Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Agents of Shield Official Discussion Thread

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Stahlflamme

@anthp2000:

No idea. I mean sure they are all big and muscular looking, but so was Kebo, who was clearly much tougher than any of them despite the glass jaw.

And we can talk about Mack once you're done watching the latest episode.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Wow, the finale was intense, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I wonder how/why Coulson dying or not is the reason the world splits apart, I guess it has something to do with him protecting Daisy, but I want to see what the writers do.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @rogueshadow: Did you guys catch the bit where Kasius said his father tried to take over Earth in the past and was stopped ?? I pictured the Avengers fighting against yet another alien invasion.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82 said:

Did you guys catch the bit where Kasius said his father tried to take over Earth in the past and was stopped ?? I pictured the Avengers fighting against yet another alien invasion.

Honestly, man, I'm at the point where I've given up on treating the shows and movies like the same continuity, it was after the IW trailer where they literally have New York City blowing up on Luke Cage and Daredevil's doorstep and there's not a Defender or even a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in sight; I just can't buy it. And I think the Inhumans are never ever going to get a look in now that Feige has access to mutants. I won't be surprised if all of the time-travel shenanigans result in some sort of official continuity divergence with AoS this season.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
    TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, the finale was intense, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I wonder how/why Coulson dying or not is the reason the world splits apart, I guess it has something to do with him protecting Daisy, but I want to see what the writers do.

Midseason, right?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: Yeah midseason. The show will return in a month with 12 more episodes

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: The promo for episode 11 is also out already. Featuring yet another masked character that will probably never put it on again after taking it off once. And Dove Cameron... Okay, at the risk of sounding dangerously "unhip", who is Dove Cameron?

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thor_parker82: Yeaa I caught that but then he thought by keeping the agents in the future it would allow his father to take over Earth in the past implying that shield stops him? idk it's a bit of a mess with the referencing and stuff, they haven't made mention of what the avengers did when the world ended you'd think Thor and the Asgardians would've been around to prevent the Kree taking over.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Did you guys catch the bit where Kasius said his father tried to take over Earth in the past and was stopped ?? I pictured the Avengers fighting against yet another alien invasion.

Honestly, man, I'm at the point where I've given up on treating the shows and movies like the same continuity, it was after the IW trailer where they literally have New York City blowing up on Luke Cage and Daredevil's doorstep and there's not a Defender or even a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in sight; I just can't buy it. And I think the Inhumans are never ever going to get a look in now that Feige has access to mutants. I won't be surprised if all of the time-travel shenanigans result in some sort of official continuity divergence with AoS this season.

Yep, that's why I said I "imagined" them, I don't know if you recall but a while ago I told you I don't even consider AOS canon to the MCU anymore, it has just deviated too much and the tone is just too different, I have an easier time picturing the Netflix universe in the MCU than Post-S3 AOS.

@thor_parker82: Yeaa I caught that but then he thought by keeping the agents in the future it would allow his father to take over Earth in the past implying that shield stops him? idk it's a bit of a mess with the referencing and stuff, they haven't made mention of what the avengers did when the world ended you'd think Thor and the Asgardians would've been around to prevent the Kree taking over.

Yeah, to be honest it's ridiculous to think it was Coulson's team that prevented the Kree from taking over the world when you have the goddamn Avengers in there, I also thought about Thor and the asgardians, but that bit would actually make sense, remember there are no more warrior asgardians remaining and they all went to Earth, so if the planet cracked, the asgardians and Thor were in it, so they probably died, Thor wouldn't allow the Kree to take humanity hostage, he would wreck the Lighthouse by himself, that would be dope to see.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82: I remember, it's not the tone for me so much as that the films are just never going to acknowledge them at this point, I tend not to really think about the wider MCU when I watch AoS. Netflix shows will probably never be officially decanonised because they are small scale enough that they can keep saying they co-exist but I doubt anything will ever happen, they have a better chance due to the Inhumans stuff, but while I used to think it was plausible, I just don't think it's gonna happen anymore. I'll be over the moon if I'm wrong.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Yea that's true tbf, and yea I'm pretty sure Thor could solo the lighthouse and Kassius' forces same with Hulk too.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thorthunder98: The Guardians of the Galaxy would also be able to defeat the Lighthouse IMO, the Kree have been very unimpressive.

@rogueshadow said:

@thor_parker82: I remember, it's not the tone for me so much as that the films are just never going to acknowledge them at this point, I tend not to really think about the wider MCU when I watch AoS. Netflix shows will probably never be officially decanonised because they are small scale enough that they can keep saying they co-exist but I doubt anything will ever happen, they have a better chance due to the Inhumans stuff, but while I used to think it was plausible, I just don't think it's gonna happen anymore. I'll be over the moon if I'm wrong.

I'd rather see the Netflix characters appear in the movies than AOS, they just fit more IMO, I'd kill to see Daredevil/Spider-Man or Daredevil/Captain America team-up, hell, just show us Matt Murdock as a lawyer in the MCU interacting with someone, it doesn't even have to be Daredevil, if they want to go further though, they could actually introduce him in movies without diving too deep into him, like they did with Black Panther.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thor_parker82: Pretty much yea even with all their random gadgets they still could and yea the Guardians could do it aswell.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

I'd rather see the Netflix characters appear in the movies than AOS, they just fit more IMO, I'd kill to see daredevil/Spider-Man or Daredevil/Captain America team-up, hell, just show us Matt Murdock as a lawyer in the MCU interacting with someone, it doesn't even have to be Daredevil, if they want to go further though, they could actually introduce him in movies without diving too deep into him, like they did with Black Panther.

