Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Captain Marvel Respect thread.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
    Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As many could probably guess I debate a lot of MCU Captain Marvel one might even consider me one of the top wankers debaters of her on the site. So I have decided to create a respect thread for her. I will separate her feats into different categories including, strength, durability, striking, speed, energy, and skill.

Strength:

Captain Marvel is one of the physically strongest characters in the MCU.

She was capable of carrying the guardians ship across thousands of lightyears effortlessly.

No Caption Provided

The ship is no slouch in size either.

No Caption Provided

She also has of course the missle feat.

No Caption Provided

This was calced by @divinevisitor to be a 100k plus feat.

"The Missile has the following stats:

Length: 32m

Mass: 209,600kg

Speed: 7000m/s

The Kree Missile that Carol catches is about 17 Brie Larson’s long, making it about 28.9m. Slightly smaller than the R-36 but the Kree Missile is slightly wider at the base/fins so i would say they could be compared with some degree of accuracy.

Now Carol catches the missile as it’s travelling through the Atmosphere which would be re-entry speed however after having caught the missile she is only fighting against the thrust of the engine and its Mass to keep it stationary, a thrust capable of having the missile travel at 7,000m/s at maximum output. Having found a clip of the scene on Youtube it appears Carol catches the missile at 24.5s and the Missile appears to come to a standstill at 31.5s for an impact duration of 7 seconds.

In order to calculate how much Force she is pushing against i used an impact force calculator (https://www.gigacalculator.com/calculators/impact-force-calculator.php) with the following inputs:

Mass: 209,600kg

Impact Velocity: 7,000m/s

Impact Duration: 7s

Which provided an Average Impact Force of 209.6MegaNewtons or 23,560short tons-force.

If we take that as the Mass she is effectively lifting then we can work out how much force she needed to apply to push the missile back.

Next we need to workout the distance thrown and final speed of the missile in order to work out it’s acceleration. It appears that Carol takes 2 seconds to build up the strength and throw the missile which is thrown approximately 10 missile lengths, that being 289meters based on its length relative to Brie Larson and takes about 3 seconds to move this distance.

Calculate Speed (s = d / t):

289m / 3s = 215.5mph

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=289+meters+in+3+seconds

Now we know the final speed we can work out the acceleration.

Calculate Acceleration (a = Δv / Δt):

0+215.5mph / 2s = 48.169m/s²

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0%2B215.5mph+%2F+2s

With the Acceleration we can work out the Force.

Calculate Force (F = m X a):

23,560short tons X 48.169m/s² = 1029.5MN

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=23560short+tons+X+48.169m%2Fs%C2%B2+in+meganewtons

And from the Force work out the Short Ton Force.

Neurons to Short Ton Force:

1029.5MN = 115,700 short ton force

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1029.5MN+to+short+ton+force

Meaning Carol can probably lift in the region of 115,700 short tons or 104,961.27tons."

This is an outstanding calc for the strength CM has. This was performed mind you by a rookie CM who had just realized her full potential. She could be much stronger by the time endgame rolls around.

The person who made the calc took small liberties on the exact length of the missle it is likely slightly larger than what was being presented here and it was also traveling at potentially slightly faster speeds as it crossed great distance from space to earth in seconds. The feat may be a little better but the calc is overall is great.

She also overpowered Thanos.

No Caption Provided

Many claim she was amped but the evidence isn't substantial. They either point out the barn scene which was her simply trying to keep him from closing his fist or they say she glowed brighter than she usually does which is also wrong. Captain Marvel can glow really bright.

No Caption Provided

This is a great feat since Thanos is stronger than both Thor and Hulk. Thor has the rings feat which is him moving millions of tons and CM scales above him.

Striking:

CM is one of if not the strongest striker on the avengers.

Her lower end feats are easily calcable at nearly 40k tons of force.

Assuming the metal of the bridge is roughly as durable as stainless steel and was 250 millimeters thick and was around 9 feet long the force required to disintegrate it in the fashion she did would be 36149.56 thousand tons of force. And this is before she fully awakened as well and this was a casual punch as well. And this is before CM truly unlocks the entirety of her full power.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore CM was capable of oneshotting Star force level Kree well before she unlocked her true power.

No Caption Provided

This is impressive as kree are physically on the level of asgardians.

The notion of her only busting "Fodder ships" is baseless. She is still destroying tons of metal at high speeds in each ship she is outputting thousands of tons of tons for each ship. And she destroys tons of ships.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

CM also carved threw Thanos' army like butter. She arguably did the most individual damage of any avenger to the army.

