Follow

Lucy Lane

Character » Lucy Lane appears in 407 issues.

Sister of Lois Lane. Daughter of Sam and Ella. Sister-in-law of Clark Kent. Once the wife of Ron Troupe and girlfriend of Jimmy Olsen.

First Image of Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane Revealed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Earlier this month it was reported that Jenna Dewan-Tatum will have a recurring role on Supergirl as Lucy Lane, Lois Lane's younger sister.. She'll have a connection to Jimmy Olsen (Mecad Brooks), which brings her appearance on the show.

Entertainment Weekly had the first look at Dewan-Tatum on the show.

No Caption Provided

Executive producer Ali Adler also stated:

“We hope to explore the history that Lucy has with James Olsen—or, as Lucy knows him, Jimmy Olsen,” Adler says. “I think we’re going to bring in her father. She not plays a romantic foil with whatever Kara and James are brewing, but people will also be surprised that she’s really a woman’s woman. She and Kara develop their own friendship, too. We’re not just bringing her in to purposefully create tension. She serves a larger story drive.”

Supergirl premieres on CBS on Monday, October 26 at 8:30 ET/PT. The following week it moves to its regular 8:00 pm slot.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Still don't like him as Jimmy.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@dernman said:

Because he's black?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

@dernman said:

Because he's black?

Personally, I didn't like him because he was too damn cool and laid back. I guess I'm used to Jimmy being a bit more dorky, James Olsen in this show is such a stud. But that was just the pilot, he may grow on me.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Could we get a love triangle between them, were either Lucy or Kara is bi? Or at the very least, have them go to a club & get drunk/high & kiss

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Because he's black?

It goes beyond the dumb race change of an established character. If they absolutely had to change him couldn't they at least found one who fit the role better? He's like the opposite of Jimmy in character.

When they race changed Perry White they at least got an actor that aligned with the role.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By goonage

We’re not just bringing her in to purposefully create tension. She serves a larger story drive.”

Yeah right...
    Yeah right...

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By KritikalMassX

Now it looks like Channing's wife is also in something that's comic book related.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dernman said:
    @the_impersonator said:
    @dernman said:

Because he's black?

It goes beyond the dumb race change of an established character. If they absolutely had to change him couldn't they at least found one who fit the role better? He's like the opposite of Jimmy in character.

When they race changed Perry White they at least got an actor that aligned with the role.

Exactly what a racist would say to cover up himself being a racist

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage: LOL, I'm loving that gif so much. We all know it's a lie.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Jimmy Olsen was the first uber-fanboy. It seems like a betrayal of character if he is portrayed as cool, confident, and ripped off the cover of Esquire magazine.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph: I think they're trying to avoid that. Like we need more ridiculous love triangles in a DC TV series.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @the_impersonator said:
    @dernman said:

Because he's black?

I'm going to take that as a joke.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#15  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

hot damn

~MiB

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's a "Woman's Woman"? Is she gay?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@mark_stephen: its the same as a man's man. has nothing to do with sex dude

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

wish she would have changed her look more but eh, love the pose

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully she will become Superwoman!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are bringing a lot of characters into this show.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@the_stegman: Donald Glover would of made a great Jimmy Olsen.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

this woman's only flaw is that she married Channing Tatum

(also...maybe her acting, but we'll see...)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 61

I wonder if Lucy Lane will ever don the Superwoman persona in order to please her daddy.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Seriously?!! We're going to start calling people racist again with no real evidence to support such a claim? There are two main things I believe about racism that I can think of right now. One is that with all the obsession this day and age over being overly politically correct, people lose sight of what racism really is and use it to label other things, that sometimes are similar, and sometimes can be offensive to certain people, but are not strictly racism. The second is that everybody, and I mean everybody, is racist in some way on some level. Often it is a subconscious thought that gives in to stereotypes. Sometimes people don't even realize they are thinking it. Other times, they do and think it was just awful they made an often negative assumption based just on a strangers' ethnicity. Oftentimes white people take more notice of the loud obnoxious black people, than the equal or greater amount of black people present who are behaving properly. When they see another white person being loud and obnoxious, they may think he or she is just an @$$hole, but when they see a black person doing the same thing, may think that that is just how black people are. It definitely is not right, but what I'm saying is that these people very often are not people who hate black people, but just regular people and that everybody is somewhat racist. Then there are those who identify as belonging to some white supremacist group or whatever else. And I don't think one of them would at all try to cover up being racist. A lot of people do enjoy a funny racist joke. However, usually these people do not believe whatever the racist stereotype involved in the joke is is true. I don't think a white supremacist find black people a laughing matter however. They just want everyone who isn't white to be deported or whatever. You should get my point.

As pertaining to comics however, I think there is a large niche of fans who don't like characters' likenesses being changed. This is less an issue with race, as it is with change. Jimmy Olsen like Wally West, has until now been a white guy with red hair. It is absolutely okay to not like changes to a character's likeness. Remember when both Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller were cast as Barry Allen and people were complaining because neither was blond? Is blond an ethic issue? No! But just like ethnicity changes, it is a change to a character's likeness, as would be a change to their skull structure or anything else, and it is okay to not approve. However, the commenter you were replying to clearly stated that the issue he or she had was with the characterization the actor gave and not the change in likeness. That is okay as well. I just wanted to point out that not liking a change in likeness does not automatically make one racist. I myself have always been irritated by changes in likeness, but by this point have gotten so used to them in other media interpretations that I'm really mostly fine with them. After all, the casting people would rather find the actor or actress who would do a good job than one who absolutely would not who looks almost exactly like the character they are portraying.

The Wally West issue is a different case altogether. My main issue with the issue is that they completely deleted a character who was THE Flash to a generation of fans. I'm able to enjoy Venditti and Jensen's run but the new Wally is just always a stark reminder of the disregard the publisher has for the original Wally as well a the fact that the New 52 happened, which has always made me greatly enraged. And Lobo is in the same boat.

Another issue I've had is that whenever Superman appears in a live action film, they give him longer, combed back hair. And when in the comics has he ever looked like that? That just bugs me.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@goonage said:

We’re not just bringing her in to purposefully create tension. She serves a larger story drive.”

Yeah right...
    Yeah right...

My thought exactly.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @saintwildcard said:

I'm going to take that as a joke.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.