Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Is MCU Hulk a jobber now?

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MCU Hulk has lost fights in three of his movie showings straight now. He got beat by Tony in Avengers 2, Beat By Thor in Ragnarok and Humiliated by Thanos in IW.

Has MCU Hulk been made a jobber?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
    deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nice to see Banner confirm that Hulkbuster smacked the crap out of him, people actually tried to deny that before. Anyway, I'm sure he'll get his time to shine in Avengers 4.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: maybe all these losses will add up and make him so angry that he becomes WWH ?

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he just didn't get any significant upgrades like Thor and Iron Man (the Hulkbuster beating him was mainly due to context though). Let's face it, Hulk losing (although he officially won due to cheating) to Thor isn't jobbing. Also Thanos is supposed to be able to beat the Hulk easily.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

Yes.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedailybagel  Moderator

The Hulkbuster beat him because he calmed down and sucker punched, Thor didn’t actually have him ‘beat’ either (although he was definitely on the losing end).

It’s mainly the Thanos thing that has got people riled up about him being weaker. I mean it’s not like Hulk was smacking Thor sideways back in Avengers, not like he beat Thor pretty handily before his ‘god mode’ amp and not like he tanked a skyscraper falling on him or oneshotted a space whale, nor did he make Ultron look like a punk twice...

People look at Hulk getting stomped as if it puts him below people like Iron Man now. Thor lost as well and Hulks own loss was used to make Thanos look like a beast - this is ignoring the fact that NO ONE took the beating that Hulk did. Everyone jumped around and evaded him, NO ONE just got straight up hammered by Thanos using his physicals and skill to the fullest OTHER than hulk.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: banner himself admitted the Hulkbuster heat the crap out of him

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
    RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicVine logic never ceases to amaze me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@blitzsikes: How would he know? Only thing he'd remember is changing and being back to normal. Someone would just say "You fought Tony in the Hulk buster" and he'd know he lost.

He didn't even know he had been Hulk for TWO YEAR'S!!

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: so you would know more than a character in the movie specifically saying he got his butt kicked? Are you really denying the writing of the movie with the directors and writer's own intenetion? Wtf

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
    deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thedailybagel: I thought Hulk is supposed to be Thor like powerhouse like he is in the comics but in MCU its not even funny anymore they are not doing justice to Hulk at all making him loose to Thor without Mjolnir, then not doing anything worth in IW and Thor gets all the light. Unlike the comics MCU Hulk vs Thor is pretty one sided.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: I always wondered why Hulk hasn't even got his own movie since the first iron man. Maybe his lack of popularity with the general public makes him and easy target for jobbing

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Black_Arrow

Truly the face of a calm man:

No Caption Provided

Hulk was about to fight the military before Iron Man punched him, so he was angry and ready to fight. It also makes a lot of sense that the Hulk was angry since the military hunted him for years before he became an Avenger. A better excuse would be that Iron man cheap shotted him but what's on screen doesn't back up that Hulk was calm (He was calm when he saw the civilians but that only lasted a moment).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: Its BS they can make a good movie out of Black Panther and GOTG but Not with Hulk. Hulk is more popular, you know MCU movies work and they get good ratings regardless of how good they actually are, its just seems to work. So why no make a Hulk movie now? I do not know really. I am waiting for Hulk movies I want one now but it does seem in the prospects.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@blitzsikes: It has nothing to do with the lack of populatity since he is definitely one of Marvel's most popular character barring Spider-man or the X-men. Its mostly a rights issue. Marvel studios is sharing them with Universal and word has it that they arent too pleased about it. Hence his treatment.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: marvel's most popular yes but could it be that he's not popular with casual fans? Has that ever been said?

I know he has vast popularity in comics but maybe it doesn't transfer to popularity outside?

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was used to show how badass Thanos is and it was awesome. I don't mind Hulk not being as the ridiculous powerhouse he is in the comics. Thor got some awesome time to shine and that was awesome too. Not everyone can be the main man every time but Hulk is definitely nerfed more than most from the comics.... and there's nothing really wrong with that, it lets other characters shine more as a result.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Avatar image for tanakaclinkenbeard
    TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Hulk getting beaten like a red hair stepchild by Thanos in IW doesn't mean he jobber. Thanos has ALWAYS been stronger then the Hulk. Shit the same thing with Thor. Thor is stronger than Hulk in the comics. MCU has them as equal. Well... they were until Thor got Stormbreaker.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: Everyone else is. The Directors said Thanos is stronger than Hulk, people take issue. (I don't )

Eiteri told Thor he'd take the full blast of a star. People debunk it.

Im just saying Hulk was ripping that thing apart and was giving as good as he got

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
    deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn’t take it as Bruce admitting to losing to the suit. We all saw that fight. It was more like a “ha I have this suit and it is pretty bad ass” statement. Just like when Thor arrived. For all intents and purposes Hulk is 2-0 on screen against Thor, but Bruce talked him up “oh you’re in trouble now”!

