Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Does Martian Manhunter get stronger when he shapeshifts?

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tethadam

Like does he get stronger when he gets bigger?

I saw a scan of him when he grew 4 arms to help Superman & Wonder Woman pull the earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not necessarily, but yes.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be. More muscles = more strength.

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We honestly do no know it’s never really explained in the comics but I suppose it gives him more strength although it’s weird he’s already s tier in strength so if he gets bigger does his strength double ?

Avatar image for blacktimuscrime
    blacktimuscrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in terms of strength, it is manipulated where through density shifting, binding his biomorphic structure into tighter bundles, he can increase his already massive strength without a stated limit as yet. So I’d say simply shapeshifting, not necessarily, it is probably just him being insanely strong already. However sometimes he can add the density shift (instead of becoming intangible, shifting the other way to become even more of a brick) to it, like I’d imagine he did with the four arm thing for maximum strength.

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This ones pretty iffy lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.