undead_hero's Marvel 1602 #1 - TPB/HC review

Avatar image for undead_hero

Surprising and Unexpected.

Neil Gaiman is probably best known for his work on Sandman, and when I heard he was going to do a Marvel project I was shocked. When I finally got around to picking this up, I had trouble putting it down. The story is well put together and the art by Andy Kubert and covers by Scott McKowen are amazing, but what puts it over the top is the unique finishes to the illustrations. Through out the novel, it was thrilling to see a 17th century version of some of our favorite heroes. The only complaint I have with the novel is that it feels like something is missing, I still do not know what, but just one small thing is. And I do not understand why there are dinosaurs at some point, but the Gaiman jokes about it, so it is ok.
           Overall verdict 4.5 - 5