Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Stormwatch 12 Solicits

Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mathematicscore

So, the New 52 issue 12 solicits are out, and there's some spoilery reveals in the solicit copy;

J'onn is apparently leaving Stormwatch "Forever!" What is it about J'onn that gets him constantly removed from teams? With the notable exceptions of the Detroit league and the JLI, he's been phased out of the Silver Age League, the Bronze Age almost altogether, Morrison's JLA (although he got phased back in pretty quickly there, and kept on by Kelly too) was in the Outsiders for an entire issue, and now will be out of Stormwatch with in a year.

Writer shake ups are a likely culprit, and maybe his inherent "other"-ness means a low percentage of creators have a good grasp of his character, but... just silly. If he doesn't get a solo title with somebody cool, I'm gonna spit.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

how disappointing. They really can't seem to give his character any love whatsoever.

Avatar image for dantetheredknight
    DanteTheRedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DanteTheRedKnight

I want him back in JLA!

mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mathematicscore

I'm hoping for a solo title at best; a heel turn would be the worst. The most probable thing I've heard is him being added into a restructured JLI (that title is ending with issue 12 apparently.) J'onn has really been in a near constant state of flux since Infinite Crisis. With out a Giffen/Dematteis, Morrison, Ostrander, or even Priest to champion him, he seems to be overlooked.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By noj

He will more than likely end up on one of the Justice League teams where he belongs in the first place

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Martian Manhunter was the only thing good about that book. Please cancel it now. 

mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mathematicscore

Yeah, the Authority with out a good writer is like anything without a good writer; crap.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

So has anyone read Stormwatch 12? How does he leave the team?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman
    @Lvenger: There wasn't really much an explanation at to why he left. He just mind wiped everyone from ever knowing him.
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mathematicscore

Well, he is apparently moving to JLI-like Justice League of America, in a starring role from the looks of things. I think it's even under Geoff "I can even make Aquaman sell" Johns's pen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.