Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

How Would You Revamp or Add Onto Martian Manhunter in Rebirth?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Martian Manhunter is the heart of the JL, a lovable character through and through, and a huge DC powerhouse. Lately it seems like he hasn't been given his due as a character ever since the N52. Many of the current Leaguers have their own books, mythos, ethos and supporting cast as well as antagonists to compliment and challenge them. J'onn deserves a shot at that. What would you do to expand his character?

Personally I would give the Martian race as a whole a revamp and add more antagonists or expand on other antagonists that J'onn has. For example.

Scorch

No Caption Provided

Human Flame

No Caption Provided

White Martians (The Hyperclan)

No Caption Provided

Any thoughts?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bmp.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: I much prefer Scorch as a love interest and I never bought into Human Flame being an MMH villain. The Hyperclan would be cool though.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Rebirth is all about restoring the character to its best/most loved version whole at the same time keeping some of the updated elements right? So in J'onns case that'd either be the 90s Ostrander/Mandrake version or the JLU version or possibly even the Supergirl TV version.

Bring back the cool concepts like how he has a vast network of alternate identities across the world that he holds dear to his heart and his dry sense of humor. Let him be a night mare to his enemies and a patron to his friends.

Solidify his supporting cast and Rogues.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm not so sure about as an antagonist but I'd love to see some interaction with Jemm Son of Saturn!

Perhaps a friendly rivalry? A rivalry doesn't seem to be in J'onn's or Jemm's character but it might humanize him a little bit.
    I didn't dig what they did with Jemm on the Supergirl TV show but it was nice to see him considered.

With Jemm they can explore the history of the Martians and the Saturnians and parallel some current event sociopolitical hot topics.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

J'onn needs more defined villains. If they could focus on building one or two up at a time, I feel like that would increase his profile and thus his storytelling potential.

HankScorpio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put J'onn back on the JLA, bring back the White Martians and maybe introduce some new green ones. Make Fire his defined love-interest I mean there were hints all throughout the Giffen/JM Dematteis run and other books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man, I miss MMH. I remember seeing a variant for Justice League #1 (Rebirth series) that featured J'onn alongside the JL. Made me excited... But he never became a member. It seems to me that DC (for some reason) hates MMH and would rather force Cyborg down our throats instead. Cyborg, a Teen Titan, is even taking J'onn's place in the JL movie! I'm really hoping for a Rebirth comic featuring him some time soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.