Follow

Marvel NOW!

Concept » Marvel NOW! appears in 413 issues.

Marvel NOW! is a Marvel relaunch that began in October 2012. It brought some major changes to the Marvel Universe and launched many new ongoing series from some of the biggest names in the business.

Marvel NOW! Recap: 11/19/12

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeboy
    I hate those mieces to pieces!!
    ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ReadItNow

That's a big smile g man! Ya a handful of Marvel 1s have that effect!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

"You're just a hater Tony."  

God I love Babs!

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cavemold

why is so impossible to think thor answers other prayers @G-Man

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Fantasgasmic

I like videos like this, and I'd like to see more like it. Maybe it's because I don't listen to the podcast.

I don't listen to the podcast because it's 2 hours long, I don't have a very long commute, and I find podcast formats in general have a hard time keeping my interest.

Have you guys ever thought of nixing the podcast and instead putting out regular segment videos 10 to 15 minutes in length? I would imagine it would be fairly straightforward to do, like doing the podcast but just breaking up the segments afterwards, and scattering the releases over the course of the week. Or does the podcast generate a lot of traffic, and I'm the statistical outlier?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By reignmaker

No Deadpool? *sad face*

Aw well, it's not like it's going to stop me from buying #2 anyway.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

Thor, all new x-men and X-men Legacy (i was sadened by mixed reviews) are instant pull list material

k3vbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k3vbomb

I thought this was a video review of comics released Nov. of 1912. /letdown.... =P

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I HATE MARVEL FOR MAKING ALL THE TITLES $4 and BIMONTHLY

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By ReadItNow

@k3vbomb that would have been awesome, just not sure what characters were around then @madeinbangladesh ah man, don't be a hater. Printed comics is expensive. If your willing to wait it out a bit... You can get it on line cheaper. Not as good as print, but it is cheaper on line if you wait a while. Let the on line better than print bs begin lol

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal19

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I agree with you. I want to start reading Marvel books, but the $4 price tag and a lot of them being bimonthly is keeping me away

randalmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By randalmeister

@Baberaham_Lincoln: Did you like X-Men: Legacy #1? I like Legion well enough but felt the #1 could have been tighter. I'll definitely give it a few issues before I render judgement.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Reignmaker ? Deadpool wasn't released last week.

@k3vbomb sheesh. Some people are never satisfied. We did post reviews for this week's Cap, Hulk and Journey.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By csl316

Pix of the beanbag or it didn't happen. Snap (those pics!)

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 showed how you can travel into your own past. But Tony's explanation started making more and more sense as the hand motions got moving.

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great video. Kinda feels like the podcast discussion with added video content tho. Not that I am complaining. It is way easier to tell whether you guys are joking or not with a video than on the audio podcast.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Decept-O

Interesting discussion regarding Thor and most mystical/mythological based characters. I never thought Thor, as depicted by Marvel, really had any interactions with "prayers" thrown his way. Guess I need to raid my brother's comics because he's a big Thor fan. Thor itself as a concept is based on Norse Mythology which was a religion for lack of a better term way way back in history.

When someone shows up displaying powers normally not seen by man, it would be tempting to indeed "pray" to that person. It will probably happen one day which is kind of scary.

Speaking of time travel, my future's so bright I gotta wear shades....it can be depicted well or really confusing. Seems like time travel always opens the door for speculation in one way or another.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

That girl is so nerdy-sexy. Bonus likes comics.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#18  Edited By pspin

These extra videos are great, keep up the great work! Will you be doing this for all of the Marvel Now books?

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dreamfall31

Thor was interesting, but I probably wouldn't read it if my brother wasn't picking it up himself. FF is the only one I'm going to pick up, but even that one I don't know too much about. I just like the people in the team and Mike Allred's art!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By SavageDragon

Thor was cool not sure if i will stick with it, Im really only looking forward to Age of Ultron and Thunderbolts.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We are fully upon the Marvel NOW streak with this. Good recap, G-Man and Sara!

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By ME24601

Fantastic Four #1 has definitely been my favorite Marvel NOW! release so far.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

X-Men and Thor seem legit, but I don't trust either Brian Bendis or Jason Aaron in writing a series based on some of my favorite characters. Bendis is great in the Ultimate-verse and Aaron kicks ass in Wolverine and the X-Men. But they butchered Incredible Hulk and Avengers respectively.

So it's going to be a while before I cough up cash in buying their titles.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thveej

X-men, Thor and Fantastic Four were good. I am bit worried about Thor, it had a good start but I can totally see it going down a convoluted path. Old Thor does look bad ass though. I enjoyed Fantastic Four, but it will be really hard to out do Hickman's run.  

My only problem with X-men was  that : 

I can not wait to see how (old) Jean reacts to the present. How will she feel about Wolverine and the school being named after her? What will she think of past/future Scott after seeing the future? Will Jean's presence in this timeline somehow lead to the resurrection of  the dead Jean? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!! 
    rigormortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rigormortis

Thor is my favorite Marvel Now book thus far, which is surprising, considering I previously had little interest in Thor or the fantasy genre in general. It's probably because of Dean White. That man could paint a bowel movement blue and it would somehow look tragically beautiful.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well, damn. You see what working on prepping the Thanksgiving dinner does? It makes me late for enjoying new video content. I only knew this was up becasue I saw that YouTube video. The dinner thing wasn't really a joke. I try and cook a few dishes ahead of time throughout the week. That saves me from cooking everything in one day. It's very stressful.

