Logan's death, and Laura is by far the best choice. I just hope Taylor lets her shape the Wolverine name into her own, rather than just aping Logan:

Where Logan was a cynical pragmatist, Laura has proven to be an idealist. She's much closer to being a true hero than Logan was even at his best, and increasingly seeks to do the right, not the expedient, thing (IE sparing/wanting to help Siphon after she recognizes he's a victim of Paradise, not just a mindless monster, even if it did eventually turn around and bite her).

It makes for an interesting contrast between the two, as Logan has always been willing to compromise what he believes in (IE killing Hope during AvX), while Laura constantly seeks something noble to aspire to. As little as I cared for her handling under Bendis, her breakdown over discovering just how SHIT Ultimate Universe was was poignant and heartbreaking.

Quote!

SlimJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Thor; trade wait on Ms. Marvel.

So...pretty much exactly what I was doing before Secret Wars.

jojobinks70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys get kick backs from Marvel? Your constant enthusiasm about all these GREAT changes at Marvel is sad. Bunch of corporate machinations to promote short term sales, with no respect to long time readers and established history and characters.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:
    @zeeguy91 said:

Finally someone who don't bicht aboot the run of Waid on DD for don't being no't enough dark.

I never understood where the sudden hatred of Waid's DD came from. Especially considering the praise it received early on. It's still one of Marvel's best selling books but according to people on the internet it's terrible.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojobinks70: Get over yourself. They give plenty of attention to DC and other publishers.

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KrazyCrab

Happy Howard and 2099 are coming back also Soule said it wasn't gambit sadly

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, your take on Wolverine depends on which of the thousands of story lines you wish to adhere to. And even then, your interpretation is half baked at best. Cherry picking from a few mediocre stories (and grossly misinterpreted too I might add) does little to reinforce or justify you placing Laura on a higher "heroic" pedigree than Wolverine.

Laura has hundreds of showings to Logan's multiples of thousands to boot. Give it time. Your take is like me stating Laura was only ever a guileless prostitute / whore and inglorious assassin endlessly, and ofttimes fruitlessly, struggling to wipe her sorted past clean by playing hero ... when she wasn't fighting her bipolar issues that is. I can point out a few instances wherein it was Logan holding her back.

Logan's moral compass ever adhered to a bushido code of honor. Written as intended, there are fewer more stand-up characters portrayed in comics today. Laura gets that ... which is why as a character she is endeavoring to honor it by sporting his colors.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DrellAssassin

@jojobinks70 said:

Do you guys get kick backs from Marvel? Your constant enthusiasm about all these GREAT changes at Marvel is sad. Bunch of corporate machinations to promote short term sales, with no respect to long time readers and established history and characters.

I almost threw up reading this. Go look at the essential comics and review articles of the past several weeks and see how DC, Image, and even Valiant heavy they've been. Like most of us, they just like good comics.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojobinks70: Nope, we just enjoy comics. You should try it sometime!

I am super excited for Spider-Man, Thor and Wolverine, but my most anticipated book is definitely Ultimates! Ewing did a fantastic job on the criminally overlooked Mighty Avengers, and seeing Spectrum and Blue Marvel carrying over into ANAD is a huge win!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit is meant to be regulated to a "Robin" type role with Daredevil now?

Eh ... seems grossly out of character and a bit of a slight if you ask me. Not to mention, Matt is not Gumbo's senior in any measure of the term; age, life experience, ability ... Remy is no "sidekick". Unless he's being retconned into an angst ridden teen thief rescued from a life of crime, and rehabilitated by Murdock or some such rubbish.

Guess I'll wait to see before eye rolling too hard.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I'll be getting Thor once again

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is the only one that I'm really excited for!

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: I wouldn't go that far. Admitting a certain thing in a book isn't for you is fine but bashing a writer or an entire series for having a different take of the character is ridiculous.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how Odinson is a mere afterthought to you guys... "Oh and we look forward to learning if Odinson even exists now."

jojobinks70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe my comment was stating Comic Vine doesn't cover other companies. It was addressing their continual positive spin on everything Marvel has been doing with this reboot. That's cool if you disagree, someone has to go buy the 50 variants of every new #1 that will be coming out.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Everything you just said would be fine.... If that were actually Gambit.

comicawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree for all except Spider-Man, that book is going to be trash

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#49  Edited By Teerack

Not all of these are even returning titles. It's a new Hulk so it's not a returning title... I mean there has never even been a book with that title before. xD There hasn't been an x-23 solo book in forever so it's not a returning title.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of these titles have me excited...Spider-man could be interesting but ive been wrong about it before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.