Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

MCU Dormammu Respect Thread

• 66 results
    Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darko1234: Sorry for being rude, I’m just so sick of this debate. The comic had a giant squad while the movie version had Dr. Manhattan’s power be used for an explosion. Two different universes. Theorefore, not canon.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By darko1234

@mister_surreal: Not really, its canon, watchmen is canon to dc rebirth, and dc rebirth is canon to watchmen that is point , at the end of whachman dr manhatan teleported into dc universe , but watchmen universe exists in dc multiverse, we have seen ozy traveling to dc main universe to ask jon for help, because his plan for world peace in his universe failed, so it is clear that everything that happened in whachman happend in dc rebirth , look it like this, in marvel you have many universes, not just one, for example mad jim jaspers form 238 universe is canon to 616 unvierse , they are in same multiverse. for example. fury from 238 uvnierse traveld to 616 universe after 238 universe was destroyed, so fury from 238 and from 616 are same fury, that fury from 238 is canon to marvel. Same is here. "The comic had a giant squad while the movie version had Dr. Manhattan’s power be used for an explosion. Two different universes. Theorefore, not canon." well there are some differences , but that does not mean its non canon, harry potter book and move are very different, but both are equally canon , same is here.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: No, I just gave you a reason why. Unless you can get a statement from the writers that state that it’s canon, I have more evidence than you.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By darko1234

@mister_surreal: I have read that writer sold rights, so his opinion now means nothing, just as opinion of george lucas about canonity of the last jedi means nothing.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234:

That’s not how it works. Yet you still have no evidence that the movie adaptation has the same feats as the comic book version. At this point you are really just reaching. The point is that the movie version in of itself doesn’t have any impressive feats which is why he is extremely overrated when put up against high tiers regardless of the “proof” that you show. Since your reasoning is identical to the Manhattan fanboys that a occasionally debunk I’m going to have to bid you a good day.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By darko1234

@mister_surreal: Like i said he sold rights, so yes it's canon. His opinion is irrelevant , it happened in dc multiverse , and people do not use move adaptation on beatles, they use move and comic watchmen version at the same time, they jsut post move picture , so that is why i said he is not overrated.I am not his fanboy, i do not think he is unbetable god, i just said that move is canon.Same is how in dragonball anime and manga are diffirent , but both are canon, and author never said any of them are canon .

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: I’m really not interested in this. And since you aren’t seeing my point and aren’t willing to let go of your beliefs I’m just ending it this here.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WastelandMan

@mister_surreal said:

DCEU Superman still wins purely based on actual feats. I haven’t seen anything on this thread that proves otherwise. Not that this wasn’t needed, just saying that he still needs more feats.

Dormammu was shown on screen planet-busting (which wasn't included in this respect thread for some reason):

One was a reenactment but the other actually happened in real-time. So unless you think Superman has planet+ durability, he has no chance. He can't even hurt Dormammu as the director and guidebooks confirmed he's a non-physical entity.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal said:

DCEU Superman still wins purely based on actual feats. I haven’t seen anything on this thread that proves otherwise. Not that this wasn’t needed, just saying that he still needs more feats.

Dormammu was shown on screen planet-busting (which wasn't included in this respect thread for some reason):

One was a reenactment but the other actually happened in real-time. So unless you think Superman has planet+ durability, he has no chance. He can't even hurt Dormammu as the director and guidebooks confirmed he's a non-physical entity.

We don't even know what happens there... it's not planet busting.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:
    @mister_surreal said:

We don't even know what happens there... it's not planet busting.

The first scan literally shows him absorbing a planet into his dimension. The second is Wong showing a representation, confirming that's what he does. This is obvious if you've seen the film.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is what the Visual Dictionary says about Dormammmu's Dark Dimension:

No Caption Provided

"Any light there is cold; it can be seen, yet it does not radiate energy."

No Caption Provided

"Formerly inhabited world."

"Sound waves transmitted into a tangible substance."

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: You clearly see dormammu taking over a planet when ancient one shows strange. Superman has no feats that put him at nigh planetary level

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberpunkcop: So he is practically infinite 3D. Definitely above full IG Thanos

GodOfEmotions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: No he doesn’t solo anything lol CW Mxy , Monitor and MCU IG can stop him. Even Malekith could have beaten hil

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
    OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Germandog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would respect him more and believe in his might if he had more feats. But Disney is going down hill reach CW shows lvl ptomoting lgbt and SJWs so i doubt Dr Strange will ever introduce more of dormammu.

Hamster555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

This guy can solo Anime

This bring Zamasu, Beerus, ultra instict smile to their faces including some Bleach characters

MCU

Time gem smiles. Even time gem was demolishing time-space structure creating dangerous paradoxes if strange would continue to do it. Or Dormammu is dumb virgin who could oneshot Strange but to brain damaged to think of it.

DCEU / CW

Mxy smiles with own reality warping power which considers Supergirl as literal tv show with seasons, Monitor slaps him easily with own cosmic haxes, just like Spectre, Novu, Mobius, Book of Destiny, Charlotte ( from Lucifer ) and Mister Nobody ( from Doom Patrol ).

And also character's with super haxes like Martian or Supergirl or Smallville Superman or Smallville John Stewart easily claps

and 616verse all at once imo.

if your level of omegaretarded wank reached that stupidity to even think he can compete with classic dr strange, oblivion, PR Beyonder and others i am gonna end forever

What this featless character has done on screen /! Because babbling he is that guy or that guy and proceeds to conquer all realities means 💩. Adolf Hitler tried to conquer a planet so must have been planetary ? That is your logic ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.