Follow

Luke Skywalker

Character » Luke Skywalker appears in 1284 issues.

The son of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker set out to save Princess Leia from the Empire and became a hero of the Rebel Alliance. Luke began training to become a Jedi under the tuition of both Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, and after discovering his heritage and redeeming his father, he became the leader of the New Jedi Order and brought the Jedi back into the Galaxy, arguably making him the greatest and most powerful Jedi of all time. Before training Rey, his Jedi apprentices were Ben Solo, Hennix, Tai and Voe.

Awesome Toy Picks: Star Wars LEGO Snowspeeder

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week, because I was headed up to the snow, I thought it was the perfect time to take a look at the Star Wars LEGO Snowspeeder.

No Caption Provided

This is a smaller sized set. With only 279 pieces, it shouldn't take you long to build. I picked this up at Target for, I believe, $29.99. It looks like Amazon has it for around $36. There are some decals you'll have to put on and it does come with three "new" LEGO figures: Snowtrooper, Luke Skywalker, and Dak Raltar.

No Caption Provided

There was always something cool about the design of the Snowspeeder. I often wondered how and why the Rebel Alliance brought all their equipment to the frozen planet of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. Of course the Snowspeeder was just an Airspeeder that had been modified for the cold temperature. Either way, it's a cool LEGO ship.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The LEGO ship even has movable braking flaps and the cockpit seats two pilots. The pilot in the back can control the harpoon gun in the back. This LEGO ship even has a hook attached to a thread that can be unwound.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can see the red laser bolts from behind. There's a spring loaded shooter on the ship if you want to fire at your other LEGO sets. The problem I have when this is included is how you can see the bolts sticking out. There is a LEGO AT-AT available but it's a little pricey.

As much as I like the design of the Snowspeeder, the big selling point for me was the inclusion of a Snowtrooper. For some reason, the Snowtrooper has always been my favorite type of Stormtrooper.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He comes with a regular blaster but the giant canon. He also has his little skirt which must be ideal for the cold temperatures, right?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Just how powerful is that canon? Let's pretend it's powerful enough to shoot down a Snowspeeder. Maybe he got a lucky shot.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Luke figure here has been redesigned a little compared to the one included in the X-Wing set. He does come with a lightsaber. And poor Dak Raltar. He never had the opportunity to shine in the movie.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can see how the snow-setting is perfect for this set. You can create or re-create all sorts of fun snowy scenes.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's a cool LEGO set. The design captures the ships look perfectly. The three figures are cool plus the laser canon for the Snowtrooper adds a little more to the value.

No Caption Provided

Here's a shot of the Snowtrooper from behind.

No Caption Provided

And don't forget, the new STAR WARS #1 by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday is on sale January 14, 2015.

Let us know if you have this set or what you think of it. We'll have another item featured in the next installment.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It's cool and all, but that price is ridiculous.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nightwing4

I bought the original of that in 4th grade when it came out. Good memories.

Lol at Tony playing with the minifigs in the snow like that. Would loved to have seen.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That price for a set like this is absolutely crazy.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I had the original to, think you got 2 pilots but no snowtroopers, I really enjoyed that set

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the original 1999 lego snow speeder, can't believe how much expensive this one is when compared to the old one. Lego today is ridiculously expensive

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haha, those pics must have been fun to take.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By DonFelipe

All the Star Wars stuff seems to be way more expensive than the regular LEGO sets, or other licensed LEGO sets in general... with the exception of the limited Cuusoo sets that are even pricier. But all of these look so cool and detailed!

You gotta love LEGO Star Wars!

I bought the Snowspeeder for my nephew last year and it's one of his favorites while my sister, also a big Star Wars fan, was disappointed the wings couldn't be moved although it seems like they could. She almost broke the whole thing apart in less than 5 seconds! Needless to say she isn't allowed to pick up the Snowspeeder, or, according to my nephew, any Star Wars LEGO anymore.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

@g_man The snow is from your freezer?

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great set!

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I saw this and the new T-16 the last time I was at Target and ended up getting the T-16. It was a little cheaper and I still have the first one they did sitting on my bookshelf. This did look like a rad set though.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@blueecho: No. I traveled north just to take these pics.

Lordmulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweeeeeeet

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dredd_78

I think you meant braking flaps, unless you are indicating how likely they are to work. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.