Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

'Man of Steel' Blu-ray/DVD Review

• 53 results
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Anyone know if it has commentary? I've been hooked on listening to commentary every since Freddy vs Jason and recently with the WKUK

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By CODYSF

Damn my blue ray won't come to mh house till this Saturday

Airmansmith21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kinda disliked this movie i honestly fought off sleep for most of it. sorry if this upsets anyone just my honest opinion

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kennyshat: Thanks for the info! This really helps a lot.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of deleted messages. Wonder why people get so heated about Man of Steel.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56 k4tzm4n  Moderator

A lot of deleted messages. Wonder why people get so heated about Man of Steel.

All except for one are spam. It looks like the one that wasn't spam was deleted by the user.

SpeedyMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SpeedyMR
    @shadowhuntr said:

@speedymr said:

@herokiller12344 said:

@speedymr said:

I liked the movie but I loved the third trailer, sure fooled me into believing this movie would be a Superman movie.

Okay, I don't want to get into a huge debate here. But what part of a flying man, in a red cape, that saves people isn't Superman to you? Say what you will about the actual flick, but it was definitely a Superman movie. Certainly wasn't a Sentry movie.

LOL ... it was cold and heartless, Superman caused the Smallville fight. That is no freaking Superman movie and he doesn't let his father die. I understand that it was about Clark trusting his father, but still doesn't fly with me. He was Superman for a while when he was saving the kids from the bus and all that but the moment he put on that suit it's like he forgot that his Superman. Zach Snyder said it himself "M ws more of a Science fiction/Invasion movie with Superman in it". A Superman movie should be a Superman movie with science fiction aspects not a sci-fi movie with Superman in it. That stupid kiss, Superman wouldn't kiss Lois or stop to hear Zod's speech he would run to uncover survivors and try to help them.

They have taken Superman from the New 52. He's still young and he has lots to learn and anyway, it would be boring seeing him save survivors the whole movie. People want actions. Have you seen Batman uncover survivors in his recents movie? He barely does it. And I haven't seen that in the Avengers either.

The movie was great. I'd change a few things but it was great. Superman killing Zod isn't impossible. If he has no other choice, he'll do it do save innocents.

So stop with your crap and read the first Action Comics. You'll see a young Superman smacking people's heads inside walls. I doubt they are still alive.

And to everyone who are mad that Superman didn't bring Zod elsewhere to fight, he would never have the chance. Zod was stronger then he was.

I was on facebook the other day and they were arguing about this and someone posted this .... "Also for those of you out there saying "Supermcan has killed before." He has and let's say that about 5 years(probably less) worth of stories where his killed that's including outside of comics. You still have 70 years of Superman not killing and talking about not killing, did we all forget Actionc comics #775 ? So please stop, claiming his killed before because that doesn't make it right because 70 years of Superman history disagree with those five years."

I don't mind a brash Superman, then again the New 52 Superman did was brash yet Smallville or any other city was destroyed because he took the fight there.

In Action Comics #1 1938, Superman never killed anyone he punched them but they all survived because he wasn't as strong as he is now. Did he kill later yes but I will direct you to that facebook quote.

SpeedyMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedymr said:

I liked the movie but I loved the third trailer, sure fooled me into believing this movie would be a Superman movie.

Okay, I don't want to get into a huge debate here. But what part of a flying man, in a red cape, that saves people isn't Superman to you? Say what you will about the actual flick, but it was definitely a Superman movie. Certainly wasn't a Sentry movie.

"Man of Steel was a more a Science fiction/Invasion movie with Superman in it." - Zach Snyder, Man of Steel was not a Superman movie the director himself has said it. Superman would not a start a fight and take it to Smallville where he would put lives in danger, that's not Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.