Follow

Majin Buu

Character » Majin Buu appears in 145 issues.

An entity as old as the universe itself, Majin Buu has spent his time between periods of chaotic destruction and slumber. Used by Bibidi, who grew to fear the uncontrollable monster, after attacking the Supreme Kais, (absorbing two, killing one,) he was rendered docile enough to be sealed and sent to planet Earth. Years later, Bibidi's clone, Babidi unleashes the fearsome creature on the universe once again.

is buu a galaxy buster

mrbuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is buu a galaxy buster? i was just wounding

mrbuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i found this what do you guys think

http://www.animevice.com/majin-buu/18-21309/kid-buu-respect-thread/97-324430/#6

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buu destroying the galaxy isn't canon.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SheenLantern
    mrbuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so then he is a galaxy destroyer

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would take time for him to destroy a galaxy

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how come?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NukeA6

Buu is not a galaxy buster. The galaxy destruction was done in an extended timeframe (just like Broli with the South Galaxy). Only the US translations of the manga put him as one (and they're known for either exaggerating or making inaccuracies) . Here's the correct translation of the page that was posted:

No Caption Provided
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can tell by this guy's first post, he was laying a trap, and waiting to spring it. Next he will post his fan calculation, thinking that proves his point.

mrbuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrbuu

what is with the hate?

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrbuu said:

what is with the hate?

DBZ fanboys that claim some character is a galaxy buster gets old.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@sheenlantern said:

how come?

It's filler.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buu is easily a planet destroyer though. In fact he's easily from planet to star level.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6:

You can find multiple translations from the original manga, none of them will be exact. what makes your translated panel more legit then others?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is not.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

20 posts and no calculations yet?

I AM DISAPPOINT

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 posts and no calculations yet?

I AM DISAPPOINT

Right? All kidding aside, maybe he is a new mutation of DBZ fanboys, one without calculations. Kinda like a non-deadly variant of ebola.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NukeA6

@goldenoozaru22 said:

@nukea6:

You can find multiple translations from the original manga, none of them will be exact. what makes your translated panel more legit then others?

It's directly translated from the manga. Japanese media that gets neutered for Toonami audiences tends to be altered and becomes inaccurate or just worse than the original. It's why I prefer subs to most dubs.

Avatar image for superlightning123
    Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe he can 1 shot a galaxy.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SonDeathEater

Many Vs Related DBZ Threads made by dbz fans,but noone makes a thread about the new release of Dragon Ball Minus or DBZ Battle of Gods Director's Cut.Plus,it was taked about in Late March already

SMH

Edit:Since noone has talked about it I might as well post the link or the quote.

"The movie “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods”: 85 minutes.

The special edition airing from 9 p.m. on the 22nd: 105 minutes.

We’ve added 20 minutes of footage. The relationship between Whiz and Beeruz [sic], and gag-action with the Pilaf Gang; it’s full of characters who didn’t play [much of] a role, such as Oolong and Mr. Satan."

As author Akira Toriyama mentioned in his interview published in the “Official Movie Guide”, his original scenario “was actually so long that it had to be cut down”. According to Toriyama, the film would have been around 120 minutes based on these initial storyboards. Director Masahiro Hosoda also noted in the “Official Movie Guide” that the film had “gone very much over [the intended length]”, citing a few examples, such as:

"In the scenario, the Z-Warriors played a larger role, so I would have liked to put more of that to video, if possible. Each of them has their fans, after all, and I think they’ve all trained and gotten stronger." — Masahiro Hosoda, Battle of Gods Official Movie Guide

So it appears that Akira Toriyama, Masahiro Hosoda, and many fans around the world will be getting their wish granted. The TV broadcast is set to air 22 March 2014 on Fuji TV at 9:00 PM.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: You may not have, but I haven't seen you post in forever.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"In the scenario, the Z-Warriors played a larger role, so I would have liked to put more of that to video, if possible. Each of them has their fans, after all, and I think they’ve all trained and gotten stronger." — Masahiro Hosoda, Battle of Gods Official Movie Guide

So it appears that Akira Toriyama, Masahiro Hosoda, and many fans around the world will be getting their wish granted. The TV broadcast is set to air 22 March 2014 on Fuji TV at 9:00 PM.

This makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY! I hope the human Z warriors get a much bigger role and showcase fighting.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@mrbuu said:

what is with the hate?

DBZ fanboys that claim every character is a galaxy buster gets old.

Fixed.

You can tell by this guy's first post, he was laying a trap, and waiting to spring it. Next he will post his fan calculation, thinking that proves his point.

Oh god....the DBZ fan calculations....I know those too well.

