Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

LilBroomstick's MCU Tier list

• 59 results
    Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Lilbroomstick
    Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is Destroyer really that high?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy is made of uru and shrugged off phase 1 Thor's hits. Destroyer is strong but it's a one trick pony that's easy to work around with the proper tools/abilities.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn said:

The guy is made of uru and shrugged off phase 1 Thor's hits. Destroyer is strong but it's a one trick pony that's easy to work around with the proper tools/abilities.

I see..

I would like to see a power stone powered Destroyer.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ganon15

I agree, though Worthy Cap > Endgame Thor

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao the ancient one looks like saitama 😂😭

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao the ancient one looks like saitama 😂😭

They might be relatives

No Caption Provided

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lilbroomstick
    @ganon15 said:

I agree, though Worthy Cap > Endgame Thor

How so? He has potential to surpass Thor but so far Thor is still more powerful. Cap had the element of the surprise and his striking was clearly more powerful than Thor's with Mjolnir, but Stormbreaker still was able to go through an IG blast and slice Thanos. If Thor had caught Thanos off guard like Cap did it would've been lethal.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@namebk said:

@lilbroomstick: Where did they say Destroyer is made of Uru?

I don't think it was ever stated. That's just what I think based off how it looks, supposedly no normal human weapon is strong enough to harm it, it tanked a Mjolnir hit like it was almost nothing, and it if it's comic accurate the Destroyer should actually be stronger than Uru. Whatever it is, I don't see many people in the MCU breaking it with no tactics.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I do remember them saying the energy projection was powered by Gungnir though. I was just thinking the Destroyer itself was just Asgardian steel.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@lilbroomstick: I do remember them saying the energy projection was powered by Gungnir though. I was just thinking the Destroyer itself was just Asgardian steel.

I think it was stronger than Thor's clothes though. Thor never really overpowered it. He used Destroyer's own power against it and had to strain his storm powers just to lift Destroyer.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: Definitely a possibility that it is Uru though since it is controlled by Gungnir. What is the origins of the Destroyer in the comics?

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@lilbroomstick: Definitely a possibility that it is Uru though since it is controlled by Gungnir. What is the origins of the Destroyer in the comics?

It was created by Odin and some other skyfathers to be their weapon against the celestials. It's pretty indestructible and it took Odinforce Thor to actually damage it. Normally it can do stuff like completely no-sell Iron Man's hits and only get slightly staggered by something like Mjolnir.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty solid tiering I'd say. Nothing I disagree with.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@avatarofdeath: Most people would probably put Cull/Iron Man lower and the likes of Kurse, Abomination, and Hulk higher but I personally don't see it. Especially not with Abomination.

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu is in a tier of his own.

Ezra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can agree with that list tbh.

theGreySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these guys like Dormamu and Surtur should be in a tier of their own. Also why are the U Foes in here? Seems kinda random you included them since there the only video game characters here.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off of speculation, off of feats he's the strongest but doesn't entirely outclass everyone.

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@championjoe said:

Based off of speculation, off of feats he's the strongest but doesn't entirely outclass everyone.

Wdym. He is able to absorb infinite realities, dimensions and worlds from the Multiverse into his Dark Dimension. And he was going to going to merge Earth's dimension/reality with his own Dark Dimension. He predates time and no time exists in his realm and has been stated to have infinite power.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreysoldier:

Some of these guys like Dormamu and Surtur should be in a tier of their own.

Maybe, Dormmamu has proven that he can be dealt with one way or another. Surtur arguable could lose to someone like Scarlet Witch and Thanos with the stones. I think every tier has a sub-category which is why the power of characters vary so much. For example Vision is a high-end mid-tier while Spider-Man is just a decent normal mid-tier.

Also why are the U Foes in here? Seems kinda random you included them since there the only video game characters here.

I came across them when looking for Abomination. They're technically apart of the MCU. Besides I don't know any guys from the games as memorable as them.

