Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Official Avengers: Endgame Discussion (SPOILERS)

• 58 results
    RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

@jiggs1234: I actually made a poll for this upcoming series on the mcu forum. Check it out. Its Winter soldier and falcon cast.

jiggs1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed with a couple things.

The Ending (After battle) took a bit too long. The battle was too short. Hulk and Ebony Maw did nothing during that fight. BUT LOOK AT ALL THE FEMALES.

The Natasha death was cliché, cheesy and I didn't really feel anything.

Not enough Thanos. There's really just one fight the entire movie.

I really don't like how Hulk and Thor were handled in this movie. 8.5/10 IW was better.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Especially since the movie went two hours without any real action until the final battle. I was wondering if they should have sped up the first two hours or lengthened the final battle for more characters to get some shine.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By huthimamwa

We finally have a legitimate connection from a movie to a television series instead of the other way around. I believe this is an MCU first and I'm surprised it isnt being talked about more.

TopAce12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TopAce12

I think the whole female thing would have been better if marvel was racing to the van and the gradually jumped in to take out the bad guys instead just popping up and being like Female Power!

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd give the movie about a 7/10. I really enjoyed it in the heat of the moment--which is more than I could say for Civil War--but many parts of it don't hold up super well.

The first 30 min or so of the movie were way too exposition-heavy, and ended up intruding on the grief factor with the constant need to explain the time travel. It reminded me a bit of the beginning of Days of Future Past, but more drawn-out. I liked Tony swearing off the Avengers, but Hulk's popularity felt really random and clashed with the darker theme they were trying to set. It was disappointing but not surprising that Marvel kept trying to lighten the mood with jokes.

I liked the minimal amount of Captain Marvel in the movie. The parts we saw her in, she was great, but I am likewise glad that they kept the movie focused on the original Avengers. However, the end of Black Widow felt cheap, especially given that she has built up more of a fanbase (having appeared in more movies) than Hawkeye. I was really expecting him to jump and for his daughter to take up the bow in his place. Though I did enjoy them fighting for the role of sacrifice.

The time-travel parts were super wonky. I figured they would have to be, in order for there to be sufficient drama while time-travelling, but it clashed with the well-defined nature of the MCU's timeline. It seemed like they were going to be leaning into the multiverse concept like in the comics, but it was never actually stated outright.

I loved Nebula, but wasn't impressed by Thor. He wasn't bad, just... disappointing. I don't know why I keep waiting for Thor to become a noble warrior character, but it seems that Marvel is intent on keeping him the jokester because's he is dumber. Though I am looking forward to him joining the Guardians in space, as it paves the way for more inter-connectivity in solo movies.

I think my favorite parts were the tweaks to history. The bit in the 70's was largely unnecessary (except to reiterate Steve's love of Peggy to set up for the ending), but I ADORED the return to the original Avengers in 2012, in particular Steve conning the HYDRA agents and fighting himself.

The final battle was, of course, amazing. Steve wielding Mjolnir and saying "Avengers Assemble" was a long time coming. I enjoyed the bit with all the female heroes, it just felt really sudden and a bit random, especially given that they were supposed to be protecting Carol and, like... two of them have powers. But I respected what they were going for.

Tony and Steve's respective endings were great. I actually anticipated it being the other way around--Tony retiring and Steve dying--but I am glad they went with what they did. I was hoping for Bucky as the new Captain America, but Sam is good too. Just wish we got to see Bucky and Steve's goodbye.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.