Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

MCU Thor Respect Thread

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
    thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xzone: I hope we see him bullet time I doubt it but the only thing we need more of from Thor is speed

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: I think it’s likely we will be scaling him to Captain Marvel and she will probably have the speed feats. I also expect Thor to get the Odin Force

X

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By Alavanka

This is somewhat a meme, but someone on reddit recently pointed out to that Thor uses a mordhau here.

No Caption Provided

Which, for anyone that doesn't know, is striking with the hilt-end of the sword so that the cross-guard or pommel makes contact. This essentially turns the sword into a warhammer or mace, and is better for fighting armoured opponents than striking with the blade (because irl swords cannot cut plate or chain).

Loading Video...

Not entirely sure how to take this as a feat, but found it amusing enough to share. This is actually a high level technique that not many films have ever portrayed, though I'm a bit doubtful that this was done intentionally. Unless there was some guy in the choreography team that loves HEMA, this was most likely put just so Thor could do something cool with swords.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@thanos_thebadas: I think it’s likely we will be scaling him to Captain Marvel and she will probably have the speed feats. I also expect Thor to get the Odin Force

X

Why does he need the Odin force, when he already has the Zone force?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: That's a very interesting find. I'd never noticed it before.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Rustlingjimmy

Coolest pic of thor in the op.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I noticed that (Not the style of fighting). It’s a great piercing feat for Thor, cause he’s holding the blade of a sword bare handed

X

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By ourmanuel

@xzone: that’s more like it.

X

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Alavanka

More of Thor using head movement to slip punches, and then hooking the body.

No Caption Provided
    Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surviving MCU angriest Hulk's punches is a very good fear as a kick from hulk can do this to a super soldier(not like cap or Bucky)

https://youtu.be/MCPSjfie3Ow

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Amcu

Here's a old behind the scenes video from the first Thor film. This doesn't have any feats or anything but I thought it was cool with how they described Mjolnir and its power.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
    deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That why he is mightiest Avenger. I hope Carol Danvers won't surpass him

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I think adding some scaling to the Hulk and Hulkbuster's battle is a good idea. I recently realized that base Thor pretty much scales to the Hulk and Hulkbuster armor, certainly lightning amped Thor

No Caption Provided

Feats like this shouldn't be hard for Thor to replicate, as well as the combat speed and destruction shown in the battle

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sure, Thor used skill and speed against the Hulk, but you can clearly see that the Hulk is showing a similar amount of pain from Thor's attacks as the Hulkbuster's attacks

No Caption Provided

Lightning amped Thor should certainly scale to the Hulkbuster and Hulk, which after watching the fight again, is far more impressive than I thought

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: That's true. I try to avoid having too much scaling but I do think its appropriate in that case. I should be able to add it soon.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This proves Thor can react to superman and also scaling from black panther

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems pretty street level to me

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Something I realize recently. In age of Ultron, Thor was weakened by having his life forced drained to view his vision. Was interested to hear what you think of that and if it's worth mentioning for his feats in age of ultron

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@amcu: Something I realize recently. In age of Ultron, Thor was weakened by having his life forced drained to view his vision. Was interested to hear what you think of that and if it's worth mentioning for his feats in age of ultron

Was it implied that he had his life force drained?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
    @xzone said:

Was it implied that he had his life force drained?

Yes. In the extended version of the scene with the water of sight it goes in to more detail, but we can clearly see Thor is being hurt when seeing his vision while in the water of sight even in the normal version of the movie

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I can understand that he seemed to be in pain during the scene but I'm not sure of anything implying that it drained his life force or that he was hurt later on in the film.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@xzone: I can understand that he seemed to be in pain during the scene but I'm not sure of anything implying that it drained his life force

The life force part is in the extended scene, but it makes perfect sense. Thor mentions the "Water spirits" in the movie, and that's how the water spirits work. They feed off a persons life force exactly how the extended scene was done, but also how it looks in the movie

or that he was hurt later on in the film.

Perhaps his showing against Ultron, but I'm not sure. It simply makes his feats more impressive in my opinion

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I would like to see the extended version. The version I watched didn't mention his life force. Water spirits seems a bit too vague to me to use that as proof of Thor's life force being drained. If they mentioned his life force being drained specifically though, than I would really like to see that.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: The deleted scene mentions that Thor's life force will be drained, but I'm pretty sure the Norns in general (The water spirits) drain life force in Norse Mythology

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@amcu: The deleted scene mentions that Thor's life force will be drained, but I'm pretty sure the Norns in general (The water spirits) drain life force in Norse Mythology

This scene?

Loading Video...

I can't hear where it says that.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Not sure why they cut the scene that way, but Thor mentions it in the full deleted scene

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By Alavanka

@xzone: In terms of pure physicality, I don't think Thor during Ragnarok scales exactly to Hulk's level. I think Thor is maybe like 70-80% of Hulk in terms of physicals. During the gladiator match, there was a moment when Hulk got angry and caught Thor's hammer. Then Hulk managed to knock Thor to the ground and started pummeling Thor unanswered. If not for the lightning, I think Hulk would have won that fight.

Lightning changes the dynamic entirely though. With lightning, Thor can send Hulk flying with a jab from the bottom of mount. That's honestly ridiculous, considering how much of a positional advantage Hulk had. Then Thor knocked down Hulk again with another lightning punch, and the Grandmaster could see that Hulk was outclassed.

