Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Top Ten Marvel Cinematic Universe Villains

• 133 results
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

Thanos doesn't belong on here. Stane does and Bucky should have been higher.

Loki at number 1 was expected. Even if he is kind of a whiney princess.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

From the list the villains I like are Winter Soldier, Loki, Ultron, Kingpin, and Thanos. Ultron is my favorite, I really liked his personality in Age of Ultron.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Uh, ward, winter soldier, and jiang are not villians. Just because you are against shield does not at all a villain make.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Abomination is my personal favorite, followed by Grant Ward, Ultron, Kingpin and Obidiah Stane.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen A.o.S. yet so can't say anything about those characters but from this list, Loki and Kingpin are by far the BEST villains in the MCU

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Kingpin so low.

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never understand Bucky's villain status as being brain washed to do bad things doesn't make you evil.

Iron monger,Kingpin, Abomination and Loki are the top movie villains the rest really don't add up.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In before all the marvel hate.

On the subject Jiaying and Ward getting a mention is awesome. Both are awesome characters as well as Kingpin. Ultron being high up is awesome, after a second viewing he was defiantly a better villains than everyone complains about.

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Eivion

This is a fairly terrible list. The placements are pretty off with guys like Ronan & even Thanos not even worth placing on such a list yet. There has been way too little of Thanos, & Ronan was flat out terribly & lazily written. Kingpin being any less than no. 2 is laughably ridiculous. Only he and Loki have been given such a depth to be regarded so highly. That is not say others haven't been done well or decent enough. Ward & Jiaying are nice editions. I was quite fond of Ultron, Pierce, & Red Skull even though they could have done a better job with fleshing them out. I think Killian & Abomination would have been better choices to stick on instead of Ronan & Thanos.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I couldn't believe Ronan made the list. I thought he was the worst villain in GOTG.

MyScreen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

winter soldier is not a villain. he was just brainwashed.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: the old Asian lady from Dare Devil, shes a great bad guy and theres hints at a connection between her and Iron Fist

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top:

1-Kingpin: Wilson Fisk was very interesting and, for once, Marvel decided to develop his villain

2-Ward: Grant Ward's evolution through the whole AoS series has been great. I'm happy they kept him as a villain since he works much better that way and can't wait to see what they do with the character this year. Also, it's one of the few they've developed.

3-Loki: Everybody likes Loki, although in my opinion his character is way too one dimensional. He's evil, he wants to rule Asgard... there's not much about him other than Tom Hiddleston's charisma.

4-Ultron: It was great and had everything going for him. He was big, menacing, seemingly unstoppable... great villain. And then in the last fight he just kind of loses, which sucks.

5-Calvin Zabo: IMO the most fun villain of them all.

The rest are way too underdeveloped to even be consider.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This article needs more Absorbing Man.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stark should be number 1 as the ultimate villain of iron man and the avengers!!!

PS, sad that no iron man villain was put into your list, I really liked the villain in the first movie and the third movie (the pretender)

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingpin was in my opinion portrayed the best you feel for the guy

jwrose5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly makes a great villain? Is it the master plan? The scheming and mayhem that takes place to realize the plan? The ability to overcome great obstacles when plans don't come to fruition? The ability to make the hero an even better person?

I wouldn't put Winter Soldier on this list. In the end he's just a hired gun, a henchman to do the majority of all the fighting and killing. But he's a fan favourite.

