Marvel Studios plans to reveal one of its characters is gay

• 57 results
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#51 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: You’re right and that’s why it’s become a bad joke. It’s not real diversity it’s pandering tokenism. Like Rose in Star Wars.

dumbest shit I've heard.

#52 Posted by joshua755 (4418 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by joshua755 (4418 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for unusual_suspect
#54 Posted by Unusual_Suspect (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Under the general trope of "Bury your gays" and the economic demands of appealing to mass audiences and outside markets (hi, China!), I'm guessing we'll learn that Black Widow liked to run with scissors on occasion.

This won't be announced officially, of course, until the Black Widow solo movie is done and the box office is secured.

Then they'll pull a Rowling.

#55 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36981 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Mrnoital (8360 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: It is not Disney but previous Marvel CEO who was not really in on diversity. Kevin Feige only got complete control in 2016

So Disney took over marvel in 2009, then left someone that doesn't like diversity in charge for 7 years, sounds like it was Disney to me

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#58 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Grandmaster seemed pretty gay to me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.