Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3410 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

Darkchylde issue????

Avatar image for hulkknowscomics
    HulkKnowsComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HulkKnowsComics

Does anybody know the exact issue when Illyana was first shown as Darkchylde? I can't find it anywhere.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PYH000

Issue #4 of Magik limited series from the 80's

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Bringing back and old topic, but my question is mainly connected to this particular spelling. Was Illyana ever truly call "Darkcylde" with the "y" in comics, or is it misspell by fans?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's had various spellings.  Usually with or without an 'e' on the end.  I don't remember it with a Y from the original New Mutants series (which I recently re-read), but I might have just missed it just out of habit.  The spelling, puntuation or grammar of fans isn't the best.  So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a recurring typo (like Rouge instead of Rogue, or Ice Man instead of Iceman).  Or maybe some fans are confusing her for Darkchylde.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Yeah I'm shifting through the New Mutants myself at the moment, and didn't see it spelt with Y, hence the question.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.