I absolutely loved Bruce Banner in this movie. Wish we got to see more of Hulk but Mark did a fantastic job.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
    deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: In the comic Hulk is base Thor Powerhouse.

But with Odin force or another amplifier is Thor >>>>> Hulk.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn’t take it as Bruce admitting to losing to the suit. We all saw that fight. It was more like a “ha I have this suit and it is pretty bad ass” statement. Just like when Thor arrived. For all intents and purposes Hulk is 2-0 on screen against Thor, but Bruce talked him up “oh you’re in trouble now”!

I absolutely loved Bruce Banner in this movie. Wish we got to see more of Hulk but Mark did a fantastic job.

Dude nearly ever fight Hulk and Thor had ended in a tie. It's not 2-0.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: You must not read the comics, because if you did you'd know that Thor is not stronger than Hulk, not even close nowadays actually since Hulk overpowered both Hercules and Thor at the same time.

In the comics it's the reverse of the movies ironically. In the comics Hulk is an absolute beast while Thor sucks for the most part, while in the movies Thor is awesome while Hulk sucks and has been nerfed ever since Avengers 1.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: marvel's most popular yes but could it be that he's not popular with casual fans? Has that ever been said?

I know he has vast popularity in comics but maybe it doesn't transfer to popularity outside?

Hulk is actually more popular outside the comics than among comic book readers.

Outside the comics he has been the most google searched Avenger, his merchandise is sold more than Thors, IronMans and Captain Americas combined.

He is by far the more popular and recognized character out of any Avenger, the closest in popularity to him is IronMan and that all has to do with how RDJ made him popular.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: I’m not sure if you read my post correctly. In the MCU, Hulk has essentially beaten Thor twice. In Avengers 1 and in Ragnarok (Grandmaster’s intervention).

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has never beaten Thor xD

And no, hulk is not jobbing, just way weaker than a lot of the people he's facing

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: You must not read the comics, because if you did you'd know that Thor is not stronger than Hulk, not even close nowadays actually since Hulk overpowered both Hercules and Thor at the same time.

In the comics it's the reverse of the movies ironically. In the comics Hulk is an absolute beast while Thor sucks for the most part, while in the movies Thor is awesome while Hulk sucks and has been nerfed ever since Avengers 1.

You must not have read the comics, because in the Comic Thor is clearly stronger than hulk. Immortal hulk is not the base Hulk. If you bring up Immortal hulk, I'll bring up Rune knight Thor and He's still stronger then any hulk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare: this.

The Hulk is literally a household name. He’s one of Marvel’s top guys. Only people like Spider-Man are more popular.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: I’m not sure if you read my post correctly. In the MCU, Hulk has essentially beaten Thor twice. In Avengers 1 and in Ragnarok (Grandmaster’s intervention).

Pretty sure Avenger 1 was a tie.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Hulk is not suppose to be way weaker to the people he is facing outside of Thanos.

In the comics Hulk has never lost to a Hulkbuster, in fact nowadays he 1-shots those things, when it comes to Thor he has beaten Thor more times than not and when Thor fought him without mljonir it was clearly shown Hulk to be superior(although a similar thing happened in Ragnarok and Hulk was about to knock out Thor until he used god mode).

Hulk is absolutely jobbing, he had great moments in Avengers 1, tell me 1 great moment he has had since that film?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: In the comic Hulk is base Thor Powerhouse.

But with Odin force or another amplifier is Thor >>>>> Hulk.

why are we talking about OF Thor I was not talking about it. Also Thor is below WBH.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare said:

You must not have read the comics, because in the Comic Thor is clearly stronger than hulk. Immortal hulk is not the base Hulk. If you bring up Immortal hulk, I'll bring up Rune knight Thor and He's still stronger then any hulk.

LOL. Really then why does Thor have more loses to Hulk than the other way around? Immortal Hulk is normal Hulk where do you get the idea that he isn't? There is no such thing as base Hulk. Rune King Thor is a massively powered up Thor, powered up by outside forces, bringing him up is as irreverent as me bringing up Hulk who had the Infinity Gauntlet at one point and he craps all over Rune King Thor.

You need to read up some comics my dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
    deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Amcu

I do want to see him beat someone up but I still don't think Hulkbuster beat him without outside circumstances.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare: BS. Hulk doesn't have more wins because most of the time they are interrupted before the fight is done. Combine with the Fact that Thor has feats that put him above the Hulk makes it clear he is stronger. I think you need to read up on Thor.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: Pretty sure you're wrong. Hulk was beating thor black and blue before that jet saved his ass...