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick said:
    @championjoe said:

Wdym. He is able to absorb infinite realities, dimensions and worlds from the Multiverse into his Dark Dimension. And he was going to going to merge Earth's dimension/reality with his own Dark Dimension. He predates time and no time exists in his realm and has been stated to have infinite power.

That alone makes him Universal-Low Multiversal. No-one comes close to that. The only impressive feat in the MCU apart from that is Thanos dropping Titan's moon and Ego who has full control over his moon and can create landmasses, earthquakes and storms. And maybe Surtur destroying Asgard.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_ said:

I can agree with that list tbh.

Nice. Tbh it's weird how people act like Cull is weak and would get oneshotted by phase 1 Thor when he's done stuff like tanking a hit from Worthy Cap.

Ezra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: Oh?

I didn't remember him fighting Endgame Cap tbh there was so much going on in the background for me to keep track of.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice list though personally I'd change many placements on it.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lilbroomstick
    Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

Nice list though personally I'd change many placements on it.

Thanks, who would you change?

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

Adult Groot should be mid tier

Vulture and Ghost should be below mid

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@squaddoubleyou said:

Adult Groot should be mid tier

Vulture and Ghost should be below mid

I didn't see anything particularly impressive from Groot. Vulture was a threat to Spider-Man and Ghost has some decent powers so I wouldn't put them with the people under them. Respect your opinion though

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: Dormmammu is basically stronger than everyone else combined so he should be in separate tier IMO. Ego as well but lower. Also Surtur is considerably more powerful than rest of high-high tiers.

Ancient One should be in same tier as Strange (as I don't think we have reasons to be sure Strange is already better than her, and certainly not to assume he's whole tier above).

All Asgardians should be mid-tiers, not sure why e.g. Valkyrie is whole tier above even though there's no evidence she's better than e.g. Warriors Three in physicals. I'd put Star-Lord as mid-tier with his tech (electric device that can restrain Thanos' arm and make Iron Man struggle).

Wong & Mordo - high-tiers, they can easily hurt other high-tiers like Cull with portals (arguably everyone below Thanos' level), plus sorcerers' shields can block Sanctuary's blasts.

Abomination should be a high-tier as well though only if we scale him from Hulk's later feats.

That's probably it, other than that I agree with your placings.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

Dormmammu is basically stronger than everyone else combined so he should be in separate tier IMO. Ego as well but lower. Also Surtur is considerably more powerful than rest of high-high tiers.

Fair enough

Ancient One should be in same tier as Strange (as I don't think we have reasons to be sure Strange is already better than her, and certainly not to assume he's whole tier above).

Fair, I put Strange above her since he did have an impressive display against Thanos with the stones so I had to give him props for that. It's not like someone a tier under can't give them trouble like Ant-Man for example could kill Scarlet Witch if given the chance.

All Asgardians should be mid-tiers, not sure why e.g. Valkyrie is whole tier above even though there's no evidence she's better than e.g. Warriors Three in physicals. I'd put Star-Lord as mid-tier with his tech (electric device that can restrain Thanos' arm and make Iron Man struggle).

Fair although I wanted to rank them by their feats too(kind of why didn't use Odin lol). I don't think Valkyrie has better physicals but her sword cut the Destoyer armor. They don't all neccesarily have the same physicals since I'd say Volstagg is probably the strongest while Fandral may be the fastest. I can't see them giving Cap so much trouble 1v1 like Loki was doing, even if they are superhumans. Starlord has good gear but I decided to put him as a high-end street tier(sort of how in the comics Spider-Man is still street level even though he should be leagues above someone like Cap).

Wong & Mordo - high-tiers, they can easily hurt other high-tiers like Cull with portals (arguably everyone below Thanos' level), plus sorcerers' shields can block Sanctuary's blasts

Maybe but they haven't had enough feats yet for me to say they're proficient wizards close to Strange. They caught Cull while he was distracted. I'm not sure if they would've did well while he was actually focused on them(dude tagged both Spider-Man and Iron Man, and ran across multiple city-blocks in seconds mind you so he isn't slow). I wasn't actually sure of where to place them though so I did bit of lurking on their CV battles and it seemed like most agreed with my view. They have potential to be high up though.

