Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3409 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

Magik's magic

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

Miss Illyana Rsputin is supposed to be the sorceress supreme, but i've never seen her use anything other than the soul sword and a teleporting disk/spell..does she have any other powers besides that?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IcePrince_X

She can transform people to demons.

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celestrion

Open portals, avert and revert limbo her dimension.

Since the demons in that dimension respect her authority even though they don't like her they don't do too much.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

That still doesnt qualify her as sorceress supreme, in my book at least....she's no Dr. Strange. lol

Strobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Strobe

Actually Illyana can potentially cast any spell concievable, with a very specific twist. She is most powerful while in Limbo, as such she can only produce spell, well powerful ones, while Limbo. In the past she has produced healing spells, complete replicas of the X-Mansion (in limbo) and complete alteration of Limbo as a whole. While on Earth she is very limited in her magic uses. Specifically her SoulSword, Magical Tracking with her scrying mirror & Teleporation spells (I know that her mutant power is teleporation, but she was effectivly able to teach Pixie how to produce a teleporation spell, which indicates that she could do it too.)

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PYH000

Another thing about Illyana is whenever she uses dark magic, it corrupts her and drives her to her darkchild personality. She believes she's evil but she can revert back to being a good person (which is her true self) when she wants to. When I was reading the Magik limited edition and the New Mutants, I noticed she becomes corrupted also whenever she summons her soulsword even though it's forged through her innocent portion of her still intact soul. My guess is since it's a very powerful weapon, it kind of wakes the demon within Illyana since her dark portion craves for power. pixelized said:

"

Miss Illyana Rsputin is supposed to be the sorceress supreme, but i've never seen her use anything other than the soul sword and a teleporting disk/spell..does she have any other powers besides that?

"
    Openning disks is actually her mutant gift but the rest she learned from Belasco and the limbo version of Ororo Monroe (Storm). She's a very interesting character because she's of two opposing forces: good and evil. Also she's very powerful in Limbo.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Leliel

I like to see what would be the result of Magik taking on the mantle of Dr. Strange I'm sure the Exile can show us that but no there too bussy making Gambit somehow-would-be-son of black Namor and being I'm dark in all but Namor as black just not right

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Djinn

she has a great deal of magic  it gets weaker when she's not in limbo but thats what i heard from comics not a magik fan

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized

Isn't Miss Sefton stronger than Illy?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Djinn

yep

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @Strobe said:
    "

Actually Illyana can potentially cast any spell concievable, with a very specific twist. She is most powerful while in Limbo, as such she can only produce spell, well powerful ones, while Limbo. In the past she has produced healing spells, complete replicas of the X-Mansion (in limbo) and complete alteration of Limbo as a whole. While on Earth she is very limited in her magic uses. Specifically her SoulSword, Magical Tracking with her scrying mirror & Teleporation spells (I know that her mutant power is teleporation, but she was effectivly able to teach Pixie how to produce a teleporation spell, which indicates that she could do it too.)

"
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @Djinn said:
    " yep "
    Nope.
    chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chiq

@Illyana Rasputin said:

@Djinn said:
    " yep "
    Nope.

agreed. there is no way magik 2 is stronger then Magik 1 since the SS is most powerful in the hands of the original wielder ( it's her soul after all)

On a side note how dies magik's time manipulation work? I know she can time travel, but I hear she has vast time manipulation powers.Can she slow time around her? can she slow a speed blitz? how is her time manipulation different from some one like Zoom?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

@chiq: I wasn't aware she had time manipulation. Limbo distorts time, was that what you were thinking of?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PYH000

@chiq said:

@Illyana Rasputin said:

@Djinn said:
    " yep "
    Nope.

agreed. there is no way magik 2 is stronger then Magik 1 since the SS is most powerful in the hands of the original wielder ( it's her soul after all)

I agree. Illyana did create the soulsword after all.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chiq

@fodigg: I know time flows slower in limbo and I have seen her travel into the past and the future. But several people have told me the Doc strange actually said she has the potential to manipulate time on a vast scale. (written correctly she is really insanely powerful) So i was wondering if anyone had feats with her manipulating time. I was thinking since she can time travel when she uses her discs and she basically fused earth and limbo in inferno w/ a giant portal, maybe she can manipulate time inside the area of a very large disc. (im just purely speculating) Which is why I was hoping a Magik "expert" could shed some light on the subject.

Her discs alone are deadly weapons:

she can just BFR people into space or the sun. She can affect a battle without being on a the battle field. ( so she can't get harmed) She dropped Colossus on Kuurth who was in the middle of SF while she was in the crimson cosmos.

No Caption Provided

She can BFR godblasts and lasers and bullets and even return it to the sender

She can slice people in two

even out of limbo she she is still super strong in her demon mode (she's tossing aside a super strong sunspot and a blasting cannon ball

other displays of power while not in Limbo:

Threatening Mephisto in his own realm is really quite a display of power. ( this is actually the weaker magik doing this) Sorry for the poor quality...

In the new mutants a normal soldier was able to use the soul sword to absorb a soul. In battle that is a very deadly tactic..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.