I don't remember that. I haven't watched the first movie in a long time and after IW I'm not rewatching any of the MCU movies for a while. IW was not bad by the way, it was great. Just... that ending. It left me drained.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: Hulk has 4 wins over Thor in comics, Thor has 2, so tell me how he doesn't have more wins, do you want me to educate you on which wins those are as well? Thor doesn't have feats that put him above Hulk, in fact Thor has failed in direct comparisons between him and Hulk, also what non-amped version of Thor is above World Breaker Hulk?

Avatar image for supermanforever
    Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think they kinda wanted to show that Thanos was powerfull as hell, but they lowballed hulk terribly in the movie. Was disspointed as hell on how they threated hulk. They should learn from cartoon AA and EMH

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: Hulk has 4 wins over Thor in comics, Thor has 2, so tell me how he doesn't have more wins, do you want me to educate you on which wins those are as well? Thor doesn't have feats that put him above Hulk, in fact Thor has failed in direct comparisons between him and Hulk, also what non-amped version of Thor is above World Breaker Hulk?

Maybe you should educate yourself. Any case of Hulk beating Thor is pis because Base Thor is stronger than WWH. Example are when he destroyed a planet. Or when he hit a celestial armor so hard that not only did the armor break but the Shockwaves destroy not only mountains but cities as well,Or when he turn a coutryside to lava. Or when he pulls the midway snake off Earth. What's that you want scan? Well, here you go.

Wrestles the Midgard Serpent off Earth

Can smash planets like pebbles

Shockwaves destroy mountains and cities, while the blows break the armor of a celestial, as well as rocking the planet under them

Hits Beta Ray Bill so hard the planets under him shatters, for reference, The planet

His blows turn the countryside to lava

Do I need to post more? Or is that enough for you?

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DevilmayDare

@tanakaclinkenbeard said:
    @devilmaydare said:

Maybe you should educate yourself. Any case of Hulk beating Thor is pis because Base Thor is stronger than WWH. Example are when he destroyed a planet. Or when he hit a celestial armor so hard that not only did the armor break but the Shockwaves destroy not only mountains but cities as well,Or when he turn a coutryside to lava. Or when he pulls the midway snake off Earth. What's that you want scan? Well, here you go.

Wrestles the Midgard Serpent off Earth

Can smash planets like pebbles

Shockwaves destroy mountains and cities, while the blows break the armor of a celestial, as well as rocking the planet under them

Hits Beta Ray Bill so hard the planets under him shatters, for reference, The planet

His blows turn the countryside to lava

Do I need to post more? Or is that enough for you?

Hahahahahahahahhaahaha. Thor is not stronger than Hulk, let alone WWH. Thor never destroyed a planet. This was already confirmed with Hulk being Earths strongest hero

No Caption Provided

The shockwaves destroying mountains was done with him when he had the belt of strength on so he didn't do it with his own strength alone, the midgard serpent has been debunked.

Midgard serpent feat has been debunked as the space Thor wrestled the Midgard serpent warped the size of Midgard serpent and made it only as big as the building.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner-721916/?page=8

Hulk held the weight of a star on his back

No Caption Provided

Those are statements not feats, Thor has never smashed any planet and by statements Hulk can easily topple planets

No Caption Provided

Had the belt of strength as i explained above, also Hulk has a way more impressive feat than that in his clash with Ironclad he caused untold destruction across infinite amount of worlds

No Caption Provided

That's not a planet, that's a planetoid you can see how small it is, it's only the size of a mountain lol.

Turns a countryside to lava so? Hulks blows have shaken the entire planet and caused earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, sink holes, chasms, to appear, ice bergs to collapse, etc...

Now let me give you a few direct comparissons between the 2

Hulk beats Onslaughts physical form when Thor and the rest of the Earths heroes failed to even scratch him

No Caption Provided

Hulk one-shots his way through a bunker that Thor couldn't even get through

and now Hulk

Thor gets floored by a blast from an Elder of the Universe while Hulk is able to tank it

Hulk breaks a barrier from Umar with his thunderclap that Thor couldnt

There are many more examples if you wish me to go on? I mean i will gladly slap you around some more and btw this is what a planet bust looks like

No Caption Provided

not that small planetoid nonsense you have with Thor and BRB.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong medium guys

?

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare: he wasn't scared of fenris or surtur, that's pretty good. He also wasn't scared of fighting thanos at first

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24: In an interview Ruffalo gave after the IW movie, he still said the only thing Hulk is scared of is Banner and Banner hates the Hulk so it's gonna result in a clash between them in the next movie

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/26/avengers-infinity-war-mark-ruffalo-hulk-banner-showdown/

"Let me just say this to you; the only person or thing in the universe that Hulk is afraid of is Banner. And the only one who Banner probably dislikes more than anything else is Hulk. And they're headed for a showdown."

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare: arrange this list in terms of power for me please.

Blue marvel

Silver surfer

Hyperion

Sentry

Gladiator

Hulk

Thor

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmaydare: so could you not deduce that hulk thought he was the strongest and when he got wrecked by thanos, that loss shattered his ego??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.