Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Question.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lord_galactus

Does anyone here know how people take magnetos helmet off when they try to get into his head or punch him or make him more vulnerable? It is said he does not need to motion his hands in order to control objects so why the hell doesn't he just use his powers to keep it on his head? what the hell is this trickery? got his damn head scorched off by cyclopse in ultimatum cuz his magnetism failed in the most important moment.

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AtraCruor

Well.... that was the Ultimate Universe soo.... that's enough said on that.  However in mainstream Magnus has been portrayed as sometimes needing his helmet and sometimes not.  I avoid Ultimate like the plague except for Cap so I'm not sure the extent of his powers in there, but in the mainstream he has electromagnetism and when he's being written as not needing his helmet to stave off telepathic assaults, it's said he controls the electric signal's in his brain and that, combined with his willpower, is enough to fight of telepaths like Xavier and Jean Grey so its not a big worry to him.  But honestly, his helmet's not snatched off too often and I've read all his appearences in Uncanny X-Men up until he joined the group on Utopia and I don't remember him ever having it taken off.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Timandm

He can hold the Helmet in place using his magnetic powers...

If his concentration is interrupted, anyone who can grab the helmet can pull it off...
    If not, then someone with super-strength might be able to rip it off, or rip his head from his body...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.