Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Agents of Shield Official Discussion Thread

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1201  Edited By Daisy_Johnson

It doesn't break continuity. Coulsons mind was wiped and his memory erased of aliens, Kree and tahiti projects.

Haven't seen Captain marvel yet, but I want to know how the Kree there stand up to the ones on AOS.

Was there any similar tech shown, how strong were the starforce members (cap America level or peak human), any interesting bits of info.

Yeah, there's a few things and it's quite remarkable. My favorite one is that there is an early version of the Kree Inhibitor that is used on the InHuman's in the first half of Season 5. It can be removed a fair bit easier than the one in the show and far less effective, it's made very clear as to why they would want to enhance that technology.

Directly prior to removing it, the same character gets trapped in their mind and talking to another Kree character similar to in Season 5. They break out of it similarly, but you see more of a battle in their mind and it's really cool.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1202  Edited By Stahlflamme

@del_torro: Yeah, as mentioned before we have variation of the inhibitor and the virtual landscape the Kasius family uses. The Kree were similiar in their physical capabilities to AoS where a human hit effects but not particularly bothers them and they can send people flying a fair bit with their hits. The Star Force members all had hightech weapons which we don't see that much of. Korath from guardians of the galaxy pre cyborg has glowy blades, another has glowy gauntlets that probably enhance his hits. Minerva had laser sniper rifle whochs projectile jumped from one target to the next, another one had handguns and Yon-Rogg had also a gun and a version of the uni-beam Mar-Vell had early on in his comics, which were basically like wristmounted tractor beams he could use to grab, hurl and lift objects. They are not that much in the movie thought. Otherwise the Kree accusers had giant spacecraft with building sized missiles for an orbital bombardement not unsimiliar to the tranaporta the outriders came from in infinity war, but exploding. They also seem to be WMDs based on the explosions being visible from space early on in the movie.

The skrulls had roughly the same physicals as the Kree, which they maintained while transformed, could shapeshift down to the dna and copy new memories of the ones they turned into. They used electric clubs and electric guns as their weapons and had some memory reading machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8954877b624
    deactivated-5c8954877b624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It actually pains me that there are people who think of Coulson as that guy who got stabbed in Avengers, because he is probably one of the most well-written and acted characters of the MCU at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
    deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show needs to be cancelled (It got bad when bobbi left)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82: I believe it was in the first Lady Sif episode in season 1 episode 15 "yes men". Coulson, who had seen the kree body recently, asked her what blue aliens she knew. She mentions the kree and a couple of others and says that none of them were to earth before. Since Coulson does not actually see a kree in Captain Marvel it's not strange he would not be able to tell one by sight and he technically never comments on whether any of the names species sounds familiar, while Sifs statement that kree were never to earth was already proven wrong on the show the asgardians had juat not been aware of it.

I think @del_torro just explained it, Coulson didn't remember a lot of stuff due to the Tahiti project.

Also, during S5 when they were in the future enslaved by the Krees, you'd think Coulson would mention to his team how in the 90s they already had a couple of Kree visitors.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay guys, I need your help.

I've tried...gods know I've tried to get into AoS and I absolutely love some of the random non S1 episdoes I've watched but I can't seem to get through S1. I've kept up with the plots so it's not like I don't know what's happened but each time I rewatch the series I end up stuck around the Gravitonium/Skye getting by Quinn plot line and flounder.

So...do I keep trying to push on? Skip to season 2? Give up?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1207  Edited By AngelJax

@dasalvadore: Honestly just Skip S1 and start S2. I see nothing wrong with skipping the first season of a show (especially if it's universally considered the worst) and just going back to it later if you've managed to become attached to the show and the characters. I pretty much watched the show backwards when I first started and I don't think my experience was hindered in any way.

If you still aren't feeling the show by say episode 11 or 12 of S2 then the show probably just isn't for you.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasalvadore: I started regularly watching in season 2 then watched seaaon 1 between waiting for the new episodes so I think ypu can move on to seaaon 2. Otherwise I would say the essential episodes are. Of season 1 would be 1, 4, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14 and then 16-22. That's essentially the project centipede and Coulson resurrection main storyline. Other episodes such as 3, 8, 12 and 15 introduce characters or objects Ian Quinn/Gravitonium, Elliot Randolph/Beserker Staff, Blizzard and Lady Sif that make appeareances in later seasons or episodes, but wouldn't necessarily be that important to know overall.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys.