I'm looking at the list of villains and most of them are small fries: guys who want revenge and power, and to take over the world. One guy who had power, a plan and made a hero even better was Obadiah Stane. I'd put him in the top 10.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the fact that Thanos is ranked 5 on his name alone (since he has done nothing at all) should tell you the overall quality of the villains the MCU has put out.

suffice to say with a couple exceptions ,they need to up their game.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm glad to see Alexander Pierce's high ranking place on the list, Pierce was a legitimately threatening and deceitful mastermind in The Winter Soldier. Plus he shot his cleaner point blank just because she forgot something and saw him with Bucky. That was a cold move. I'm disappointed that Obahdiah Stane isn't on the list though, Stane was a similarly good villain like Pierce was, only he could be a physical threat to Iron Man by the climax of the film. Putting Ronan over Stane is kind of unfair IMO.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need better villains. The better ones are the not one dimensional ones, which are the minority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos hasn't a done a darn thing and shouldn't be on this list, let alone that high. Loki is obviously the best, but Fisk (he's NOT called Kingpin) should be much higher. The acting, emotion, and power that he had was on a higher level than anyone else. He wasn't this cool, calm and collected villain who always knew what he was doing, he was sympathetic, emotional, child-like at times and broken, yet still came off as a powerful badass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos hasn't a done a darn thing and shouldn't be on this list, let alone that high. Loki is obviously the best, but Fisk (he's NOT called Kingpin) should be much higher. The acting, emotion, and power that he had was on a higher level than anyone else. He wasn't this cool, calm and collected villain who always knew what he was doing, he was sympathetic, emotional, child-like at times and broken, yet still came off as a powerful badass. Ultrom was a joke and Ronan was just a pawn.

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kingpin

2. Loki

3. Red Skull

4. Ultron

5. Obadiah Stane

6. Winter Soldier

7. Alexander Pierce

8. Thanos

9. Ronan

10. Ward

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Wow. Kingpin at 8...

So much wrong in this list. How is Thanos 5? What? Didn't realize we were counting the comics when we are talking about the movies... He has done nothing but sit on his lazy butt. Horrible list.

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By matanui123

I had to say Obadiah Stane for the sake of Jeff Bridges.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward? Effing WARD?!

*barf*

Avatar image for originalalchemist
    originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

Abomination even before he got gamma'd up was a brilliant character.

He sure was! People forget about The Incredible Hulk being a Marvel Cinematic universe film, but it was a good movie with a really good villain.

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If we're talking about performances, Loki, Kingpin, and Winter Soldier (just for action-sequences). All the other villians are BORING. (not including AoS since I haven't watched that show)

Zwm210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@yellowjacket8019: Jiyang and Ward were both infinitely more developed than Cross. They both have a clear motivation and interesting story arc, while Cross was just crazy for no reason. I also highly doubt his Cross particles will ever make a return.

Essenemg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Essenemg

Ronan doesn't deserve his place here :P

I really loved GOTG, but he was a walking cliché !

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where's Mandarin?

Let's face it. Nobody's putting Mandarin in their top 10

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#132  Edited By TheSpoiler

Loki? seriously? ugh, see this is why the (otherwise flawless) LEGO Marvel game basically said "fuck you" to all us Doctor Doom fans. Loki's becoming like the new Batman!

@thespoiler your thoughts?

My first thought is that I don't know why you're whining about Loki being here when he's one of only two people deserving of first.

As for the list itself, it's very ridiculous.

Fisk is only at 8, below Ronan, Red Skull, Thanos, Ultron, & Ward, when he should be in the top 2.

Forgettable villains like Ronan & Ward are on here, ranked higher than much better villains.

Winter Soldier is here, who shouldn't even be considered a villain. If they are considering him one, he should much higher than 9.

Thanos has done absolutely nothing yet is ranked 5th.

Ultron... he deserves to be in a Top 3 most annoying comic movie characters list. What he's doing in the top 3 here I have no clue.

Peirce was the best Phase 2 villain (except maybe Yellowjacket, but I don't know yet), but him being #2 is way too high when he really didn't do much impressive and wasn't that interesting.

There's no Obidiah, Abomination, Whiplash, or Justin Hammer (he's not even an option to vote for), which is ridiculous.

The only thing it did right was Loki being towards the top and not having Killian or Malekith, but even both of them deserve a spot more than Ultron (and possibly Thanos).

Avatar image for comicmultiverse
    ComicMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will the red skull be revived in the infinity war movies of the avengers???

http://www.comicmultiverse.net/red-skull1/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.