Follow

Loki

Character » Loki appears in 2202 issues.

Loki is the Jötunn/Asgardian God of Mischief and Prince of Lies, the adopted son of Odin and typically nemesis of his brother, Thor, as well as the adoptive brother to former Guardian of the Galaxy, Angela. Loki has schemed against Thor and Asgard for ages and his cosmic meddling led to the formation of the Avengers. Recently reincarnated, he decided to reform. Going on to protect the realms as the agent of Asgard, then as the sorcerer supreme, to defeating Laufey and becoming king of Jotunnheim.

How did people recognize Loki when he/she was in female body?

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatDance

At first I thought the whole change was a gimmick. But after reading some of the Thor comics it got me thinking

Do Asgardians recognize people's souls not their body
    Loki comes back as a female, inhabiting the body of Sif, when people saw him/her nobody really said "hey look its our friend Sif" instead they could see "Loki the trickster"
     Another example would be when some UN peacekeeping troops are in Africa, they are trying to protect poor people from a bunch of thugs with AK's and rockets. Their bodies don't look like Norsemen but Thor recognizes their behavior and bravery.

He flips back and forth changing sex but people see the same god of evil and trickery?

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lupine

Actually I think it's just because they're used to Loki being the shapeshifter and all together god of crazy. lol.  But really it's a valid point, but I think they just got used to it pretty quick because Loki is notorious for being the trickster. As far as recognizing the others I think that's all Thor, because of how long he's lived and how well he knows the other Asgardians.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

Well wearing the exact same clothing, complete with giant horned headgear might have tipped them off...

Thor not so much recognized the warriors three, as fit in the details of who they are. First time he met Heimdall he didn't recognize him at all.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jake Malcom

Being an ass doesnt stop by just being a different gender. His douchebagness was very obvious

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TypingKira

I think it was his lack of eyebrows. Everyone knows only Loki would be evil enough to shave off Sif's eyebrows. 

vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By vidarrodinson

Most people forgot that Loki was ranked as the most powerful mage in the MU.  Loki was such a powerhouse he toyed with Doctor Strange.  He went to realms univited and was not humbled.  Spells to cloud recognition are simple for Loki. He caused Ragnarock, he needed a ploy to blend in, gain some trust and do what he do.  The  god of mischief.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

@AtPhantom said:

Well wearing the exact same clothing, complete with giant horned headgear might have tipped them off... Thor not so much recognized the warriors three, as fit in the details of who they are. First time he met Heimdall he didn't recognize him at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.