Although,we all know,that Aunt May is a universe buster. With prep,her cookies are a threat to all existence.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SonDeathEater

@wolfrazer:

Don't get your hopes up.It's just comedic antics probably from what I've seen.

About Dragon Ball Minus though

Dragon Ball Minus is set to cover Goku’s life before heading to Earth along with introducing Gine, the character’s mother, for the first time. The existence of Gine and a tease about her upcoming inclusion was first divulged by Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and Dragon Ball manga author Akira Toriyama in a special Q&A back in the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump. The issue featured a bonus pack-in of a “Super Kanzenban” for Naho Ooishi’s Episode of Bardock manga.

Viz’s release of the chapter would come just three days after the Japanese collected release of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman hits shelves 04 April 2014.

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman was an 11-chapter manga series by Akira Toriyama that ran from the 2013 #33–44 issues of Weekly Shōnen Jump in Japan, and also saw a simultaneous digital release in English by Viz. Originally teased by Shueisha as the “shocking revival of Dragon Ball!!”, by the series’ completion it became clear that it was indeed a true prequel to Dragon Ball.

Viz will release their English-language collected edition of the series, both digitally and in print, in January 2015.

Don't expect the chapter to be like Episode of Bardock or Father of Goku though.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Don't get your hopes up.It's just comedic antics probably from what I've seen.

Drat. :/ Well...guess we shall see when it comes, was finally hoping the humans got some spotlight(especially Yamcha, rather sick of him getting made fun of). But oh well..

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6: can you send a link to back that up? I would love to read the "correct" version. And as a side note, shouldn't the correct translated version be read from right to left since that's how it is written in japan...?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6: can you send a link to back that up? I would love to read the "correct" version. And as a side note, shouldn't the correct translated version be read from right to left since that's how it is written in japan...?

It was flipped. And I believe the site that has it is mangapark.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YodaPrime

how do we define "galaxy buster" here?

if you mean 1 attack wipes out a galaxy? Hell no...

But 1 planet at a time until a galaxy is destroyed? Sure i suppose. it'd probably take a while via travel time...

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6: I do not believe you now. You claimed that it was the correct translation, however even in the middle of the panel you showed, the translator admitted he messed up. A correct translation would not have that there. I also checked out manga park and it does not state anywhere that it has correctly translated the manga. Also, the panel you gave us as an example is not even on their site.... go to chapter 446 and 447(where it is supposed to be) you won't be able to find it. You will also repeatedly come across many of that sites panels that says "un trans"(un translated). So please do not tell others that their translations are wrong when yours are too. You claim that you have the right one, and you "think" your panel came from manga park... There are multiple sites like yours and mangafox, mangareader, etc. However all of them are different and none of them state that they have the "correct" translated version. So please do not tell others that they are wrong when you can't back your words up with evidence.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea. If Buu is supposed to be one of the most powerful beings in DBZ, then at his limit, then yes, he should be able to destroy a galaxy.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NukeA6

@nukea6: I do not believe you now. You claimed that it was the correct translation, however even in the middle of the panel you showed, the translator admitted he messed up. A correct translation would not have that there. I also checked out manga park and it does not state anywhere that it has correctly translated the manga. Also, the panel you gave us as an example is not even on their site.... go to chapter 446 and 447(where it is supposed to be) you won't be able to find it. You will also repeatedly come across many of that sites panels that says "un trans"(un translated). So please do not tell others that their translations are wrong when yours are too. You claim that you have the right one, and you "think" your panel came from manga park... There are multiple sites like yours and mangafox, mangareader, etc. However all of them are different and none of them state that they have the "correct" translated version. So please do not tell others that they are wrong when you can't back your words up with evidence.

Because it's not done 100%, it's done bad? Some Japanese words/terms do not have the same meaning when translated to English. Hell, it should be clear that direct translations aren't the most readable at times. Even subs get things messed up every now and then

You want to support the Viz translation yet it's known for censoring and not being true to its source. At least, fan-translated material keeps the mature stuff in. By your logic, the Funimation dub is more accurate than the subs even though they list Instant Transmission and Raditz having light speed when that's obviously not true.

Plus, the Viz manga is the only Dragon Ball source that states the DBverse has more than 4 galaxies.

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GoldenOozaru22

@nukea6: all I want to know is what makes your scan a reliable translation....

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give buu multiplanatery maybe solar system at best.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenoozaru22: It's directly translated from the manga and has no censorship at all. Is it perfect? No and it does get pretty messy but it's all that's available besides Viz. Nobody official does the fan-subs for the anime you download off the Internet unless it's dubbed.

Eddy_Newgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrbuu: buu is a multi galaxy buster soo...yhh pretty easily

Eddy_Newgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiTTlleJeiKKie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ofcourese he will. cell was easily solar system buster.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.