Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Close Look at Each 'All-New, All-Different Marvel' Character Images

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

Here's my problem with Red Wolf, Marvel comics only has one major Native American character who is neither a Shaman or a tracker, that's Forge but even with him a part of his backstory is him turning his back on Shamanistic training to focus on technology. There are many things they can do to respect a characters heritage as a Native American that have nothing to do with these 2 things but they absolutely refuse to.

I hear you. I guess if he's in the 1800s or whatever era book, it makes sense for him to be dressed as some one from that era might be, but still. There is also Echo, though; she's half Cherokee and doesn't really play up her Native American heritage in her powers, although it shows up in her costume to an extent sometimes.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'd rather he have the cowl back and use the tomahawks as his primary weapon. I didn't know Echo was in the list of Native American heroes! The only ones I can really think of would be Turok, Chief Man of Bats, Raven Red [there's your t-shirt and jeans btw!], Apache Chief and by extension Longshadow, Manitou Raven, Warpath, Forge, and Thunderbird. Tonto too if you include the Pulps.

You know the whole shaman/tracker stereotype is a common thing with black heroes in DC with tech based weapons and electricity powers... Steel, Black Lightning, Static, Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Cyborg... then again DC just has a lot more redundant characters than one might think.

~KL~

Maximum-Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153  Edited By Maximum-Spider

Hate the new Miss Marvel powers. Just doesn't go in my opinion. Karnak looks the coolest he's ever looked & I can see a potentially good popularity increase because of it. I doubt the same with Ms Marvel with those powers.

Okay so basically Marvel wants huge fans of the movies to catch some comics & get into the chracters which means off with the fantastic four & X-men. "How can we at marvel still use some of the characters without actually using the X-men or mutant or the Fantastic Four both owned by Fox."

(Not saying they do not own all comic rites. Just it's a huge conflict of interest to promote Fox's movie characters as they are over Marvel's own of course. So this is their solution)

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of these I really dislike...

Ugh.

Spider-woman is a mess.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@lordhuck said:

Except that Strange didn't kill Spectrum with his big Lovecraft monster. Spectrum was defeated by Black Bolt back on our Earth.

Minor detail :)

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't know about Iron Man personally but Spider-Man looks dope and Star Lord is still bad ass so thumbs up thus far!

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
    gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision and Daredevil look good,X-23 is not bad.If they are keeping the new Cap,then why the elderly Steve Rogers who is how old? Without the Super Serum he would die of old age. Same with Old Man Logan who still ages just not as fast. New Iron Man suit is not impressive,the Superior suit or the black and gold suit look much better. I see no purpose to Dr.Strange with a double bladed battle axe,as he is a magic based character I think a staff or maybe even a really cool dagger but not an axe suited more for Conan. Ms Marvel looks the same basically. As do some of the others. Red Wolf looks like Riverwind from Dragonlance Chronicles. Very cool. Hyperion looks good. Doctor Spectrum has been around awhile I think,not sure. Inferno and Karnak I can't say since I'm not familiar with their previous look. Citizen looks like an updated Iron Patriot but with sabres and a cape. Still do not dig new Thor maybe she'll grow on me.

blazingwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

main issue I have here is, didnt the fantastic 4 just spend a year in space and the thing totally hated it? why on earth would he rush right on back out to space? It just screams of shoe-horning characters in to try an boost the sales of the franchise!

Also does no-one else think it may be ultimate tony stark that is iron man here? It would explain the old school look, the reason mentioned that they dont have finance as this tony wont have money and another way to be "all new"

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 - meh. Dr.Spectrum? The survivor of Grand Society and incursion, yes? Strange is strange with big axe. Iron Man looks like ~ultimate for me. And why Daredevil back in black?)

knightsfyre19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of the Vision look. Too much red – makes it look like parts of the costume are stuck to his naked body using double-sided tape.

Here’s how I’d tweak it to make it look more like a uniform reminiscent of his classic look, with enough of a difference to reflect a more aggressive attitude.

No Caption Provided
    Zach_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Zach_S

@joshmightbe:

Hey bro, I saw you complaining in the other thread about Red Wolf. I'm with you, but we should wait and focus on how he is written and if respect is given to your culture, not the way he is dressed.

I'm whiter than wonder bread, so I won't comment on the racial aspect, but my father is a Swiss immigrant and I was raised with a Swiss culture. If Marvel ran a "Captain Switzerland" and he was portrayed as a chocolate and cheese guzzling portly short fellow with no strong opinion on anything whose interests focused on cows and watches...yeah, I'd be a little offended. But if they wrote him as his own individual and respected the culture; he could dress in liederhosen and bash people on the head with an alpine horn and shout "Ricolaaa!!!", and I wouldn't mind.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In my opinion I think a few characters could have been taken off the board like old Steve Rogers and 616 Tony Stark. The new costumes their great! Some characters have old costumes so I don't see how that's new? Peter Parker should be replaced with Miles Morals.

I'd rather have Morales be brutally killed than him replace Peter. If anyone should, it's Kaine or Miguel, not Miles.

Replica2618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well least Captain Falcon looks a tad better,still dont dig Dr Strange and MS.Marvels looks though

SentryVoid616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really like them all, but my faves are Iron Man (For the new helmet shape! awesome!) and Doctor Strange, almost classic costume and a FREAKING BATTLE AXE! honourable mention to the Thing, The Guardians New Pilot, Obviously!

Hope this isnt everyone in the New Universe though (Heroes i mean), that would be sad! some amazing characters will be lost

Grimmster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dig 'em...

