Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Comics vs the World is a terrible source. Literal fan calc and wank.

inb4 Mach 3000+ DCEU Superman with MOS feats only

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He's very very tough

xZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's one of the most durable live action characters as of now, i already believed he could survive a nuke after Sokovia, but after Infinity War he can tank even the Tsar Bomba without real damage. We'll have to see how much of that durability stays consistent.

And it's not just this video, Nerdist's Kyle already calculated something similar to this.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alavanka

It's a low-end compared to the calc done by "Because Science" who simply used the average luminosity of a neutron star instead of assuming from an arbitrary temperature, but I'll take it. Honestly, the nidavellir feat puts Thor way ahead of the other MCU heroes as far as durability goes and that's really all that matters.

Loading Video...

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor:

No sold a town sized explosion of destroyer.

Tanked bifrost explosion.

Avengers:

Tanked 475% Iron Man repulsors.

Tanked Hulk's punches.

Tanked fall from 20,000 feet.

Thor 2:

Tanked bullets in opening battle.

Withstood hits from kurse which sent him flying hundreds of feet, a huge boulder hitting him at massive speeds and a massive beat down from.kurse and wasn't even KO. Recovered completely in minutes.

Tanked aether hits from malekith. Tanked a "push" from malekith which sent him flying like 200 feet away, upwards.

Avengers 2:

Tanked Ultron's hits.

Was KOd by sokovia explosion but he was in epicenter.

Ragnarok:

Tanked punches from hulk, a lot of them.

Withstood being pressed against bifrost shards.

Electro mode healed from heavy injuries.

Avengers 3:

Withstood the infamous "pimp slap" of Thanos while injured.

Survived a huge explosion of the ship while heavily injured.

Withstood the force of a neutron star for 40+ seconds. Only in the end did he start getting KOd. Healed instantly with stormbreaker.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao.

OT: He didn't survive the full force of the star, otherwise there wouldn't be any "star" left subsequently. It's just unquantifiable beam shot out of a star, not a star-level beam. He can survive a nuke (say the one from BvS), sure. But he ain't tanking nor surviving the Tsar bomba, he'd gets instantly vaporized by that kinda shit as would any other MCU/DCEU so called high tiers. It's just pure wanking at this point.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's one of the most durable live action characters as of now, i already believed he could survive a nuke after Sokovia, but after Infinity War he can tank even the Tsar Bomba without real damage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea: @thebestofthebest: @toratorn: @kirkseven:

@ourmanuel said:
@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

He's one of the most durable live action characters as of now, i already believed he could survive a nuke after Sokovia, but after Infinity War he can tank even the Tsar Bomba without real damage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's fine that you don't accept calcs and just disregard the feat saying it wasn't a real star, it's an outlier, blah blah blah. I don't really care. I accept to beleive what was stated multiple times on-screen by MULTIPLE actual reliable characters, and actually shown, unlike in other superhero movie i know... This durability feat may or may not be contradicted by later feats or antifeats, but as of now, Thor is that durable, and has feats like the Sokovia explosion to back him up. But again, everyone on comicvine has their own opinion of literally every character's power level. Mine it's just another one of those opinions, as is yours. Not to be missinterpreted, i don't believe Thor is star level, but more around country level.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, and they call me a Thor wanker...

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Lol, who calls you a wanker? I've seen you critizing XZone for his opinion of Thor more than anyone on comicvine.

Like really, it's explicitly stated in the movie that he's taking on a literal star, do people think that's a wall level feat or what? just curious about how impressive people think the feat is.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime:

It's fine that you don't accept calcs and just disregard the feat saying it wasn't a real star, it's an outlier, blah blah blah.

I never said any of that, nor do I think it's an outlier (post #10). But to put Thor's durability around country level because of the feat in question, is just absurd on so many levels. Here is a post I made quite a while ago:

Tbh, I've already said this and I'll say it again. The beam shot out of a Star isn't the same as a Star-level beam, that's what people can't seem to fathom. The former is ridiculously much weaker and most of all unquantifiable given the fact that it barely even had any concussive force, Thor only suffered fatal burn injures from it meaning it was mostly composed of heat rather than kinetic energy/concussive force (literally, that tiny portion of the Sokovia explosion which Thor survived had more force than the supposed "star level" beam, Ironic isn't it?). Even if we ignore what I mentioned in regards to concussive force, you still can't really claim that it's more powerful than the most devastating nuke ever created, there isn't any evidence for it being that powerful nor weaker, ergo, the feat in question should be left out of topics like the one being discussed right now, by violation of inconclusive evidence.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime:

Lol, who calls you a wanker?

This nerd and his friends????@bestofthebest

I've seen you critizing XZone for his opinion of Thor more than anyone on comicvine.

That was a long time ago. I guess you can say @xzone opened my eyes to see what Thor really is capable of. Bestofthebest even called me xzone’s sidekick once lol.

Like really, it's explicitly stated in the movie that he's taking on a literal star, do people think that's a wall level feat or what? just curious about how impressive people think the feat is.

Its an impressive feat, but due to how unquantifiable it is, we simply can’t call that country level. It makes no sense.

Tbh, I've already said this and I'll say it again. The beam shot out of a Star isn't the same as a Star-level beam, that's what people can't seem to fathom. The former is ridiculously much weaker and most of all unquantifiable given the fact that it barely even had any concussive force, Thor only suffered fatal burn injures from it meaning it was mostly composed of heat rather than kinetic energy/concussive force (literally, that tiny portion of the Sokovia explosion which Thor survived had more force than the supposed "star level" beam, Ironic isn't it?). Even if we ignore what I mentioned in regards to concussive force, you still can't really claim that it's more powerful than the most devastating nuke ever created, there isn't any evidence for it being that powerful nor weaker, ergo, the feat in question should be left out of topics like the one being discussed right now, by violation of inconclusive evidence.

Basically this.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, I don't see what is wrong with it. Thor sorta tanked Sokovia in AOU after taking a beating from Ultron, he's gotten an amp since then, this was literally referred to as the full force of a star, it's used to melt Uru, and after all, it's not like Thor tanked it. He was practically dead, he literally called on the All fathers to give him strength and was in a state of extreme adrenaline.

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, a neutron star (if is like 1 kilometer) should destroy a Planet, but OBVIUSLY The one from IW was not that Big

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CocaColaMan

Tbh, I don't see what is wrong with it. Thor sorta tanked Sokovia in AOU after taking a beating from Ultron, he's gotten an amp since then, this was literally referred to as the full force of a star, it's used to melt Uru, and after all, it's not like Thor tanked it. He was practically dead, he literally called on the All fathers to give him strength and was in a state of extreme adrenaline.

Meibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was knocked out by a single headbutt from Thanos. Thor couldn't perform the snap while Thanos did it easily. Iron Man made Thanos bleed with a punch. Hulk punches did nothing to Thanos while he was killing Thor with them in Ragnarok.Spider-Man was hurting Thanos with his kicks and Thanos was also hurt by Drax, Cap or Starlord.

So if you say that Thor has... IDK... Mountain Level durability then Thanos has to be at least 1 level above, let's say Island level and then we could say that Iron Man punches are Island Level, Spider-Man kicks are like mountain level, and by scaling all the other characters should be around the same level.

OH, I forgot, Cap. Marvel has now country level durability(no sold a headbutt from Thanos and Thanos was hurt by her).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.