Follow

Luke Cage

Character » Luke Cage appears in 3079 issues.

Luke Cage, wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. With his street smarts and unending determination to do right, he fights for the common man! He eventually married Jessica Jones and had a daughter with her.

The Official Luke Cage Discussion Thread

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That series looks good. It's good to see my boy Luke Cage get a good artist for once.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jonny_anonymous: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554  Edited By daredevil21134
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: It seems Marvel has finally learned their lesson after taking so long for a DD series to come out after the Netflix show.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: It seems Marvel has finally learned their lesson after taking so long for a DD series to come out after the Netflix show.

I will be buying Elektra, Kingpin, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Luke Cage. Jessica Jones, Defenders and Daredevil!!! Make mine Marvel! So do you think David Walker can write a good Cage solo?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yeah I definitely think he can write a good Cage book, especially since he said it will be more grounded than his Powerman & Iron Fist run and even mentioned his Shaft series.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yeah I definitely think he can write a good Cage book, especially since he said it will be more grounded than his Powerman & Iron Fist run and even mentioned his Shaft series.

How's Moon Knight going? I really miss the character.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Don't know, they said that was the planned ending all a long.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Don't know, they said that was the planned ending all a long.

They seem to say that nowadays when books get cancelled.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hi, massive Luke Cage fan here, checking out the Luke Cage forum! Belatedly have downloaded the recent Netflix series of Cage and loving it so far, episode 4 I've got to. My only criticism is that they've downgraded his physical strength. The episode where he was lifting boulders after being buried in the Chinese Restaurant, c'mon guys he can lift at least 10 tons! I guess they did it so he can be challenged by what are basically just hoodlums with guns.

Cage comic looks promising. I signed up for the 4 issue mini series that finished last month and it was pretty awful really! We don't want a goofy cage, but a proper series to evoke memories for me of Power Man. I am old enough to have bought the 70s and 80s comics when they came out....

I also like it that fans of Cage on here are also fans of Daredevil and other favourite cult characters of mine!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Now, this is more like it! First issue was pretty good. What did you think?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Now, this is more like it! First issue was pretty good. What did you think?

Man, I FREAKING LOVE IT! I thought Walker had a nice combination of Netflix Cage and comic Cage. I am curious to know where this story is headed. So far so good though. It has a very nice feel to it. I can't wait to read Defenders. Bendis says Blade will show up.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, massive Luke Cage fan here, checking out the Luke Cage forum! Belatedly have downloaded the recent Netflix series of Cage and loving it so far, episode 4 I've got to. My only criticism is that they've downgraded his physical strength. The episode where he was lifting boulders after being buried in the Chinese Restaurant, c'mon guys he can lift at least 10 tons! I guess they did it so he can be challenged by what are basically just hoodlums with guns.

Cage comic looks promising. I signed up for the 4 issue mini series that finished last month and it was pretty awful really! We don't want a goofy cage, but a proper series to evoke memories for me of Power Man. I am old enough to have bought the 70s and 80s comics when they came out....

I also like it that fans of Cage on here are also fans of Daredevil and other favourite cult characters of mine!

Definitely. I'm a big Cage fan myself and I skipped the throwback 70's series because I'm over that and want Cage to move on. I would recommend reading the new series by David Walker. It's a modern take and it's interesting.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love Luke Cage but Diamond Back was a poor replacement for Cottonmouth

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Man, I FREAKING LOVE IT! I thought Walker had a nice combination of Netflix Cage and comic Cage. I am curious to know where this story is headed. So far so good though. It has a very nice feel to it. I can't wait to read Defenders. Bendis says Blade will show up.

Agreed. I wonder if he will be spending a lot of time in New Orleans, it's not often you see Luke in places other than NY. Yeah, I heard Blade would be turning up in Defenders, I wonder if that's a Netflix hint? I know he won't but I really hope Bendis remembers that Blade is Engish and not American.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I don't mind him having more of his English roots but why don't you want it highlighted so much? Just curious. Not saying it's a bad thing.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Very rarely is there British characters and even rarer are they black.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Very rarely is there British characters and even rarer are they black.

I am in full support of that. Are you anti Wesley Snipes?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I am in full support of that. Are you anti Wesley Snipes?

Not anti Snipes as such, I like him as Blade and I enjoy the movies (well, two of them) but I would really like an English dude to play him if they ever do a Netflix show.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I support this, but who would you choose you lay him? I think he'll eventually make his way to Netflix

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I think Ashley Walters would do a good job and I think it's about time he got some bigger parts. I also think Ricky Whittle has been doing a pretty great job in American Gods.

TrapJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#575  Edited By TrapJesus

Seriously yall mofos need to kool it with this britsh blade bs the man spent the majority of his life outside of england so how britsh do you expect him to be?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.