I remember when AoS first came out and everyone said how much S1 was almost entirely filler as it bridged Avengers and Winter Soldier. I thought "nah, it can't be that bad" and yet I find myself feeling the same way. I'll definitely jump straight to S2 now as the only thing on that list that I haven't seen is Lady Sif.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1210 anthp2000  Moderator

I hate it when people are advicing to skip S1... that's terrible. S1 is great, watch it. Frankly, I liked it a lot more than S2, even if it's an awfully unpopular opinion. It's far from bad.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: It's weird because at that time AoS was basically just glorified padding for the movies. It's competently written and objectively solid through and through. But it suffers because it isn't preoccupied with telling a story until like the final 6 or so episodes.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212 anthp2000  Moderator

@angeljax: That's true to a degree, but it also goes the other way around. Wether it was pretentious/non existent on Marvel's part or not, I really enjoyed the fact that AoS established a connection with the films.

I agree that S3+ the show reached a whole new level in no small part because of the independence from the rest of the MCU, enabling it to tell its own story clearer than ever, but I still think the first season is uniquely enjoyable exactly because it felt like the Avengers' neighborhood.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1213  Edited By Stahlflamme

@anthp2000: Eh, whatever works for you I guess. It really goes beyond how much it connects. I mean when the show started the cast with the exception of Coulson were just a bunch of standard archetypes.

Ward - Serious heroic archetype guy with a dark past

May - emotionless badass with a dark past archetype lady

Simmons - Geeky quirky scientist female version(slightly more mature and serious than the male version, also pretty but not too sexy)

Fitz - Geeky quirky scientist male version(even sillier than the female version, good looks optional)

Skye - Idealistic activist hacker/out of place civilian with too much talent.

By the time Trip showed up they had roughly amassed as much unique traits as Trip had by the end of season 1, not too mention the attempt to replace character traits with memorable(usually painful and overused) quirks such as 'never call me that', 'Overacting poor lying' and everyones favorite 'MONKEYS'.

The plots were very standard scifi episodes too with MCU references that were usually more painful than adding things. Just think of the Beserker Staff episode. They show a scene from one of the Thor sets... and then have a complete independant Asgard related plot in a different country. I'm pretty sure by the end of Thor 2 there was still a monster from Jotunheim running around in London, but that never got mentioned. Or the 0-8-4 episode, which randomly brought up how the random energy cannon in the random ruin had the same energy signature as hydras weapons, a fact that got never explained to this very day.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dasalvadore: Ep: 1-16: you can finish them 10min per epi.Except epi 6,11,13,14.Watch them.A lot of character development & misery revealed there.

Then keep watching.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
    deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are they doing with Coulson?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope coulson's return has good reasoning.

AndyKaplan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG!!

What just happened??

AndyKaplan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said at WonderCan the answer for the season 6 is on Endgame

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1221 anthp2000  Moderator

SO MUCH HYPE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AndyKaplan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AndyKaplan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG THIS IS TOO AMAZING!!!

No Caption Provided

Did they just tease a Season 8???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thefallen_angel
    TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: Firstly, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?! This season is already destroying me and it hasn't even started yet.

Second, it saddens me to see people suggesting to skip season 1. I still like it to this day. True, I decided to go into the show when season 2 was airing (I can't remember at all how I got into it wow), so I was able to binge season 1 and then up to like the middle of season 2 or sth, and since I've been watching weekly. But I loved season 1 so much. True, later season stepped it up a notch, but the first season will always have a place in my heart and imo, season 5 wouldn't've been as enjoyable if I had skipped season 1.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_angel: Well, shield seems to have captured this lady, there seemed to be some sort of explosion or so ething that knocked everyone down and there is a huge armored truck coming from some glowing mist portal thingy, as a time with coordiantes counted down and then a guy looking like Coulson got out of the truck and seemingly shot a shield agent with a laser gun. What did you think happened.