Optimally I would like to see a Spider-Man film with Kingpin as the villain (Kraven as muscle) and Daredevil as a supporting character. I would still like to see a crossover with AoS personally but it requires more exposition with Coulson and the Inhumans, and once you acknowledge the Inhumans they have to be heavily addressed. Daredevil is just Daredevil, he could just show up like Panther/Widow/Falcon etc. have. I just don't think Feige has any interest in it.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: Isn't Season 2 at 100? I remember one season being and I don't think DD ever scored that high.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By AngelJax
    The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax: This proves that AoS stomps all of fiction

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: I think the overall rating being the highest in Marvel is rather new, but with television series and especially the later seasons the tomatometer often does not work that well, because they usually get arounda dozen reviews that come out when only one or two episodes are availaible. God knows Arrow season 4 would not be at 100% otherwise.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: I think the overall rating being the highest in Marvel is rather new, but with television series and especially the later seasons the tomatometer often does not work that well, because they usually get arounda dozen reviews that come out when only one or two episodes are availaible. God knows Arrow season 4 would not be at 100% otherwise.

Yeah, I find RT's scores on TV shows are very weird to say the least.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 rogueshadow  Moderator
    AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Coulson or May will bite it this season. Calling it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:

@rogueshadow: Coulson or May will bite it this season. Calling it.

Honestly I could see it being Coulson and May. Possibly together in some self-sacrifice. I think Coulson is very likely to die, he's a major loose end for the MCU once the show finishes.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Agreed. I think Daisy's a very likely choice to die as well. Not sure the show is willing to drop that many main characters though.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: I think Daisy will become Director of SHIELD.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: That would be such a gratifying end. Some might say that would be a bit too hokey but I actually think it's kinda perfect.

But honestly, I'm not sure S.H.I.E.L.D. will even exist after this season. Judging from the road the rest of the season seems to be taking. Also considering this is like the 3rd time the organization has fallen, all in 5 years time.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:

@rogueshadow: Agreed. I think Daisy's a very likely choice to die as well. Not sure the show is willing to drop that many main characters though.

Daisy's kind of in a similar situation as Coulson where if she's alive at the end I'd be left wondering where the hell she is for the rest of the MCU (not quite to the same degree because of Coulson's baggage as a film character) but I just don't know if Daisy bites it in the end, her arc has been such a central point of the show, it doesn't feel like it should be her fate to just die now. It would have to be done right but it would be ballsy.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Showrunners are ready for this season to be the end.

I think there are gonna be some major deaths this season.

I heard about this... All fingers crossed SHIELD survives and keeps going as long as it can. I might honestly say SHIELD is my favorite TV show on right now, so I really don't want to see it cancelled.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister I'm still unsure what to think of Ruby or what her storyline could be

Loading Video...

This clip has me a bit hopeful though. I think she'll have a good rapport with the main cast (if she ever interacts with them). Hopefully she's not just another snarky, cynical and quip-busting machine though. We already have Deke and to a lesser extent, Mack for that.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Knowing AoS, she is not going to be some filler quippy character. I think she will have a solid role to play.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

If AoS does finish, it's far more likely that some characters can cross over with other shows.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_magister: I don't picture Daisy in Daredevil. I feel like she'd be more at home in Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Any of the options are better than Iron Fist tbh, she wouldn't put up with Danny's childishness.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Any of the options are better than Iron Fist tbh, she wouldn't put up with Danny's childishness.

Iron Fist's character will probably get a soft reboot in IF2 (possibly sooner on Luke Cage season 2) with the logic that he matured during Iron Fist/The Defenders. In fairness that was always the point. I don't think it would work well anyway, I picture Quake within the context of an Iron Fist plot and I just don't see it.

Thinking about it I don't think she'd work in JJ either, May would work better on JJ or the Punisher, I've posited how it could work in the past for May/the Punisher and I think it would be very smooth. Daisy could work on Luke Cage but she's also just a bit tough to stick into another show, her very ungrounded powerset, her status as an Inhuman, there's just a lot of baggage with the character. You stick in May and she's just Melinda May, badass Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., you don't need to explain much about her. Daisy requires a lot of exposition and it could feel forced or weird.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: May wouldn't work on Punisher. The writers analyze individual feats as diligently as Viners do, and they'd realize that he'd get stomped.

(JK that'd be a great encounter/team-up)

But yeah I agree with all of your points.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought Bobbi and Hunter would've been perfect fits for the Netflix side of the MCU. Can you imagine them fighting the Hand alongside of Matt/Danny/Jessica/Luke? Awesome-sauce.

Honestly, I'd take anything with Bobbi and Hunter at this point. I'm still peeved that they were written off of AoS.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Tbh, imagine someone like Hunter interacting with some ninja master along the lines of Nobu. He'd troll them so hard.

And Bobbi is just fantastic, she needs to return.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Thorthunder98

Well that episode was a bit mad

But can't Fitz just make Yo-Yo some prosthetic arms like Coulson's arm?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Not anytime soon I don’t think. They don’t have the time nor the resources at the moment.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that episode was a bit mad

But can't Fitz just make Yo-Yo some prosthetic arms like Coulson's arm?

yeah holy shit AoS is firing on all cylinders. That last twist with General Hale's daughter (?) was crazy. I'm so interested to figure out what's going on. And next week is the 100th episode

HYPE

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By The_Justiciar
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: Probably on account on the sole fact that they're robots/LMDs. But yeah, they're better for now. Maybe we'll get further confirmation on that and I wonder why and how Ruby fits onto that team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.