Who should be on the Thunderbolts?

Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) 10 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Who should be on the Thunderbolts? (12 votes)

Baron Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) 75%
Ghost (Ava Starr-Foster) 67%
Red Hulk (William Hurt) 50%
Batroc (George's St. Pierre) 33%
Leader (Jeffrey Combs) 17%
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) 17%
Beetle (Michael C. Hall) 17%
Shocker (Bokeem Woodbine) 17%
Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) 17%
Scorpion (Michael Mando) 25%

Here are a few surviving candidates that could make up the Thunderbolts in the MCU but please voice other members that would enhance the team as well as potential threats.

#1 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want the Leader to come back and see the Red Hulk. We could have had a chance for Red Hulk in Civil War.

#2 Posted by Riddlersriddle (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo, Red Hulk, Ghost, Beetle & Batroc Imo. Zemo as he needs more to him and should evolve more into his comic character: Red Hulk as Ross should have an everlasting influence over the MCU and the transformation would be a good way of doing it: Ghost, Beetle & Batroc as they should get more exposure too

#3 Posted by Rey_King (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.....................he needs to be on everythng

#4 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king: sentry should have a role or cameo in the upcoming captain marvel

#5 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlersriddle: judging from the amount of attention my morbius and thunderbolts polls have gotten gives me a pretty clear idea of the kind hype one would have if these movies ever get greenlit.

#6 Posted by Riddlersriddle (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: I doubt a Morbius film would be too popular tbh but I think a Thunderbolts film could be just what Marvel needs right now - A chance to prove the MCU doubters that they can be dark and violent too. Would love to see a Thunderbolts film tbh

#7 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlersriddle: same here. The main threats could range from Arnim Zola coming back to Leader, Abomination or red hulk himself

#8 Posted by Riddlersriddle (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Zola would be cool to see again and Leader would be a great villain for them to face

#9 Edited by KimandClay (6 posts) - - Show Bio

No Songbird on the list?

#10 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@kimandclay: I'm just going off of what characters we have seen thus far but u have a point new characters could be introduced.

#11 Posted by MrNihal (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#12 Posted by Nucleon (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

No Songbird on the list?

Songbird, the poisonned innocence element, along with her in-team nemesis, the manipulative Karla Sofen (as Moonstone) are indeed Thunderbolts essentials.

I would add to that MCU Zemo (as a leader), Ant-Man (in some giant-form identity, reflecting Atlas), and a Bullseye (as the psychopathic element). They would have been a fine addition to MCU's Civil War setting, acting as Superheroes' MPs. They could also work well in a Nemo scheme to pose as heroes.

#13 Posted by MrNihal (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I would've like absorbing man too,but.....

#14 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12161 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see Red Hulk for sure

#15 Edited by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Would like to see them formed against a group of uncompromised villains that form the Masters of Evil, which could play into a sequel or second iteration based upon the 2 rosters...

Thunderbolts-

Existing: General Ross/Red Hulk, Justin Hammer, Zemo, Ghost,

New Characters: Atlas, Fixer or Beetle, Songbird, Moonstone

Masters of Evil:

existing- Arnim Zola, Leader, Abomination,

new- Radioactive Man or Titanium Man, Yelena Belova, Swordsman, Scourge/Nuke, Batroc,

#16 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I totally agree with u. They would have been great in the civil war movie but since captain marvel was introduced yet they probably wouldn't have had moonstone. Zemo, red hulk, leader, trickshot, beetle, black ant, atlas and songbird could have made the roster.

#17 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: I really like your ideas about the roster. Thunderbolts as a movie or as a series could surpass the moderate success of Suicide Squad.

#18 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: nuke unfortunately died in season 2 of Jessica jones. Scourge could be played by D-Man. I would imply that Zola survived the winter soldier sequel and implanted himself into a MODOK module. If the MODOK and Leader were to team up, they could form the Intelligencia to combat the thunderbolts.

#19 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Thanks! Wanted to make a roster based upon Rosses ability to present a team that has redemptive characters. Justin Hammer makes easy sense as an elitist that Ross would be attracted to having on his squad for a tech facilitator, which could introduce Fixer. Ross would also be into Zemo as he nearly defeated the Avengers, which i suspect Ross would be very interested in. Atlas could be introduced as attempting to steal Bill Fosters Goliath tech and failing, hence why he gets brought in and also to give him the 16 foot mark that Foster talked about his height max. Ghost is just an easy one to include for whatever reason; and Songbird and Moonstone could be introd however really, maybe as a criminal thrill seeking couple or something...

And for the Masters of Evil, Leader could find Zola, and together start their team, first freeing Abomination; which could put them on Rosses map as threats, and a political reason to have his own team under his control.

#20 Edited by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: No real loss there, (forgot most of what happened in JJ season 2 thankfully); just as long as Batroc gets to be on the squad lol, jk... Also like the idea of using the MODOK module if they wanted to use it as a staging point for him

#21 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: Honestly they could have used MODOK in the Winter Soldier sequel as Zola's algorithm. Here's how I would have set it up. Operation Paperclip gave Zola the alias George Tarlatan so he could live a semi normal life while remaining under SHIELD observation or so everyone was led to believe. Zola designs an algorithm code named MODOK which will headline Project Insight. As for Zola, he would assume two different robotic forms: the towering giant robot with a photo camera for a head which would be used in combat situations and the MODOK form when Zola converses or escapes a conflict.

Iron Man 3 should have ditched Coldblood and put Firebrand in its place since most of them were terrorists in their own rights plus if they planned on having Ruffalo involved even in a small capacity, I would have expanded it and bring Red Hulk into the fold or even Leader.

Sorry for prattling on, I wanted also ask. Do you wanna follow each other?

#22 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Yeah sure. And I could see the MODOK thing working, except maybe make it the other way around, where his camera head form is for conversation/interrogation, and the MODOK form for battle, (since it means Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing) and since it would work great for retreat with that giant friggin rocket at it base lol...

#23 Posted by RavenVice01 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: very true. U make valid points. For all we know Zola is still alive since he is a digital ghost and he could have been downloaded somewhere. I'm happy that we are following each other

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.