Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3630 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Questions about the Martian Manhunter?

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By martian

I was wondering exactly how fast J'onn is? I've read on this site that his speed enables him to keep up with the Flash. Now I know that he is not as fast as the Flash but if he were in a foot and flight race around the world against Diana, Superman, and Flash, how well would he do, second, third or fourth place? 

In terms of reflexes, how fast is he compared to other three?  With regards to his speed of thinking, does his telepathic brain allow him to execute and process thoughts faster than the other three?

Final question, can the MM phase other people and objects along with himself like Kitty? I'm not sure I have ever seen or read of him doing it.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @martian : I think he would finish 4th out of those.  His speed is never really highlighted, but when he has so many abilities it might not have to.   

He can use his telepathy to talk to a lot of people at once, so I would say he is probably the fastest thinker among them 

I don't think he can phase like that, only himself
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    Agree with Razz. 

I've never seen MM use his phasing ability to phase other things around him like Shadowcat.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Valtot
    @martian :

in a race hed probalby come 4th like razzatazz said  

hes probalby the 3rd fastest thinking out of them after flash than superman  

and for phasing i think white martains or him as fernus have done that so its in his capabilities maybe
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz
    I correct myself. 

I just finished reading Others Among Us #2 and MM used his abilities to turn himself and four other people invisible. So apparently MM has the ability to extend his powers to others. Though he did state it took MUCH concentration.
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By majestic99

@martian said:

I was wondering exactly how fast J'onn is? I've read on this site that his speed enables him to keep up with the Flash. Now I know that he is not as fast as the Flash but if he were in a foot and flight race around the world against Diana, Superman, and Flash, how well would he do, second, third or fourth place? In terms of reflexes, how fast is he compared to other three? With regards to his speed of thinking, does his telepathic brain allow him to execute and process thoughts faster than the other three? Final question, can the MM phase other people and objects along with himself like Kitty? I'm not sure I have ever seen or read of him doing it.

As fast(speed and reflexes wise) as Superman:

No Caption Provided

Destroying 3 separate facilities on 3 separate continents on 3 separate occasions....

No Caption Provided

....While speed blitzing at least 3 White Martians

On the telepathy question, yes.

On the phasing thing, he uses his telekinesis to shift another person's mass into another dimension(which he also does to himself) to phase through solid objects.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.