Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Do think that mcu is going sjw route ?

• 135 results
    anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 anthp2000  Moderator

2.5 out of 22 MCU films are not been led by straight white males and everyone's losing their minds.

With Shang Chi and Black Widow it'll be 4.5 out of 24. WHAT A SJW MADNESS.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I understood 2 but what is 0.5?

O.T: Define "SJW route". If we mean replacing OG characters with gay, lesbian, Asian, black, and female characters just for the sake of "representation" and shoving it down our throats then yeah, it is. Marvel has no balls to create its own "diversity/representation" character with the mindset that no one is going to buy it unless they have the heroic identity of some A-list superhero. Just take a look at the wicked + the divine it's doing the same thing that Marvel wants but unlike Marvel it's a very successful series because it has its own universe and characters that aren't ruining the legacy of other characters.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 anthp2000  Moderator
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
    deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelbn: ,.... Eh Marvel & DC are filled with diverse characters that have fallen into obscurity because no one bought into them... So, I can't really blame them for tying characters to another's mantle. The characters who feel hollow in Marvel's representation quest(comic wise) are Jane-Thor(from the little I've read),Miss America Chavez(Always liked this character,but her Solo was awful) & Riri. Oh and Carol...they just can't get her right. Shame because she's actually a cool character. She needs better writers. Sam,Laura & Kamala are fine.

Also...nothing is being shoved down your throat.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 anthp2000  Moderator

I'm still curious as to what line or part in CM promoted women as being better than men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
    deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Introducing females or other diverse heroes isn't a problem. It's great.

What would be a problem is if they downplay and degrade current male heroes to do it, which is what a lot of feminist-agenda movies tend to do.

We shall see. (Looking at you, Thor 4)

AndrewGarfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even care about them put these characters in its just that its always at a detriment to the story and promotes toxic politics like Captain Marvel, if your going to put these characters in at least make them good stories and not pandering garbage.

I am sorry! When was Captain Marvel promoting toxic politics. I think you have confused it with Captain America movies which was political

AndrewGarfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AndrewGarfield

@notcensored said:
    @anthp2000 said:

I'm still curious as to what line or part in CM promoted women as being better than men.

The entire movies underlying theme "your perfect Carol as long as the patriarchy isn't pushing you down"

I thought it was believing in one self instead of always trying to earn respect from others. Also how is Kree Patriarchy

DC1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still curious as to what line or part of CM promoted women as being better than men.

The whole movie itself

AndrewGarfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AndrewGarfield

@notcensored said:
    @andrewgarfield said:

I thought it was believing in one self instead of always trying to earn respect from others.

She never had any confidence issues why would she need to believe in herself when she already does? She's a strong independent wamen after all she don't need no ones approval.

In the movie she does from the krees who she respects except Minerva. In the movie she is seeking approval Yon Ragg and Supreme Intelligence who both doubts her ability

Also how is Kree Patriarchy

They were constantly trying to push her down and control her I.E. what second wave feminists say the "patriarchy" does to them it's a common theme with these movies and its not well hidden at all.

So what about Winter soldier or Black Widow. Is patriarchy in that too

Second this movie take place during 1960 to 1995 and that time Woman were discriminated because they were woman. A lot has changed in 20 years but things were really different back then. Even today we have a lot of countries were Woman are still discriminated because they are woman

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@dc1008: @notcensored:

1. No, the entire concept of the film is introducing Carol to the MCU. I'm still waiting for a single line or scene that implies an anti-male agenda.

2. Even if it did promote a theme against patriarchy (it doesn't, that's just deluded people trying to find reasons to hate on the movie), that wouldn't be wrong. Patriarchy isn't a good thing, last I checked. What would be wrong is promoting females as being the superior sex, which it didn't. And frankly, the world the movie takes place in is the U.S. of the 60s. If you think patriarchy wasn't a thing back then, or that women weren't treated as lesser, you're wrong. Merely addressing this issue in the flashbacks in order to show an empowered character who happens to be female isn't anything more than logical, if not given.

3. The main villain was a female. Another one of the goons was a female. Fury was also there and had a main role. I really just don't understand where you're coming from. I'll still wait for 1 line or 1 scene promoting women as better than men.

AndrewGarfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dc1008 said:
    @anthp2000 said:

I'm still curious as to what line or part of CM promoted women as being better than men.