Thor during Infinity War might have actually surpassed Hulk in physicality. It's really hard to tell with Thor because his physical strength is a product of his god powers. When Odin took away his powers, Thor's physical strength was reduced to that of a regular human. To make it even more complicated, Thor's god powers is affected by his mindset. The Russo's have confirmed that Thor's drive to kill Thanos was pushing him beyond his limits, and was what allowed him to do what he did at Nidavellir.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin force does exist in the MCU:

https://www.marvel.com/characters/odin/on-screen

"The Odinforce allows Odin to manipulate magical energy, such as stripping Thor of his godlike powers, enchanting mythical artifacts like the hammer Mjolnir, reading minds across dimensions, and transporting individuals without the Bifrost."

Assuming Thor will eventually have the Odin force is a likely outcome, so this might be a feat for him.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By Joker567892

Also to help you guys some more, the output for the Mark 6 is 10 Gigajoules per second:

No Caption Provided

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By Joker567892

@amcu: You're welcome, I have more to post so here:

Destroyers Beams we're stated to be White-Hot:

No Caption Provided

It's kinda blurry here, but this is what it says:

"Face Emits blasts of White-Hot energy"

Thor can survive them so, it's a good feat of durabilty against Energy/Heat

Another feat against the elements:

No Caption Provided

Thor is capable of headbutting Frost Giants and punching them, yet he doesn't get Frostbite.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/thor-thor-odinson/on-screen

"Like all Asgardians, Thor possesses great strength, endurance, stamina, and long life, but it is his command over the stormy forces of nature that separate him from his brethren as a true son of Odin the Allfather. Thor can call down lightning and thunder at will and utilize them like a blacksmith uses his tools to work iron and steel—bending and shaping them into weapons. Once he believed it was his hammer Mjolnir that granted him these powers, but in truth the ability has rested within him the whole time."

His description from Marvel.com

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By Joker567892

Umm, this hasn't really been seen in the films, but apparently Mjolnir has Energy Projection:

No Caption Provided

From the Shield files, it also states he can cause tidal waves and even earthquakes.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thor's blades can shape shift, and are a blend of utility and tech.

His Helmet can be used as a weapon, and can be deadly if positioned properly for a headbutt.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490  Edited By Joker567892

Hmm, okay so I found this:

"One of the really fun things that’s going on in contemporary, real physics research is that there is very exotic phases of matter that can occur in the universe in extreme situations. One of the extreme situations is when you have a lot of gravity that allows you to compress that matter into a very, very compact, dense form. And a lot of gravity is available when you have, for example, the interior of a star. So, well-known, exotic place is the core of what’s called a neutron star. So much of the matter, imagine having as much matter as our sun, which is a huge object or even more, but compress that down to the size of let’s say, Manhattan, New York City. That is incredibly dense, the matter inside takes on a very, very different form. It takes on very, very different properties.

And one of the early conjectures from the Marvel Universe and you see a little bit of it in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well, is the idea that maybe material like that is where Thor’s hammer gets some of its incredible density. Now, we know that Thor’s hammer has gone away and it is replaced in Infinity War with a new weapon and so what you get is a little bit of a taste, a closer look at how such weapons are manufactured. And that is sort of a fun thing because you can then speculate about whether the properties of those instruments are just from the physics of those exotic materials that you find in the cores of stars or whether they are just holders, ‘channelers’ if you will like of Thor’s inherent ability. And I think we learn a little bit from “Thor: Ragnarok” that the power is really in him and the hammer is really more of a channel. And I think the skill then, that these dwarfs have, is how to build weapons that are the best possible channels for the inherent power that our hero has. And so, the new device, the new hammer, Stormbreaker is presumably even better design than Mjölnir had to channel Thor’s abilities."

Here's what the science adviser of Marvel said about The Star feat, which essientaly confirms, that yes it is a real neutron star.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By Joker567892
    No Caption Provided

Taking this into account, Thor was basically being blasted by White-Hot Odin-Force beams.

No Caption Provided

My guess is that Thor is also Powered by the Odin-Force, considering what it says here.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
    The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: Scaling off Thanos, I'd say Thor's gotten a better strength feat as of Endgame.

Thanos needed both hands to overpower Thor and make progress in pushing Stormbreaker into his chest, and near the end, Thor pushed Thanos down to his knees and was overpowering one arm of Thanos with both of his.

This puts Thor at 40-50% of Thanos's strength, which is a pretty big boost since Thanos is physically stronger than Hulk and likely the physically strongest character we've seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
    deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Do you have any conclusive thoughts on the Ring feat? I’m torn if it’s unquantifiable, outlier or merely high end max feat.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Do you have any conclusive thoughts on the Ring feat? I’m torn if it’s unquantifiable, outlier or merely high end max feat.

I don't think its an outlier. Thor doesn't have any contradicting feats and the MCU has finally seemed to start giving high tiers decent strength feats. I think it may seem more impressive than it is if you just go off the size of the ring but you have to remember that there's no friction in space. That lack of friction lessons the feat astronomically. In real life people can pull planes that are dozens of tons when friction is lessened. Overall Thor's feat is extremely impressive but I don't think it makes him a multi-million ton character or anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
    deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I can definitely get behind that interpretation. Thanks for the thoughts.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 cocacolaman  Moderator

@amcu I genuinely feel sorry for you, bro.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I appreciate it man. Hopefully they'll edit the site and bring the Spoiler blocks back.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#499  Edited By TheVivas

@amcu: If you go to edit your RT, all of the gifs and such will still be there and if you want you can just edit out the spoiler blocks. I would suggest making this a blog too, cause spoiler blocks still work there.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Yeah I just don't want to have a massive wall of gifs. I will try the blog thing though. Thanks for the info!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.