Follow

Madrox

Character » Madrox appears in 1792 issues.

Jamie Madrox, also known as Multiple Man, is a mutant with the ability to create duplicates of himself through physical contact. These "dupes" can later be reabsorbed, along with all of their memories and experiences. Best known for his X-Factor history, he recently rejoined the newly reformed X-Corporation.

Is it just me

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Maybe its cause of the comic or Madrox's character, but just seems he doesn't seem to emotionally attached to anyone. First he goes on saying he loved or at least cared about Siryn, even though one of his dupes or himself slept with M. And I don't care if she's in labor, he even agreed to marry Siryn. He ends up killing his own baby and he's just practically emotionless over it.  

We all saw how Siryn was coping with it. But it just seemed it didn't phase Madrox too much then he moved on to Layla. Is there any love or emotion in these comics? oO Heh its probably just me
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_
    @MichonneHack27 said:
    " Maybe its cause of the comic or Madrox's character, but just seems he doesn't seem to emotionally attached to anyone. First he goes on saying he loved or at least cared about Siryn, even though one of his dupes or himself slept with M. And I don't care if she's in labor, he even agreed to marry Siryn. He ends up killing his own baby and he's just practically emotionless over it.   We all saw how Siryn was coping with it. But it just seemed it didn't phase Madrox too much then he moved on to Layla. Is there any love or emotion in these comics? oO Heh its probably just me "
    It didn't seem to phase Madrox? Are you freaking kidding me? He left X-Factor, walked across the country and was contemplating suicide. He was about to do it, too, before Layla stopped him. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mercy_
    @MichonneHack27: It was, don't worry about it.  

Ohh sorry then. I didn't get that issue of the comic. I thought he left cause he was having other problems with the group. I don't get the comics exactly in order where I live and the bookstores don't have the X-Factor graphic novels.    

It's OK, it's just that you were making Madrox come across as this total d-bag who didn't care that he had just essentially lost a child when in reality it drove him mad for a little while there. 
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @MichonneHack27 said:
    "it didn't phase Madrox too much"
    I think you have her confused with Kitty.
    MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MichonneHack27
    @PumpkinBomb:
    Well I have trouble spelling^^; actually
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

For the record, Madrox didn't murder his newborn son.  It's a genetic problem that his offspring are classed as Dupes so he couldn't stop the dupe from re-absorbing into his body.  It wasn't something that Madrox could control.  He was shocked it happened, but powerless to stop it.   

While Madrox isn't the light-hearted character I adored from the 90's anymore, he doesn't really deserve this kind of character assassination.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

For the record, Madrox didn't murder his newborn son.  It's a genetic problem that his offspring are classed as Dupes so he couldn't stop the dupe from re-absorbing into his body.  It wasn't something that Madrox could control.  He was shocked it happened, but powerless to stop it.   

"

While it's a nice twist it's also kind of weird considering the baby would only have half of his genes. Thinking about it it makes as much sense as if he were to absorb one of his parents.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @fesak: True.  I'm not sure what's going on with Madrox any more.  At first he was just a mutant, but there's been lots of hints that he's more than that.  I know the guy can literally reproduce duplicates of himself... but why deny him the chance to create a new generation via the traditional method?  I think PAD wrote himself into a dead end with that story :(
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_

I heard mutterings somewhere on here that he was forced to retcon the mutant birth in order to pave way for Hope being the messiah. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Dark Huntress: PAD talked about it in an old X-Position on CBR last year.  He had to think of ways around the birth of a new mutant, because it would lessen the impact of Hope's birth... I guess he couldn't just have a normal human baby, because he didn't want it to tie the team down.
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @xerox-kitty: , @The Dark Huntress:
    I think losing the kid was good idea anyways. It was a terrific moment, it contributed a lot to Madrox' character, and subsequently getting Rahne knocked up (by Kyle and Yost?) would have seemed repetitive if there was already a baby.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine
    @fesak said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    "

"
     While it's a nice twist it's also kind of weird considering the baby would only have half of his genes. Thinking about it it makes as much sense as if he were to absorb one of his parents. "
    Sean Madrox was merely a dupe.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    " @xerox-kitty: , @The Dark Huntress:
    I think losing the kid was good idea anyways. It was a terrific moment, it contributed a lot to Madrox' character, and subsequently getting Rahne knocked up (by Kyle and Yost?) would have seemed repetitive if there was already a baby. "
    I don't think they planned that far ahead (to 'kill' off Sean Madrox because Rahne would be pregnant).  However, when Rahne has her puppies it will make for some interesting moments for Terri.   

I wonder if Madrox will feel jealous that she can have children, and he can't...?
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @xerox-kitty:
    He can father non-dupe kids himself, can't he?
    Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Chesapeake

@MichonneHack27: 

I think you misunderstand Madrox. He cares about everything so much that it's not easy for him to make decisions. He described his way of thinking as having so many voices screaming at him at the same time. He can't just listen to just one voice. That's why he likes Layla because she seems to know stuff. He liked Theresa from his previous days before  X-Factor Investigations. Seriously, who could forget about Banshee/Siryn     

@xerox-kitty:

Agree. He is not slayer. He has an uncommon condition of reabsorbing his dupes, which was unavoidable. His timing to learn about that was really bad.

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Chesapeake
    @John Valentine, @fesak said:
    " @fesak said:

Sean Madrox was merely a dupe. "
    Agree. He had to be more than a dupe. That whole Sean's explanation did not convince me at all. For instance, PAD had the chance to deny that Madrox’s dupes had souls at this month X-position except he didn’t do it. Therefore, I think, PAD could have found a better way of dealing with the whole baby issue.
    Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Virus_Warning
    @PumpkinBomb: 
    No one knows but a lot of people think so
    Technically it was the dupe who got her pregnant but since there's no super clear distinction between him and the duplicates it's hard to really tell
    -Virus
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: PAD talked about it in an old X-Position on CBR last year.  He had to think of ways around the birth of a new mutant, because it would lessen the impact of Hope's birth... I guess he couldn't just have a normal human baby, because he didn't want it to tie the team down. "
    Thanks. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    " @xerox-kitty: , @The Dark Huntress:
    I think losing the kid was good idea anyways. It was a terrific moment, it contributed a lot to Madrox' character, and subsequently getting Rahne knocked up (by Kyle and Yost?) would have seemed repetitive if there was already a baby. "
    I agree about the character development. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.