The whole movie itself

Tobey?

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
    melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the ones who are really going into sjw bs is Star wars

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dc1008 said:
    @anthp2000 said:

The whole movie itself

The movie never said anything about "women being better than men." I swear, men are so fragile.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the ones who are really going into sjw bs is Star wars

How?

melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batvibe12:I'll give 2 reasons off the top of my head though I have more

1. in the now confirmed KOTOR trilogy they are changing the main character (presumably Revan as the protagonist is supposed to be Malak) from his usual self to a black woman and trying to find a female director, not the best mind you just a female one, the more woke the better.

2. they're giving Rian Johnson his own trilogy even though he pretty much ruined Star Wars because he makes "strong woman characters" and supporting other stuff like that because they want to show how SJW or Feminist is there preferred term I believe.

that's all I'm gonna say about Star Wars cause continuing is off topic for the thread

Avatar image for jjonahjamesonjr
    JJonahJamesonJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s nothing wrong with more diversity, however how heavy handed its presentation is is a deciding factor on its acceptance. Ruby Rose’s line from the Batwoman trailer about the bat suit not being perfect until it’s refitted for a woman is not the way to go. I was not a fan of the convenient group shot of all of the female MCU heroes in Endgame either, because it felt forced. Filmmakers in their eagerness to showcase female heroes may marginalize established male characters just as female characters have been for decades. It wasn’t right when it happened to them and it’s not right when it happens now. I am for diversity in casting and behind the camera, however being “diverse” shouldn’t be the main attribute of the character nor the main focus of the filmmakers unless they want to tell a story that only targets a specific demographic.

Ok, so this line is fucking r******d.. It was never about the suit being imperfect the way it was. It was that it would be perfect FOR HER when she used it after it was changed.

Rest, I will not go in on because you are wrong on everything.

OT: Nope, just moron anti-SJW's like Toby here..

melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjonahjamesonjr: honestlyI just wanted a profile pic and liked the Wonder Woman comics at the time but haven't kept up with it recently so yea I'll probably change it soon

JJonahJamesonJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JJonahJamesonJr

@melkorisbeatmod said:

@jjonahjamesonjr: honestlyI just wanted a profile pic and liked the Wonder Woman comics at the time but haven't kept up with it recently so yea I'll probably change it soon

She was literally created as a feminist so.its not recent things She is the mother of SJW movement in comics. I would suggest Joker as profile pic

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
    @tobymaguire said:

I know right! That was why Captain America, X men, Black Panther, Ms Marvel was created, to be enjoyable for kids. Not tools to brainwash kids with propaganda

Well, Captain America and Ms. Marvel were actual propaganda, the rest, hard to say. You're right though, comics have always been a liberal morality play, though, superheroes have simultaneously always been inherently fascistic, but, people tend not to notice that stuff. Comics have always been a niche interest though, now, the MCU and Disney seem to function like the Truth Ministry.

WB started the feminist LGBT propaganda in first place with Wonder Woman not to mention Supergirl and Batgirl, Black Starfire etc. Disney and WB is on who could Pander more contest.

So having a white actress would have been better? I mean, however you look at it, wouldn't have changed anything really considering that they weren't going with her comic appearance..

melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By melkorisbeatmod

@jjonahjamesonjr: wasn't saying it was recent was just saying I enjoyed the Wonder Woman comics at the time

Edit: I think I like this pfp better

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only SJW is ANTHP

JJonahJamesonJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjonahjamesonjr: wasn't saying it was recent was just saying I enjoyed the Wonder Woman comics at the time

Edit: I think I like this pfp better

Thank you!

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: America is a patriarchy, so is most first-world countries. People seems to think that patriarchy means something different than:

Men have more power than women in a leadership position. As far as I know, there are way more men in any government in the modern world. Hence, we live in a patriarchy. Patriarchy doesn't mean that women are oppressed like the anti-SJW's seems to think it means..

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 anthp2000  Moderator

@byondeon: Patriarchy is not just a neutral term characterizing the system with which a country is going by. You're taking it from a (flawed) technical, literal perspective; however patriarchy is, at its core, directly associated with the dominance of the male sex in society *and* the simultaneous oppression of the female sex. Historically, that's how the term came to exist. It is a negative term.

