Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

MCU Dormammu Respect Thread

• 66 results
    CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CyberpunkCop

"Your world is now my world like all worlds"

Description

"He is the Cosmic Conqueror, the Destroyer of Worlds. A being of infinite power and endless hunger, on a quest to invade every universe and bring all worlds into his Dark Dimension. And he hungers for Earth most of all."

―Wong

Dormammu is a primordial, inter-dimensional entity who wields apocalyptic levels of supernatural power and is the ruler of the Dark Dimension. Dormammu convinced Kaecilius to use his power to destroy the Masters of the Mystic Arts and bring the Dark Dimension to Earth. Before Dormammu could complete his plans, he was confronted by Doctor Strange, who used the Eye of Agamotto to trap Dormammu in an endless time loop until he agreed to leave Earth and take Kaecilius with him.

Universal Power

No Caption Provided

"Also known as the destroyer of worlds, the malevolent Dormammu is constantly plotting to conquer all of the infinite realities and dimensions within the multiverse and absorb them into his home domain."

Dormammu has absorbed countless dimensions and realities within the infinite multiverse which makes him a universal by far the most powerful in the MCU

Appearance

No Caption Provided

"Dormammu appears as a massive floating head composed of space-time with eyes centered within vertical stripes of crackling rippling energy."

Dormammu can also manifest a body at will and warp reality around him while moving it

No Caption Provided

Dark Dimension

No Caption Provided

"Existing outside of time the Dark Dimension serves as a home for the dreaded Dormammu the dominion transcends humanity's understanding of physics and humans perceive it only in abstract phallic concepts free-floating shapes interacting with inexplicable planetoids colors energies from across all identified and likely even unidentified spectrums the realm itself is devoid of light all illumination within it is apparently from other dimensions that Dormammu has absorbed into it."

Zealots

No Caption Provided

"Dormammu completed the corruption of Kaecilius and the Zealots' bodies, transforming them into bestial mindless ones and pulling them into the dark dimension,"

Dormammu has the capability of transmuting living beings and turning them into mindless ones

Abilities

Shoots lasers can conjure spikes and tentacles and throw planetoids

Trivia

1. Dormammu is a powerful extradimensional being older than time itself
    2. Dormammu is unable to defend himself against time a concept that was foreign to him

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
    deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And some people were saying that DCEU Superman would blitz him. Nice work.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was needed. Nicely done

X

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made some improvements and added sources for power and the dark dimension

Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
    deactivated-5c522ab96172e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good work!

I still say that those MCU's artworks are literally the coolest and most awesome designs for the character, ever. They totally give a cosmic-vibe and make him look a like a godlike entity(Writers and pencilers, learn from that).

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Good work!

I still say that those MCU's artworks are literally the coolest and most awesome designs for the character, ever. They totally give a cosmic-vibe and make him look a like a godlike entity(Writers and pencilers, learn from that).

DO YOU THINK WHEN DORMAMMU WILL FINALLY HAVE A PROPER SHOWDOWN WITH HEROES THEY WILL CONSIDER HIM BIGGER THREAT THAN THANOS ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: To be frank, I kinda doubt Dormammu will ever face any of the other heroes in the MCU or at least those who aren't strictly connected to the mystical-side. What I do want though, is Dormammu going up against their version of Eternity just like happened in the comics(Which is actually a possibility since Derrickson's been alluding the abstract for the second movie in his Twitter account).

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job!

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Zetsu-San

@andromeda101 said:

Good work!

Eh? I thought he looked too much like an over-sized Groot. xD

I prefer him to be more light/fire based, makes him seem a lot more Lucifer-esque.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

Eh? I thought he looked too much like an over-sized Groot. xD

I prefer him to be more light/fire based, makes him seem a lot more Lucifer-esque.

Each with their own opinion, I guess.

Dormammu has always been as much as cosmic as is magical though. Only some writers that didn't get that concept and had him hanging around with groups like the Hell-Lords, for example.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zetsu-San

@andromeda101: That's not necessarily what I meant by Lucifer-esque (I was more focused on the whole "Light Bringer" concept than demons). Besides, I don't see why demons can't also be cosmic, and the whole fallen Faltine backstory is an obvious nod to Lucifer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: if you look closely, it's still possible to notice the flames. They've just received a more cosmic aspect.

Yeah, Dormammu's backstory was clearly an allusion to Lucifer's, but I meant cosmic in the same veins as beings like the Celestials and not like Mephisto, who's actually considered a sort of cosmic parasite instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
    deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And some people were saying that DCEU Superman would blitz him. Nice work.

Cavillforce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCU

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: if you look closely, it's still possible to notice the flames. They've just received a more cosmic aspect.

Yeah, Dormammu's backstory was clearly an allusion to Lucifer's, but I meant cosmic in the same veins as beings like the Celestials and not like Mephisto, who's actually considered a sort of cosmic parasite instead.

I generally wouldn't imagine Lucifer as being a demon in the same vein as Mephisto either tbh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

I generally wouldn't imagine Lucifer as being a demon in the same vein as Mephisto either tbh.

Marvel's Lucifer is though. They've even reconnected him to be the same character as Marduk Kurios too.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mister_Surreal

DCEU Superman still wins purely based on actual feats. I haven’t seen anything on this thread that proves otherwise. Not that this wasn’t needed, just saying that he still needs more feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
    deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aqualion0: ikr, give those DC fanboys some time, they'll say superman can blitz the one above all

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By karanrasquinha

@mister_surreal: Has superman ever thrown a planetoid? Does superman have control over a seperate dimension where he controls the laws of physics? Does superman have the power to do anything he wishes for in said dimension?

Is superman a cosmic conqueror older than time itself?