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion is in desperate need of a redesign. Ditch the championship belt and underwear, Marvel!

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@joshmightbe: No not the only one. They could have at least gone the American Eagle route or just reintroduce Puma, I actually liked him.

I haven't really been keeping up with what's going on with this Marvel event so if anyone could give me a brief explanation I'd appreciate it.

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171  Edited By BetaRaybdw

@xwraith: yes, jk but actually the only thing I like in the whole bunch is X-23, everything else is either eh, who cares or oh hell no.

rezairondroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#172  Edited By rezairondroid
    No Caption Provided

Where the heck are they actually, wondering so much about this!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@meatwadf: Or they'll do what comics usually do with Native Americans and he'll be a quasi mystical tracker. Its the 21st century many of us have discovered the jeans and t-shirt combo.

But we refuse to give up the firewater and peace pipes! (j/k)

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Who the heck is Citizen V? Looks like one of those characters from unsuccessful comics.

Deathpool10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: I Suppose, it just think its annoying that he gets more limelight than most superheores in the marvel universe than those who deserve it

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These range from unremarkable to down-right terrible. I don't like Ironman, DR Spectrum, SpiderGwen or Spider Woman at all, and Ms Marvel looks like an absolute joke. Seriously the worse looking character from a major comic that I can remember.

On the flip side, with so many established characters changing race, gender and sexual orientation, and the P.C.ification of character costumes... I'm clearly no longer in the target demographic for these companies. In the '80's and '90's, writers could write and artists could draw and nobody worried about "lets make sure we include this group and don't offend that group."

If the new stuff looked great and seemed compelling, I wouldn't care. But all of these changes look lame and seem absurd to me.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Just send an email to marvel saying that you are offended. They will rename him Tony Wolfstark and make him the new Ironman.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#178  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@rocketraccoonthingy: a British super hero whom Baron Zemo murdered and impersonated in the original Thunderbolts series.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: how to change the profile pic

i was just trying to change miles morales pic pls help

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc: no characters are changing race/orientation/etc. they're just passing off their mantles to people who happen to be different. Sorry it looks like I'm badgering you. I just want to make sure others understand the difference.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

SSdeadlyvirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so many characters I don't know ... marvel seems very interesting of late. tho I was told it was ending soon ... so kind of a bad time to get a interest in in it eh? lol

does x-23 have her own series or something? I bought the death of logan series (just need to get my hands on those tie ends) and I read some where that sabertooth was going to be the next wolverine.

and pls ..can someone explain this new ms.marvel to me and where is the other ms.marvel?

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

so many characters I don't know ... marvel seems very interesting of late. tho I was told it was ending soon ... so kind of a bad time to get a interest in in it eh? lol

does x-23 have her own series or something? I bought the death of logan series (just need to get my hands on those tie ends) and I read some where that sabertooth was going to be the next wolverine.

and pls ..can someone explain this new ms.marvel to me and where is the other ms.marvel?

X hasn't had a solo since 2011, when it was ended so she could be used as a kickstand to prop up Avengers Academy (it didn't work, because Academy was just THAT BAD. Ugh, it read like an after school special). They've been using her in team books since then, and I'd probably consider her the deuteragonist of Wolverines, as she gets the most real focus after Mystique. Wolverines was overall very good before they ruined it in the final issue (par for the course when Mystique is involved it relies on EVERYONE running with the Idiot Ball for all they're worth). Issue 13 (a VERY meta issue starring Deadpool, which was HILARIOUS) is the first very strong hint we get of Laura taking on the Wolverine name. AFAIK nothing within the books ever hinted that Creed would be becoming Wolverine. That was only ever a rumor in the media.

dasMetzger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: i didn't notice at first how she has the wings. i would otherwise like the costume without them

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jbbuc: I'm not offended I'm just annoyed. I think that its a little weird that we can't have at least a couple Native American characters that aren't the same thing we always see. I'm just asking for variety. You can have a character respect his culture without being a stereotype.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Interesting

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think vision looks good even red wolf is nice love iron mans new look why is doctor spectrum a girl

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now X-23's even more of a Wolverine wannabe. I thought the whole point was for her to find her own path.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

@xwraith: No you are not! I also think Vision looks garbage too.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

Red Wolf looks awesome... Back in 1980.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100% PURE TRASH!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I just want to say I'm really glad Strange doesn't have that big collar anymore but kept the cape.

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

wow, some of those are really ... what's the word ... bad!

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the new Thing design is the only one thats catching me..doesnt quite mean I'm gonna like it once I figure out whats going on.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

said:

Seems like Spidey's chest symbol as well as boots and even his eyes on the mask seem different. the symbol is different shaped and glowing so are his eyes. His boots are designed differently.

Iron man's costume looks less hardcore.... more anime like. all the other characters really looks the same.

to me ironman's costume looks kind of old school.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone pretty much looks the same so only going to comment on the newbies/changes:

dr. strange with an axe? stupid

x-23 as wolverine? how so not out the box.

nice to have a native american character but depends on how they use him

preferred medusa's actual new costume this is just a rehash of her origin costume. yawn

thats not karnak

depends on who is in the citizen v gear. new thunderbolts comic? if so IM EXCITED!

prefer hyperion with the red

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: unless they reboot him/make him a new character not at all. his powers are mystically derived but they are all physical

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: yeah bUt for all we know this new one could have an awesome story. We'll just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Some of these are not really "New" Hyperion and Dr Spectrum looked exactly like that b4 secret wars. (Please give hyp his red look back). Same with steve and cap falcon? Not a lot of real changes outside of karnak

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.