It has nothing to do with SJWs and anti-SJWs. You seem to be looking at it from a technical perspective, and even then, the english term originates from the greek word "πατριαρχία", which means that the father figure leads. It got into the dictionary back in the 20th century to characterize a society where women had virtually no rights and were treated as lesser. The first part of the word (πατήρ/pater) literally means father, and it referred to when the dominant figure in a household was the husband, with the wife strictly obeying, and this evolved into a larger scale, and we have come to talk about an entire city instead of just a household. The technical definition of any word can be seen in the most accurate way when you look at the source, and the source completely suggests gender inequality.

So yeah, it most certainly, also, means the oppression of women, and no, we don't live in patriarchy in most first world countries - not to any dangerous degree anyway.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any movie who got gay/lesbian is trying to force it as something normal.

like IT chapter two.

they had this gay couple at the beginning but them being gay was actualy pointless , it was just the system forcing it into our faces yet again.

No matter how much and where you show it , gay/lesbian is not normal.

now lets not start about trans.

that is the definition of wrong.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Soratoumiga  Online

To conservatives, anything that doesn't heavily involve straight white males is SJW. Lol

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: You are wrong. Patriarchy is only that. A neutral term that highlights if a country or company or in certain cases families are led by men. It doesn't have to be like in Saudi Arabia or anything, but that is also a patriarch in all aspects of what I just said.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But being gay/lesbian is something normal though.

like IT chapter two.

Can't comment because I have not seen It 2

they had this gay couple at the beginning but them being gay was actualy pointless , it was just the system forcing it into our faces yet again.

Who cares though. If they were nothing more than insignificant, I don't see why it's a problem. You wouldn't complain about it had it been a straight couple. Being gay isn't a problem and if a lead character is gay, I still don't see the problem. My favorit character is gay, I don't like her just because she is with a woman. That is only a small part of her character. The biggest struggle I see in her is the fact that she has big shoes to fill considering she is the daughter of the original Captain Marvel and sister to Genis-Vell.

It is though, you fail to notice that roughly 10% of the Earth's population are lgbt+..

Let's not, because you will get crushed by me in that debate.

Also, I can someone please tell me if this post I just responded to is report worthy or not, because I really feel I want to report him..

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 anthp2000  Moderator

@byondeon said:

@anthp2000: You are wrong. Patriarchy is only that. A neutral term that highlights if a country or company or in certain cases families are led by men. It doesn't have to be like in Saudi Arabia or anything, but that is also a patriarch in all aspects of what I just said.

Well, no, I'm not. I'm studying glossology and this is not debatable what patriarchy officially means. If you think you know better bring up evidence.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@byondeon: with gay being wrong i mean not the relationahip of man and man.

I mean sex.

its factual wrong.

yh, pls dont crush me lmao.

trans are one of the most egoistic inviduals on this planet and dont deserve a healthy body tbh.

waste money to change a healthy body when they could have used that money to help ppl who actualy got real problems.

i look at things from a perspective your manipulated brain cant even comprehend.

1 hungry kid is more important than a million healthy gay and trans ppl complaining about their so called problems.

Dont even try, have a good day.

dont expect a reply becouse your mentality is belongs to the system and nothing but the system can change it.

Also reporting me becouse of a diffrent opinion.

damn, this sounds like as if you want me to be a sheep like you or else i get banned.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@byondeon: There was no profanity, no explicit language, no name-calling, no threats of violence. Why would you want to report someone who just doesn’t hold the same beliefs as you?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
    @arthur_morgan said:

But being gay/lesbian is something normal though.

like IT chapter two.

Can't comment because I have not seen It 2

Who cares though. If they were nothing more than insignificant, I don't see why it's a problem. You wouldn't complain about it had it been a straight couple. Being gay isn't a problem and if a lead character is gay, I still don't see the problem. My favorit character is gay, I don't like her just because she is with a woman. That is only a small part of her character. The biggest struggle I see in her is the fact that she has big shoes to fill considering she is the daughter of the original Captain Marvel and sister to Genis-Vell.

It is though, you fail to notice that roughly 10% of the Earth's population are lgbt+..

Let's not, because you will get crushed by me in that debate.

Also, I can someone please tell me if this post I just responded to is report worthy or not, because I really feel I want to report him..

That guy is crazy. The gay couple in IT2 is to set up a kill from pennywise.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: with gay being wrong i mean not the relationahip of man and man.

I mean sex.