@blackspidey2099: They at least denounced the the idea that there are specifically plans to end after season 7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_angel: I didn't like S1 at first.But since looking back at the happy days in S1 now, is what gave meaning to the series.The agents have through a lot & certain characters grow up sooo much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
    deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people think May's still gonna have her leg injury? Seems like they forgot about it in the second half of S5

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hispanicspidey: They did not forget about it she just got better. So no I don't assume she will be particularly inhibited by her leg. The injury was written in in the first place to cover for the actress real life injury during shooting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering did Ian got stuck in other works again like S5?

Avatar image for thefallen_angel
    TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: If I could upvote you, I would (though thinking about it, an upvote/downvote system for CV is a terrible idea). Just A+

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post 1232

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1236  Edited By Stahlflamme

https://www.moviejones.de/news/news-cool-neues-agents-of-shield-staffel-6-poster-neue-figuren-details_35831.html

New Poster and character descriptions. I'll take a guess here and say the first two are for the space portion with Daisy and Jemma. Also note Malachi is the name of a biblical Prophet so this might be a Chronicom like Enoch and Noah. If the name like with those two is a hint at his role. Enoch a man that lives forever. Noah located in a place tosurvive the apocalypse. He is likely either very anti-inhuman since the book criticizes interbreeding between races and religions or after a fellow chronicom Enoch since the book also criticizes the misdeeds of priests and Enoch is probably breaking the chronicoms rules now that the extinction level event did not occur after all.

@thor_parker82: How? Better use spoiler blocks before going into detail in case anyone couldn't see the movie yet.

I can't think of stuff first glance here. They both only changed their own timelines future not the past. They both could have characters from other timelines without that character being affected by the changes of their past. Infinity War did link some stuff specifically to moving infinity stones out of other timelines.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: On AOS they go back to the past to change the future, you know that's very different from Endgame, where we were clearly told that changing the past doesn't change the future.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1238  Edited By Stahlflamme

@thor_parker82: Uh, on AOS they traveled to the future. Then they traveled back to their present and prevented that present from becoming that future. It's not like they went back to Dekes time afterwards and that one had changed. So I imagine in that timeline Flint and Tess are still trying to put earth back together or something. It's not like Strange having knowledge of the future did not change what future their present turned into.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Honestly, I just don't see AOS canon to the movies anymore, it simply can't be, with all the stuff that happens and gets ignored in the movies.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: As opposed to the movies ignoring each other? Like the dark elven invasion and space portals from Thor 2, the Ego seedling eruption on earth from Guardians 2, the presidential kidnapping in Iron Man 3, shield having a superpowered assassin who can walk through walls with Ghost, but not putting her on the Avengers. Or can you honestly tell me all the stuff that Captain Marvel retconned into existence and therefore was not referenced in earlier movies would be easier to buy than the stuff from AOS?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw this Hulu apparently announced a Ghost Rider show with Gabriel Luna for 2020 along a Hellstrom series.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/1/18525187/ghost-rider-helstrom-hulu-live-action-marvel-shows-2020

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Trailers out.. And I think Clark Greggs new character is a Space Phantom and he is coming to destroy the timeline because they altered history, hence him saying he hunted Dekes kind his whole life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc80ba54a77
    deactivated-5ccc80ba54a77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing theres a scene where Coulson beats the tar out of Mack is extreamly satisfying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdc9a3e08b98
    deactivated-5cdc9a3e08b98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such skill, such fluidity

Dshuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1245  Edited By Dshuk

So who do people think gets a bigger boost in terms of feats this season? Daisy, May, or Yo-Yo?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dshuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

Where's this from?

@roguespidey2099 said:

A preview clip from the premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYLflMsfl_g

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1248  Edited By Stahlflamme

So what are our theories after ep 1? Think we're getting the Controller next episode?

@dshuk: Daisy because she is the only primary fighter in the space section, while May and Yoyo have to share with each other and probably also with Mack and/or Deke. The only chance I see for it to be May is if the fact that Daisy is not there lets us see her fight more powered opponents.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: I still think they might be trying to pull off the incursion storyline from the Infinite arc, with a mix of Marvels alliance.

Sarge and company are hunting Deke. He's a "butterfly". An interference from another timeline. Or maybe Fitz for some reason.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: They would be after the Fitz that died wouldn't they? In general I would assume the ship that attacked Enoch and Fitz is unrelated, because it was a whole year prior to these guys showing up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.