gmanfromheck's Madame Mirage #6 - Fade Out review

Avatar image for gmanfromheck

The End of Season 1?

This is the last issue of the first arc. I have to admit that's a bummer. I actually have mixed feelings about how these six issues went. We've had the whole reveal of who Madame Mirage is. We know her whole origin. One the one hand it's good that we didn't get strung along for a while but on the other, it happened so quickly. More could've been made out of finding out exactly who and what she was about.

I know I shouldn't be questioning what Paul Dini has planned. Part of me wonders how the character will continue from here. It was an awesome reveal. I didn't see it coming. But now that the cat's out of the bag, will there be enough to keep her going? What will her motivation be?

As far as this issue, we do get closure. The story is wrapped up. We see characters (villains) that have appeared throughout and see what happened to them since their encounter with Madame Mirage. I did enjoy the issue but parts seemed a little rushed. Almost like it was intended to neatly wrap up all the pieces so the series will be ready for a nice trade paperback due out in the fall.

Overall it's been a fun ride. I'm sorry to see it end. I would've rather seen the series continue but I can't hold that against this issue. I suppose it's better to have the series end in an arc and let the creators catch their breath. They have set the bar kind high with this "season." It will be interesting to see what they can do to top the action and surprises that have happened. Madame Mirage will almost have to re-invent herself.

If you've been reading this series, you'll definitely want this issue since it ties up all the loose ends. If you haven't been reading it, what the heck have you been thinking? Try to find the back issues at your local comic store or wait (if you can) until the trade comes out.