Abomination should be a high-tier as well though only if we scale him from Hulk's later feats.

I never really felt like he should scale to later Hulk. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so I checked Norton Hulk's feats and compared them to later feats several times. He just didn't feel as impressive. I kind of have a hard time seeing Abomination outclassing phase 1 Thor let alone nanotech Iron Man. The most I'd be willing to scale him to is Avengers 1 Hulk. That's just me personally though.

Sweatlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like durability is being understated here: someone like Drax has a level of durability that's leagues above Hawkeye or Nat. On the other hand, Scarlet Witch is obviously very dangerous, but she appears to have pretty normal (for MCU) human durability. Maybe something like:

Multiversal: Dormammu

God: IG Thanos

god: Surtur, Hela, Odin, Ego

Big Bois: SB Thor, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange

Top Dawgs: Iron man, Hulk, Scarlett Witch (durability issues), Ultron (maybe), Mjolnir Cap

Then:

Black Order, Vision, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, maybe daddy Groot

Guardians, Black Panther, Most Asgardians, Most Sorcerers, Bucky, Regular Cap

Luke Cage, JJ,

Daredevil, Hawkeye, BW, SHIELD

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like durability is being understated here: someone like Drax has a level of durability that's leagues above Hawkeye or Nat. On the other hand, Scarlet Witch is obviously very dangerous, but she appears to have pretty normal (for MCU) human durability. Maybe something like:

Multiversal: Dormammu

God: IG Thanos

god: Surtur, Hela, Odin, Ego

Big Bois: SB Thor, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange

Top Dawgs: Iron man, Hulk, Scarlett Witch (durability issues), Ultron (maybe), Mjolnir Cap

Then:

Black Order, Vision, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, maybe daddy Groot

Guardians, Black Panther, Most Asgardians, Most Sorcerers, Bucky, Regular Cap

Luke Cage, JJ,

Daredevil, Hawkeye, BW, SHIELD

Nice

Hawkeye is potentially more useful than Drax with his abilities though. People that could possibly stomp each other can still be in the same tier if it fits.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I fell like Groot, Pepper, and the Destroyer should be in mid-tier.

Sweatlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: fair, but how would hawkeye stomp Drax?

He's taken a lot of hits, and has been downed, but unless I'm mistaken we havent seen him take any serious damage

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: fair, but how would hawkeye stomp Drax?

He's taken a lot of hits, and has been downed, but unless I'm mistaken we havent seen him take any serious damage

I never said he could stomp Drax.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I fell like Groot, Pepper, and the Destroyer should be in mid-tier.

IDK about Groot. I didn't see anything that impressive from him. I was originally planning to put him as mid-tier though. Destroyer couldn't be hurt by Thor to be fair and was only destroyed via his own power. I could only see certain people beating it.

Pepper can scale to Iron Man and Iron Man is actually helped by scaling off of some of her feats as well.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Do you need a Twitter account to go on this site? I've tried to make lists and it won't let me sign up without adding them on Twitter or something.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@cocacolaman said:

Do you need a Twitter account to go on this site? I've tried to make lists and it won't let me sign up without adding them on Twitter or something.

You do need a Twitter account to login

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alphamon

@lilbroomstick: You forgot god Pete also how is thor on the same tier as Wanda and marvel?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon:

You forgot god Pete

Do you mean Star-lord?

also how is thor on the same tier as Wanda and marvel?

Stormbreaker

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: yes

what did Stormbreaker do to put Thor on the same lvl as Wanda and marvel?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: It overpowered all of the Infinity stones and sliced through Thanos on top of that.

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty solid list. Everything looks about right to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.