Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3410 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

Magik Vs The Juggernaut

MisguidedAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MisguidedAlan

Curious, curious, curious. 

First thing, has Illyanna ever came up against The Juggernaut in direct combat? If so has anyone got scans of it? 

Also . . 

Seeing as Juggernaut is powered by a magical source, so is in a sense magical himself, would her soulsword affect him? If yes, to what extent?  

Thanks very much.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Ryonslaught

not sure if it has happened but my understanding of her powers would mean with a swipe of her sword she could possibly take away his strength or depower him significantly, + her raw magical powers could mind f*** him into next week once he 1) has no helmet or 2) is depowered.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

If Illyana took a swipe at Juggernaut's helmet, as Ryonslaught mentioned, it would disrupt the magical influence that the helmet possesses. It would not harm Juggernaut, per se, but it would destroy any magical spell that gives him his abilities. However, there have been instances in which certain magical energies have NOT been affected by the Soulsword. There have been no instances in which Magik has combatted Juggernaut directly, so the only way to ascertain that would have to be an actual battle.
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IcePrince_X

I am curios with this battle as well...

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Magik.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chiq

Magik. If shatterstar's sword harmed him, the Soul Sword would surely cause much more damage. D'spayre is a peer of Magik. He is part of the group The lords of the Splinter realms which Magik lead and formed.She can take him to Limbo where she is like a god and If all else fails she can just BFR him into the sun. He won't die but he won't be bothering anyone.

Not sure if the sword can cancel out Cyttorak's power since her brother still has it. (unless they want him to keep it, some people think she manipulated peter into touching the gem) Pretty sure it can harm him though. but w/o piss if Thor can disrupt the flow of the juggernaut energies for a couple of seconds, there is no reason Magik can't since she is a much more powerful magic user (Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo).

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PYH000

@chiq: Hold on, which Magik? Illyana or Amanda? I'm not familiar with Illyana being part of the splinter realms but I do know Amanda is.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chiq

@244 said:

@chiq: Hold on, which Magik? Illyana or Amanda? I'm not familiar with Illyana being part of the splinter realms but I do know Amanda is.

@244: yup. it was Amanda. But she used Illyana's sword to do it. and the sword is the most powerful when it is in the orginal Magik,s hands so any feat the Amanda can make is applicable to magik 1 for me. Since she is a more powerful version with the same set of powers.( to my knowledge at least) feel free to tell me if was mistaken. I think anyone who rules Limbo is automatically a member of that club since Limbo is part of the splinter realms be it belaco, amanda, illyana or witchfire...

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PYH000
    @chiq: That's accurate enough to me.
    Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dextersinister

It's nice to have a definite answer, Magik wins be it by bfr or death.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Veitha

She defetead him in the last issue of Uncanny X-Men

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

Sounds like she could teleport him to Limbo and remove his powers completely

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik MURDERS the Juggernaut!

Since he's using magical energies in the forms of physicality, her soul sword will be able to disrupt it immediately, and kill him with one slash!

M4rvelsJuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old thread but whatever. I highly highly doubt Magik’s magic is as strong as the spells of the crimson cosmos that D’spayre stole. He became nigh omnipotent and Juggernaut smacked him down. Juggernaut also beat Nightmare who imprisoned classic dr strange and eternity.

Nothing Magik can do would significantly harm the Juggernaut and even if it does, his regeneration would kick in. This fight will essentially be D’spayre vs juggernaut again but Juggernaut wins in a stomp

Mycall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m4rvelsjuggy: Magik has already defeated 2 versions of the Juggernaut. She severed the connection between Cytorak and Colossus which stripped Colossus of his Juggernaut powers. More recently, she literally ripped the gem of Cytorak from Cain Marko and sent him to Limbo. After he regained his power, they were both on the Savage Avengers together but he was initially afraid of her after what she had done to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.