Does superman have the power to give others endless power drawn from his dimension?

Superman gets screwed many times over, like strange did

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still blitzes

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Watch the movie.

Wong and the ancient one clearly show the process by which dormammu destroys planets.

Superman ever thrown a planetoid?

No Caption Provided

Does superman have the power to grant others power from his dimension?

Show me feats that put superman on a planetary level. Then we talk

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@karanrasquinha: I saw that movie more than 5 times, I even have Dr. Strange as my avatar for goodness sake. That scene shows him throwing an object at Strange that isn’t even noon sized let alone planet sized lmao. Show me impressive, non-wanked feats and then we talk. Or better yet, just don’t tag me on these ignorant CBM threads.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @mister_surreal:Mate, Ive been trying my level best to tell you, THE DARK DIMENSION is an impressive non wanked feat ffs. The bugger controls everything there. Didn't you see all the sorcery going on, the different ways he kills strange?

God youre impossible

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Also, shortly after drawing power from the dark dimension, Kaecelius was warping matter. Can superman warp matter for his will?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@karanrasquinha:

And what feats do you have that say he is omnipotent in the dark dimension? If he could control everything then why didn’t he use more simple tactics like simply sinking Strange into the ground, BFRing him out of there or turn him into something else instead of just out right killing him a million times? Yes, he can manipulate the environment but his ablities aren’t all powerful like you suggest they are. Use your head. This scene actually proves otherwise. Logically, I don’t see Superman beating him, but I don’t see Dormammu killing him any time soon.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By karanrasquinha

@mister_surreal: He created the godamn dimension ffs. Strange had a time loop. BFRing him out of there wouldn't make a difference, he'd just come to bargain again and again. Also, he's a villain..

Lemme give you an example. The one above all created the multiverse. As a result, he knows everything that goes on in the dimension he created

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I don't care lol, I'm just bored. You must care a lot if you think superman can blitz dormammu

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@karanrasquinha: TOAA creating the multiverse means that any realm that some creates or owns is something that they can complet control over. I guess that means that Mephisto has omnipotent powers in Hell. I guess The Flash can compels control over he speed force I guess that means Batman has complete control over the batcave. See what I mean. Equating TOAA to all characters with their own land is a baseless statement. Use FACTS. Either way, my answer is in my prevous post. So there you go.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: Yeah, you don’t care. That’s why you keep replying to me and acting like this is the next electoral debate. And I never said that Superman could blitz...

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: TOAA is omnipotent. That’s why he has complete dominance in the multiverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
    deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @karanrasquinha:

Stautue hax force one shots ?

Just kidding. Only live action superhero characters/objects who can beat him ( or definitely beats him ) are:

MCU IG

MCU Entities by Taneleer statements

CW music meister or mxyz

CW Spear of Destiny

CW Book of Monitor

CW Staff of K'hollar

CW Speed Force ( embodiment itself )

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Thats where you're wrong. Creating something and ruling something is totally different. Mephisto didn't create hell. He just rules over it. Also chaos king killed him in his own realm. I don't think dormammu can be destroyed in the dark dimension.

Just look at a picture of the dark dimension ffs. Its kinda clear that physics isn't the same here like on earth. Superman already is at a disadvantages. Dormammu was conjuring tentacles and mystical shards and all that. Superman also has his weakness to magic..

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: I’ll just say this: his “weakness” to magic just means that he can be affected by magic. And Dormammu never created the dark dimension in the comics by the way. Since your arguement is mostly based on unprovable assumptions, I’m just going to end things here and repeat myself.

Superman wins by FEATS. Dormammu wins by LOGIC.

Have a nice day.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Hmm I have something for you. Dormammu doesn't have a physical form. He's composed of mystical energy. So I don't see superman touching him, do you? Imo either draw or dormammu wins. Superman can't hit something that isn't physical

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
    deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This guy can solo Anime / MCU / DCEU / CW and 616verse all at once imo.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@karanrasquinha: Dormammu doesn’t have a physical form, what a baseless statement. The fact that you have shown zero amounts of evidence for those claims says a lot. Prove your claims or don’t make them. Don’t use comparisons or assumptions, use actual feats. Otherwise, the whole meaning of a debate is lost. But you can’t do that because Dormammu has no impressive feats. He is the Dr. Manhattan of the MCU. It doesn’t matter, this debate is quiet boring. So let’s move on shall we?

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
    chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure “space time” means none physical. But hey I’m losing the debate so let’s move on

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

??

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: nope. It was just a joke because many fanboys say he can beat surtur because of speed.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darko1234

@mister_surreal: "He is the Dr. Manhattan of the MCU." Are you saying that guy who stomped entire justice league with gesture, while he was toying with them and not even trying to fight them have no impressive feats. That guy that can regenerate himself in seconds after being destroyed on sub atomic level have no impresive feats, that guy that even mr mxy is afriad and that admits that he is much more powerfu than him have no impresive feats, please. Please, Dr Manhatan have very impresive feats.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@darko1234: I’m talking about the featless movie version genius.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darko1234

@mister_surreal: First there is no need to be rude Second he is same, Watchmen is canon to dc rebirth , and dc rebirth is canon to Watchmen , this is same dr manhattan, he had no amps, sure he displayed much more and much better feats , but that does not mean that he got any amp, for example mcu captain america mpw have much more and much better feats than in his first move, but that does not mean that he got any amp, meaning even in first move was capable of things he does now, just he did not use them.Also for Dormannu he would stomp dceu sueprman, sure by feats wolverien can beat TOAA but that does not mean that he woud beat him, feats are not evrything, like i said using feats logan beats toaa. But using logic toaa stomps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.