No Caption Provided

And getting to the good stuff lets go to the bigger ships.

An accuser ship was able to remain mostly intact after this. CM flew through one like butter. This is the Dark aster which is a slight variant on the average ship but they should scale to it because they are all modeled pretty much exactly the same.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Her bullrushes are outputting massive amounts of force. In fact the Dark aster is confirmed to be 4828 meters. The average accuser ship is a little bit smaller than that but they are about ¾ the size of the dark aster. This would make them 3621 meters long. And roughly 800 meters tall. In order to destroy that much metal like she did would be insane I am talking millions of tons of force. Even if you believe the ship itself exploded she is still driving through millions of tons of metal with her body alone carving through the ship.

No Caption Provided

And let's talk about Sanctuary 2. The ship is massive.

You may have seen me lording this image around but tbh I actually am starting to lose faith in it as Sanctuary 2 seems to be much bigger than 4k meters.

No Caption Provided

The reason I say this is because this image puts the Q ship at 250 meters. This is just wrong though. It is like a 500 meters in size.

No Caption Provided

Sanctuary was ungodly in size considering this as this is how big they were in comparison to Sanctuary.

No Caption Provided

It is like 15 plus times bigger than a Q ship. This isn't even including the fact that like 6 q ships could fit in those hole thingies. I would estimate Sanctuary at 7000 meters if not more you could probably fit 20 q ships just on the bottom of it.

Sanctuary either way weighs tens of millions of tons assuming it is straight hollow. To be frank it probably weighs like 50 million plus tons. The holes CM makes in it probably is her tunneling threw over a million tons of metal straight up.

No Caption Provided

The holes literally dwarf the remains of Avengers HQ. In order to destroy that much of the ship and decimate that much metal would take millions of tons of force. The script states the engine of the ship explodes this doesn't actually affect much as the massive hole in the ship comes entirely from CM. She effortlessly cuts through the ship with her body destroying hundreds of thousands of tons of metal. She arguably has the best striking in the MCU barring god tiers like Surtur and Dormammu. This feat is better than any other striking feat performed ever by any other character barring those two in the MCU.

Sanctuary also was good after this.

No Caption Provided

And it broke threw Avengers HQ's roof effortlessly when it arrived.

And it should scale above the drop pods it contains within it. Which are notoriously durable.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They can no sell being dropped from space. Drop ships are contained within Q ships and Sanctuary 2 visibly contains two Q ships inside it and CM actually flies threw one meaning she likely flew threw a few drop ships. And Sanctuary is designed of the same metal as them and is likely even more reinforced then them.

The Sanctuary 2 feat is probably one of the best striking feats ever performed by a CBM character period.

Back to Thanos.

Thanos before his fight with CM and after shows he was bruised extensively from their fight. And it is around the spots CM punches as well. This imo can't be a coincidence and is meant to show that CM bruised him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

An even better visual of Thanos to show he wasn’t already bruised is when he was suspended in air by Wanda.

No Caption Provided

And here is one more pic of Thanos after his fight with CM that shows how damaged his face is.

No Caption Provided

Her strikes are also visual comparable to Mjolnir strikes.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here are some of the feats of characters she scales above.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Moral of the story is CM punches really hard.

No Caption Provided

Durability:

CM is also one of the most durable MCU characters.

CM no sold flying threw this.

No Caption Provided

Which had enough force to expand to this size.

No Caption Provided

The missiles where previously shown doing this.

No Caption Provided

This is insane durability feat as CM didn't even register explosions.

She also has feats of no selling other attacks like this. I imagine that the ship was ramming her at extremely high speeds and was likely outputting a ridiculous amount of force.

No Caption Provided

And she has the rain fire feat which was one shotting leviathans and is capable of this.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Every shot causes massive damage. Yet as seen here was completely ineffective against CM.

No Caption Provided

She takes around 7 shots here potentially much more and no sells all of them. Keep in mind Hulk was cowering away from these shots and they caused large shockwaves.

She also survived this.

No Caption Provided

The shockwave from this stretched across the entire battlefield.

And she also no sold Thanos' headbutt.

No Caption Provided

Which is one of his most powerful attacks it did more damage to Ironman and Thor than his punches did and it straight up knocks Thor out. He is never seen again after this.

No Caption Provided

She also has solid piercing durability.

No Caption Provided

This sword also cut threw an alien gun. And sliced threw Skrulls like butter.

No Caption Provided

Speed:

CM is also the fastest of the avengers

In travel speed she is easily MFTL traveling thousands of light years in under a day.

Her perception speed is also insane as she searched an entire planet in seconds.