Love the LOTR movies and books. I own the extended editions of all three movies. Those have amazing commentaries from nearly everyone who worked on the films. .

I seem to remember that it was in X-MEN: MESSIAH COMPLEX that Cyclops had Madrox send several of his duplicates to several timelines in the future to gather information. That's becasue they didn't know which time line had the information. They were all to gather information then die so all that info would be sent back in time to the original Madrox.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JamDamage

I love how Mark Millar had Tony Stark tell Thor he'd give $100,000 to any charity if he'd stop talking like a god and talk like an Earthman. Other then that. Aren't the X-Men of the past here in the future to try and CHANGE the timeline so Cyclops doesn't do what he's done and go all bad guy.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Press Oblivion

This was a nice feature guys! Nice job.

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29  Edited By kingdomenic

@Eternal19 said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I agree with you. I want to start reading Marvel books, but the $4 price tag and a lot of them being bimonthly is keeping me away

Are they going to continue to be bimonthly? I thought that Marvel was just trying to keep up with Death of the Family sales.

Marv_El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Marv_El

some pray to thor.. some might need too :P but we all need to learn the truth about him.

Back to Light.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By feargalr

I'm defo sticking with all 4 of those books for the foreseeable future. Thor was amazing, and Fantastic Four was... well.. fantastic, The 2 X-Men books didn't blow me away as much but I'm really excited to see where they both go.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Loki9876

I really like the fantasy stuff in thor so I guess this will be a book for me.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deadpool25mm

"Brian Michael Bendis:The other aspect of the book that I’ll be dealing with is that there are a lot of things that happen on Earth, a lot of messing with the space-time continuum, a lot of time jumping going on, and though there doesn’t seem to be a lot of ramifications once those stories are over in those stories, there is a ramification somewhere else in the galaxy, and we’ll be dealing with that.
    Let’s say that there’s a story where the five original X-Men come here to the present. That is an abuse of the space-time continuum, and though there’s no genuine effect going on in [ALL-NEW X-MEN], it doesn’t mean it’s not happening in the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY."
    http://marvel.com/news/story/19545/marvel_now_qa_guardians_of_the_galaxy

;)

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
    crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crazyflashfan11

I don't know if ill pick up any of these, but I am definitley picking up Hulk.

tordollhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By tordollhouse

For all those interested exclusively in Marvel NOW!

I run a blog with a daily review of ONLY Marvel Now! related issue(s) you can check it out over at:

http://tordollhouse.blogspot.com.au/

TwistedBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TwistedBishop

You can tell Tony really loves playing mean older brother to Sara. The patient looks she gives him are fantastic.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By doordoor123

@Fantasgasmic said:

I like videos like this, and I'd like to see more like it. Maybe it's because I don't listen to the podcast.

I don't listen to the podcast because it's 2 hours long, I don't have a very long commute, and I find podcast formats in general have a hard time keeping my interest.

Have you guys ever thought of nixing the podcast and instead putting out regular segment videos 10 to 15 minutes in length? I would imagine it would be fairly straightforward to do, like doing the podcast but just breaking up the segments afterwards, and scattering the releases over the course of the week. Or does the podcast generate a lot of traffic, and I'm the statistical outlier?

They used to do more videos. I wish they had more rather then the podcast. It IS hard to listen to.

They should also invest in a boom-pole and a better microphone.

Figueiredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Figueiredo

Don´t ask why, but I like the song. It´s so calm... What/Who is it?

TwistedBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwistedBishop

@doordoor123 said:

They used to do more videos. I wish they had more rather then the podcast.

Please, no. I love the podcast dearly and would hate to see it disappear. It's a big part of the reason I use the site so much.

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SolthesunGod

I liked Legacy. I like when things aren't completely spelled out for you. You found out what was going on by the end of the issue anyway. The whole new reader friendly thing often dumbs books down. I thought this was clever. Worth a few issues. If done well, Legion could be an excellent character.

All New X-Men was so fine. But already this seems so predictable. The original X-Men travel to the future and all of a sudden Cyclops comes across a mutant with the ability to control the flow of time. How convenient. Beast is mutating again and all of a sudden has access to his young umutated self's dna. How convenient. I shouldn't have an idea of how the story is going to end in the first issue.

Fantastic Four was good. I didn't like Sue though at the end. I think Fraction got everyone else down. I'm totally getting a 60s sci fi feel from it. Give it a couple of issues.

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By tim_mik

You're completely right about Legacy

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randalmeister: In MY opinion, i loved the living lovenesss out of it, sure some parts of the art was 'off'', and the writing can be a bit 'wacky' (these were complaints from most reviews), but the way i look at it, these mistakes were cause by Legion's multiple personalities =P. For example, when i see distortion in certain parts of the art, i think it's just legion's brain slowly spiralling out of control... sure that may seem retarded, but i just love the premise of Legacy and really hope to see Legion as a character step up and become a big deal in the future of the marvel universe.

P.S. Jorge Molina will be doing art duties too, i liked his art in WATXM, twas very clean and elegant =D

randalmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By randalmeister

@Baberaham_Lincoln: Fair enough. I wouldn't say I didn't like entirely. I'll simply say I'm not sold on it's premise. I think this series has the potential to be quite interesting but the first issue left me somewhat ambivalent. I'm going to give Spurrier a few issues to sell me on it. The addition of Jorge Molina on art can't hurt, though. :)

I've always liked when Legion showed-up in an X-Men storyline because he's always a wildcard; he's just so unpredictable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.