Follow

Marrow

Character » Marrow appears in 956 issues.

A mutant able to control her bone growth, providing her with armor, clubs, and knives. As a child, she was taken in by the Morlocks where she would form the terrorist group Gene Nation before joining the X-Men. Her allegiances have shifted frequently since then. She was once de-powered after M-Day.

Why Marrow left the x-men?

carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By carland

She was a part of the team during Zero Tolerance and The Twelve but i didnt realize when she left it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By fodigg
    Marrow got de-powered on M-Day. The wiki entries usually have information like that.
    carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By carland
    @fodigg: nep, just try to find this on her page besides i refered to the editors intention not plot
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Thats not why she left, apparently during the sixth month gap period her powers went out of control (again?) so she left, which i find really really sad.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Sol-rac said:
    @fodigg: nep, just try to find this on her page besides i refered to the editors intention not plot
    Because she's a terrible character, and her creator is bad, and should feel bad.
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By HexThis
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @Sol-rac said:
    Because she's a terrible character, and her creator is bad, and should feel bad.
    Marrow was an excellent character.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Marrow was a character who was messed about by ever changing creative teams.  Everyone seems to forget that she was introduced as a normal HUMAN child who'd been taken in by the Morlocks as she'd no home or family.  Then she was warped into a bald mutant who Storm killed.  Then she survived having her heart ripped out... because she conveniently had TWO (bone growth = 2 hearts??).  Then she looked more like a normal person, but with armoured bone growths (her best period, when drawn by Joe Madureira & Carlos Pacheco) but was soon warped into some little girl who desperately wanted to be pretty (why do all female characters end up wanting to be princesses???).  When she lost her powers, but was scarred with the physical remnants of them, she turned to Weapon X... Which seemed more reasonable for the way she'd been portrayed previously), and again she took a step backwards as Callisto's adopted daughter in the X-Cell.

Marrow has been warped & ruined too many times.  I used to like her, but I stopped caring back when Alan Davis drew her as a wannabe princess with a bone crown.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

I thought I read somewhere that left due to unrequited feelings toward Angel?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

Another retcon.  He'd saved her life during the Mutant Massacre in the Morlock Tunnels.  I don't remember if that was the reason she left... but it would have been more interesting to see the beautiful Angel hook up with a Morlock instead of inappropriately still-in-school Li'l Miss Know-It-All Husk.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    @HexThis said:
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @Sol-rac said:
    Marrow was an excellent character.
    Indeed, she was.
    carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By carland
    @xerox-kitty: Agreed.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By jrock85
    @xerox_kitty said:
    Another retcon.  He'd saved her life during the Mutant Massacre in the Morlock Tunnels.  I don't remember if that was the reason she left... but it would have been more interesting to see the beautiful Angel hook up with a Morlock instead of inappropriately still-in-school Li'l Miss Know-It-All Husk.
    It was actually Gambit who saved her during the Morlock Massacre.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

Big diff.  It's been a long time since I've read it, but I know I saw images of little Marrow looking at crucified Angel.

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Ouija
    @xerox_kitty
    I was confused to kitty......found the picture that i think the two of us were thinking of  

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By carland
    @xerox_kitty: you weren´t worng, actually Marrow saved Angel in X-Men 74 from Abomination. 

No Caption Provided
    Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Degalon

@Sol-rac:

@xerox_kitty:

Yaknow, I only really read comics during the 90s (Specifically, during the Onslaught Saga and then Operation Zero Tolerance), so Marrow was kind of an iconic "New X-Man" to me. I miss her. She was a really cool character. Much better than most of the newer characters like the "young" x-men and the x-students.

Granted, writers couldn't seem to decide what they wanted with her origins and motivations, but I don't care about her past or future, she was an awesome character "as-is". It's just kinda depressing how now she's been thrown out to just be a nobody member of some ragtag throwaway villains (X-Cell).

carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By carland

@Degalon: Something similar happened to me, I was interested not only IN Marrow but Maggott and Cecilia Reyes were great new characters too. But definetlyMarrow interested me more. Now, there is little know why the editors thronwn her out of main X-Men series, later they killed Maggott in camps and Cecilia Reyes has appeared few times since then.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sky-pirate

Are we talking in-universe or in reality? My own two speculations are that it either had to do with her having a physical mutation (in case you haven't noticed, the average X-Woman looks like she could be on the covers of Vogue and Elle, one or two even have), with bones sticking out of her. Or it has to do with her kicking the butt of Marvel's pet (i.e. Wolverine), at one point (we can't have that, now can we). I also can't help but notice, that when Claremont returned, he threw away Marrow and used largely his own (or earlier) X-Men.

I'm a big fan of Marrow. I thought her mutation was quite original, she was more of a fighter than some other lady mutants (who's powers sometimes were mental, shapeshifting, they could pass through solid object or copy the powers of others). I also like the fact, that she wasn't the typical girly-girl, that you often see in various art forms and that she could beat up Wolverine. She's one of the good elements, from the 90's (when I first got into Comics). Sadly, writers today seem determined to undo a lot of the good stuff, from the 80's and 90's.

carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By carland

@sky-pirate: I am fan of Marrow too, its sad how they stopped using Marrow when she was gaining a lot of followers since she appeared on Marvel vs Capcom 2 as playalbe character and X-Men legends as boss.... and multiple appearences in the media (tv shows, cross overs, trading cards ....) Someday someone could use her history, i think she could be part of Uncanny X-Force, she could be the visceral girl

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Ryonslaught

@xerox_kitty said:

Marrow was a character who was messed about by ever changing creative teams. Everyone seems to forget that she was introduced as a normal HUMAN child who'd been taken in by the Morlocks as she'd no home or family. Then she was warped into a bald mutant who Storm killed. Then she survived having her heart ripped out... because she conveniently had TWO (bone growth = 2 hearts??). Then she looked more like a normal person, but with armoured bone growths (her best period, when drawn by Joe Madureira & Carlos Pacheco) but was soon warped into some little girl who desperately wanted to be pretty (why do all female characters end up wanting to be princesses???). When she lost her powers, but was scarred with the physical remnants of them, she turned to Weapon X... Which seemed more reasonable for the way she'd been portrayed previously), and again she took a step backwards as Callisto's adopted daughter in the X-Cell.

Marrow has been warped & ruined too many times. I used to like her, but I stopped caring back when Alan Davis drew her as a wannabe princess with a bone crown.

That sums up my feelings on her exactly!

carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sol_rac: who says .... i predicted exactly what is happening her. Now she is an x force member

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.