Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Spider-Man: Far From Home "leak" from 4Chan...probably crap but sounds cool!

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

Thoughts?

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope the endgame part is false...

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This sounds terrible, and if true, it shows just how little Feige/Watts understand the character of Spider-Man. He decides to stop Hydroman because he's straight up jealous that Mysterio has more fans than him? This character assassination is a tragedy...

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dogzee

@blackspidey2099: No that's not. That just goes to show that you don't know Spider-Man. Spidey has been jealous of Human Torch getting more fangirls and media attention and they had a long going rivalry, and that's straight from the original run... Plus it's not like Spiderman is pursuing Hydroman soley for that reason, OP states they have a run in before Mysterio intervenes

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not even the Real MJ..

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

''Cap went back to WW2 and grew old with Peggy'' god that sounds like awful storytelling.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rem

I really hope they don’t pull that Captain America bullshit. They need to take risks.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogzee said:

@blackspidey2099: No that's not. That just goes to show that you don't know Spider-Man. Spidey has been jealous of Human Torch getting more fangirls and media attention and they had a long going rivalry, and that's straight from the original run... Plus it's not like Spiderman is pursuing Hydroman soley for that reason, OP states they have a run in before Mysterio intervenes

I find it funny you say I don't know Spider-Man when you can't even spell the name... Sure, Spider-Man has been "jealous" of Human Torch, but it was more of a friendly rivalry between buddies that pushed Peter to be the best hero he could be. This movie has Spider-Man initially decline to save people, and then accept it only because he's jealous people like Mysterio more than him.

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogzee said:

I find it funny you say I don't know Spider-Man when you can't even spell the name... Sure, Spider-Man has been "jealous" of Human Torch, but it was more of a friendly rivalry between buddies that pushed Peter to be the best hero he could be. This movie has Spider-Man initially decline to save people, and then accept it only because he's jealous people like Mysterio more than him.

I can't spell his name right because I left out the hyphen the second time I wrote out his name? Stfu moron ?. Did you watch the movie yet? I doubt that will be how it plays out. Not just "Hey save Europe" and Peter going lol nope I'm on vacation even though he brought the suit.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

''Cap went back to WW2 and grew old with Peggy'' god that sounds like awful storytelling.

Yep. That's where it lost me.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blackspidey2099

@dogzee said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @dogzee said:

I can't spell his name right because I left out the hyphen the second time I wrote out his name? Stfu moron ?. Did you watch the movie yet? I doubt that will be how it plays out. Not just "Hey save Europe" and Peter going lol nope I'm on vacation even though he brought the suit.

I find it funny that you take shots at my intelligence while being a blind MCU fanboy, but to each his own. I was commenting on the synopsis posted in the OP on this thread, not the story of the actual movie - for obvious reasons. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the movie itself butchers Peter's character this much or worse, given the travesty which Homecoming was.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Homecoming was a "travesty"...how, exactly?

Butchery of Peter's character, butchery of Mary Jane's character, butchery of Flash's character, butcher of Ned Leeds' character.... need I go on?

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd said:

Butchery of Peter's character, butchery of Mary Jane's character, butchery of Flash's character, butcher of Ned Leeds' character.... need I go on?

Look, I completely understand about MJ and Flash. But Peter I thought was perfect. If you read the Ultimate Spider-Man comic series (not the show), which features Peter as a teen in its entirety, his personality is perfect. It makes sense that he'd idolize Iron Man and be an aspiring Avenger. And it's good that he finally has connections to other heroes rather than just existing on his own like in every other movie he's been in. And I was okay with Ned being Asian, but he was too much like Ganke from the Miles Morales comics.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
    SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>literally anyone but like 2 people on Earth

>telling BSpidey he doesn't know much about Spider-Man

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @solar_nerd said:

Look, I completely understand about MJ and Flash. But Peter I thought was perfect. If you read the Ultimate Spider-Man comic series (not the show), which features Peter as a teen in its entirety, his personality is perfect. It makes sense that he'd idolize Iron Man and be an aspiring Avenger. And it's good that he finally has connections to other heroes rather than just existing on his own like in every other movie he's been in. And I was okay with Ned being Asian, but he was too much like Ganke from the Miles Morales comics.

I have read the Ultimate Spider-Man series (in fact, it's what got me into Spider-Man comics in the first place) and MCU Peter is nothing like that. For the first 100 or so issues (which are commonly accepted as the best), he didn't idolize any heroes except maybe Cap, and he definitely didn't have a sugar daddy constantly saving him and helping him out. Even Fury was more of an antagonist who would repeatedly threaten Peter rather than someone to give him tech. Peter was most definitely a solo hero for most of the run, with nothing but his wits and determination to get him out of scrapes. Him idolizing Iron Man and being motivated by being an Avenger is literally the opposite of that, especially considering that he already has a stronger moral compass than the guy who lies to a 15 year old in order to recruit them to their side in a war. And while there might be some tenuous similarities between MCU Parker and 1610 Parker, if you consider the definitive version of the character (ie. 616 Peter) there are literally none beyond the name. That's what I call a butchery.

Having connections to other heroes is good, but it's far from the most important thing for a character like Spider-Man. He's supposed to be a primarily solo character anyways, so being accurate to the spirit of the character trumps being able to have some crossovers. In fact, much of the problem with the MCU interpretation comes with how desperate they are to have him connected to other characters.

Really, MCU Peter reads more like Feige wanted to do a Miles Morales movie but was afraid that there might be backlash, so he just replaced all the names with Peter-based characters. Even Aunt May is nothing like the comic Aunt May - she could be a generic mother-figure character.

As for Ned/Flash/MJ, I literally could not care less about what race they are, but they still butchered the characters in other forms. Ned is nothing like Ned - I don't see why they wasted that character when they could have made him an original character or called him Ganke. MJ and Flash are also, once again, completely dissimilar to their comic book counterparts to the point that the names are nothing but Easter Eggs, though you agreed with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,hope the endgama cap spoiler is fake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.