Her reaction speeds can be shown here. She dodges energy blast while traveling at high speeds.

No Caption Provided

She also flew to Earth to Space in seconds. Casually.

No Caption Provided

The entirety of the final battle of her solo movie was taking place at supersonic speeds.

Energy:

CM is also insane with energy projection.

She has shown to be capable of destroying metal ships as well. The same things I said about her striking apply here as well.

No Caption Provided

She has shown capable of ragdolling people with them as well.

No Caption Provided

She has shown energy AOE's

No Caption Provided

And she has shown the ability to absorb energy as well. She used this to overpower the Supreme intelligence.

Other uses are shown here.

No Caption Provided

Skill:

CM is a highly trained fighter.

No Caption Provided

She also fodderized Skrulls. She has over 30 years of experience in fighting and using her powers as well. She has been trained by the elite Kree to be one of the best hand two hand combatants they have.

Conclusion:

In conclusion CM is imo easily the most impressive physical fighter on the avengers. She's is the strongest, most durable, fastest, and hardest hitting on the team. She physically second only to the god tiers like Surtur and Dormammu. An absolute powerhouse and is easily one of the most powerful CBM characters today.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
    deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Formatting could use some work but solid overall.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TonyStark6999
    YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She also is the most insufferable avenger

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@eri123 said:

@subline said:

@money_brings_happiness: Great thread although I feel like it would be more organized with spoiler blocks and maybe larger headers.

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yet another mcu char that solos DCEU clark

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness:

Nice job, Carol is underrated and would beat any DCEU character but you just made a mistake in my opinion.

Many claim she was amped but the evidence isn't substantial. They either point out the barn scene which was her simply trying to keep him from closing his fist or they say she glowed brighter than she usually does which is also wrong. Captain Marvel can glow really bright.

She didn't overpower Thanos, I mean that‘s amped by the full IG energy radiation. She absorbed a bit of it and Thanos was weakened. I don't think it's fair to bring that feat up because it's very inconsistent.

Overall nice job.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DivineVisitor

The missile explosion feat is one I often see overblown.

First off we see the initial explosion stop expanding on screen with Captain Marvel before the scene switches to her flying out the other end.

Second despite the light of the explosions seen from space we don't know how high Ronan is or the nature of the glass/view panel he is looking through (is it zoomed in/out?). Perspective plays a lot in space, you can look up pictures of the Globe where a continent appears to cover 50% of the globe and others where that same continent looks substantially smaller. The Ronan perspective is not a good indicator for the explosions size. The scene when Captain Marvel is flying through the explosions is the best indicator and they are nowhere near city level.

Third flying through an explosions fireball isn't going to be anywhere near the same level as being at the epicentre of the explosion when it detonates.

Fourth the planet the Accusers ships are seen attacking with the same missiles is of unknown size. Could be no bigger than Earth's moon or the size of Jupiter. Going by the size of the explosions seen when Captain Marvel flies through them though that 'planet' is more likely to be a very small planetoid/moon. The missiles are not city busters.

My guess is they are mainly used to obliterate key targets on a planet such as energy stations, defensive structures and buildings linked to a planets leadership in order to cripple any resistance and put on a dominating show of strength.

Flying through the fireballs is a good feat but I wouldn't say it's anything even Iron Man couldn't replicate.

I certainly agree that she is one of the MCU powerhouses but as with all powerhouses her feats are often overblown and need to be brought into perspective.

Arguments could be made about other Avengers having similar/superiors feats such as Thor being in the same Strength category and in a superior Energy Durability/Heat Resistance category with Nidavellir feats.

Carol is a badass though and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Brie Larson bringing her to life.

As for the layout it looks good and you've done a great job pulling everything together, I would just try to check the bias in parts when declaring her the be the best at everything given that there are other characters in the Avengers team with arguably comparable/superior feats in various categories. She is probably the all round 'most powerful' in the team all things considered though.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness:

Well thank you. It was very informative and easy to read very interesting.

People who think hulk or Thor are stronger than her are in denial lol and im Thor/Hulk fan

It´s one of my projects to bring all the best feats of the MCU with analysis in one thread, can i use some of what you brought here in the future?

Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness: I am not on pc but she has a striking feat without photons and that's in yon rogg vs Carol on the laboratory of Mar-Vell

Fall1n1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@money_brings_happiness: I was honestly blown away by Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch, imo they were the most powerful characters in Endgame. Maybe Dr. Strange could mess with them.

Don't worry about going to the mat for Captain Marvel. Im new but all my posts are about Legion and the Joker lol Im pretty sure everyone is tired of them now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.