Gay sex is not wrong, considering that sex is so much more than missionary. You should try reading Kama Sutra and actually look this up.

its factual wrong.

No, it's not. How can sex even be factually wrong?

yh, pls dont crush me lmao.

I won't if you don't bring up anything trans related, which I assume you will.

trans are one of the most egoistic inviduals on this planet and dont deserve a healthy body tbh.

And why is that? And any evidence at all? Because I don't think that you will come out on top there..

waste money to change a healthy body when they could have used that money to help ppl who actualy got real problems.

It's not a waste of money, and they shouldn't even have to pay for the surgery. You have no clue what you are talking about. Not all transgender people have Sexual reasignment surgery you know. How should I put this.. Transgendered people can get surgery, however not all do. Many transgendered people are just not identifying as the gender that they were brought up as. Those that transition do that because if they don't, their dysphoria will trigger and they get clinically depressed. And it doesn't help that people bully them. The reason why the suicide rate for transgendered people are so high is because of societal factors, and how they are the one of the most oppressed people in todays society. They are constantly harrased or mistreated.

i look at things from a perspective your manipulated brain cant even comprehend.

Sorry, but science is a bitch, and it strongly disagree with you..

1 hungry kid is more important than a million healthy gay and trans ppl complaining about their so called problems.

Actually, no. You wouldn't have trans/gay people complain if they wouldn't be treated like crap because of people like you. However, both are important, because while a hungry kid is important, I would rather solve the problem that the trans/gay community faces on a daily basis over giving 1 kid a meal tbh. However I would say that we should focus on fixing the problems. And the thing is, those that are making it hard for that 1 child to get a meal are also the ones that are opressing the trans/gay community. Kill off all republican's and America would be a good country. So far, America is shit. So why not kill two birds with one stone.

Dont even try, have a good day.

Try what? Stating that you are wrong? Because I will do it all day if you can not actually stop being homophobic/transphobic.

dont expect a reply becouse your mentality is belongs to the system and nothing but the system can change it.

I don't, because I don't expect you to have facts..

Also reporting me becouse of a diffrent opinion.

Reporting you for blatant transphobia/homophobia.

damn, this sounds like as if you want me to be a sheep like you or else i get banned.

I just wish that people would stop being homophobic/transphobic..

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: As I thought. They were not meant to push a gay agenda at all then. Just so that Pennywise can kill those people.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2.5 out of 22 MCU films are not been led by straight white males and everyone's losing their minds.

lol this is exactly what I was thinking. The roster of the original Avengers were all white people (Hulk don't count) and there's literally been 1 movie about a non-white hero, with just 2 on the way.

The MCU is embracing diversity in their characters without compromising the original characters, that's exactly what you're supposed to do

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: @byondeon:

The gay couple being bullied and then one of them being killed by Pennywise is straight out of the book Which was written long before any kind of internet movement or agenda

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninetoadclown: Not read the book so.. Can't really say. And not seen the movie.

I don't see why people make it such a big deal about people being gay in movies and shows or having a female lead that are better than males.

Though I would guess it's because up until like the 70's, women had been seen as second class citizens and the men didn't want the status quo to be disrupted.

People wan't to make movies and shows that reflects society and that people can relate to because that is what will give them the most money. Because MANy people will go see the movies that they can relate to.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know, we're gonna hit 20% at this rate.

JJonahJamesonJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
    @anthp2000 said:

I know, we're gonna hit 20% at this rate.

You forgot Thor and Dr Strange where females are co leads so its 5.5

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean by that? Sjw’s are just the far left that makes liberals look bad and since their more prominent right now they’re very loud.

If so then I don’t think so, they kinda of have to respect their characters more as it’s the movies which are very popular unlike the comics which is a niche medium. So they can’t make their male characters look bad in favor of making female characters look good because the outcry would be too big. Though just giving women or minority’s more relevant roles isn’t really SJW.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@jjonahjamesonjr: That's not how the industry works. Unless a female name is at least part of the title, then it doesn't count.

edit: And I'd hardly say Jane or (I'm assuming) TAO had as prominent roles as their male co-stars in these movies anyway.

JJonahJamesonJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjonahjamesonjr: That's not how the industry works. Unless a female name is at least part of the title, then it doesn't count.

Jane is going to be still Mighty Thor. So 5

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 anthp2000  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.