Minor Sin City 2 News!

Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

There's been talk of a possible Sin City 2 since the first movie hit the theaters back in 2005. Recently, however, Collider got a sweet interview with writer/director Robert Rodriguez about the upcoming Sin City 2 film and where it's at in the land of pre-production. 

I can’t say no because I don’t know its no. I know Frank (Miller) wants to do it I know I wanna do it and its always sort of time permitting kind of thing but its not like I can tell you definitely we’re starting…its not my next picture…I know that...There has been a script since 2007.

During the interview he mentions that he's in the final editing process of Machete, a film that started as a joke trailer during the Grindhouse intermissions a couple years ago, and Robert is planning on a Spy Kids reboot, and that's why Sin City 2 is taking so long to get out. Robert mentions he wants to start Sin City 2 as early as April next year, just months after starting the new Spy Kids film. But even Robert Rodriguez himself is a little weary about trying to follow up the first film.

I think its built up so much, like are we really going to satisfy everybody with what we have, should we add to it. It’s the thing we’ve always talked about but now two years later going on three we’d probably make some adjustments but nothing that would take a long time.  It’s just a matter of…once we start…we can go into production…we can already start and in pre production for this up to anything we wanted to.

It's been 3 years now since the first film. I, for one, would still love to see a sequel, even if it's delayed a little longer. What do you guys think? Ready for another Sin City film or just let the idea for a sequel die?
Staff
#1 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see the Machete! 

#2 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't most of the characters in the first Sin City die?

#3 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I can't wait to see the Machete!  "
I've been waiting for that since the first time I saw the trailer
Staff
#4 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I can't wait to see the Machete!  "
Me too!
#5 Edited by Bruce Vain (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert needs to focus on one project at a time. I feel he gets too sidetracked with these films he says he's gonna do and doesn't get around to them or they take forever. Like Red Sonja for a example. Cause Sin City 2 should've been already made.

It's sad that Brittany Murphy passed away . No more Shellie  now:(  

R.I.P.  Brittany 

#6 Edited by Turbo_Toaster (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, yes.

EDIT: This article brings possibly great news with terribly depressing news. More Spy Kids? Seriously? Ew.

#7 Posted by goldenkey (3033 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"didn't most of the characters in the first Sin City die? "

doesn't matter, Miller has written stories with those same characters in other stories.  Prequels, and there are ton of other characters since it refers to the city
#8 Posted by Decept-O (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

It is sad concerning Britanny Murphy;  sad coincidence today I guess.   

What is most disturbing is he mentions a "Spy Kids" reboot??  Seriously?  Is that a joke?  I've not seen that kids' movie, but I can't help think "huh?". 
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

Um... I dont think they can make a sequel unless the movie will be about "A Dame to Kill For" and  
"Hell and Back"... which would be cool

#10 Posted by Bruce Vain (1833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One:
Hell and Back is definitely a personal favorite of mine.
#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Sin City 2
and dedicate it in Brittany Murphys honour.

#12 Posted by Rocketeer (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell and Back is my fave too - I'd like to see Wallace in action.  Speaking of which - I could never tell if he was African American or white. After the first Sin City movie came out and was a hit, I remember hearing talks of  Robert wanting Depp to play the character - which made me assume he was white? Either way - would make a cool flick.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
#13 Posted by Marshal Victory (692 posts) - - Show Bio

um i can see sorta the way he works . somthing light then something dark in films .keeps a fresh perspective.but um kill spy kids im sure its posible they make decent money. 

but um sin city > spy kids.

#14 Posted by YONY (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" didn't most of the characters in the first Sin City die? "
the sin city storys mostly take place around the same time as the others do not one after another
Avatar image for alexander_arkady
#15 Posted by Alexander Arkady (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for this, but im bummed now about Murphy dying she did Shellie justice. But still sad

#16 Posted by Bruce Vain (1833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deviant:
He's white - I've never seen a black man with hair straight hair like that lol. Except maybe Katt Williams and even than it wasn't that long like Wallace's.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#17 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19151 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw Spy Kids, We need Machete now more than ever

#18 Posted by Rocketeer (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain: LOL - Figured as much.
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
#19 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"   Robert needs to focus on one project at a time. I feel he gets too sidetracked with these films he says he's gonna do and doesn't get around to them or they take forever. Like Red Sonja for a example. Cause Sin City 2 should've been already made.

It's sad that Brittany Murphy passed away . No more Shellie  now:(  

No Caption Provided
  R.I.P.  Brittany    "
I agree.
#20 Posted by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P. Britanny Murphy, you will be missed. I liked the Spy Kids films, the 3rd one kinda sucked at the end and a remake/reboot would be okay with me.  Sin City-2 should have all ready been made and I would love to see the Machete!

#21 Posted by LP (683 posts) - - Show Bio

I will wait for Sin City 2 and Spy Kids, third one wasn't as good as the other two though..

#22 Posted by drawme (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I don´t want to see a sequel. The first one was already boring enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.