Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

Will Lobo ever go back to how he used to be?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SideburnGuru
    No Caption Provided

When I say used to be, I should say Pre-52. I'm a huge Lobo fan, I guess the avatar would suggest that. So far, each apperance in New 52, has kinda been a let down for me. The first time [correct me if I'm wrong], I saw him in New 52 was when Liefield got ahold of him and officialy knocked him back to the Wolverine rip off standard. Even got jobbed out to Deathstroke, which all his feats in mind should sound literally impossible. That's for another topic though, not a battle.

The main question here, and debate is can Lobo ever go back to being a huge character again. He rocked at one point, as one of the bigger names in DC. Even on the ranks of Superman. Do you think DC will ever let him take his own running title again? Do you also think the title will go over well with readers?

Something to take note of is his appearance in the recent DC Fighter "Injustice". Do you think this could help bring in some attention to him once again? I was kinda hoping after his apperance, they'd put him in the comic, and then maybe lead onto his own self comic run again.

It may seem bleak, but I feel as though if a character such as Deadpool with his type of comedy can get over, I see no reason why Lobo would have trouble getting over with his comedy sense.

What I'd like to see for Lobo, character wise? Give him the locks. Give him the dreadlocks, his "Bite Me Fanboys" vest, the classic star and skulls kneepads, some jeans, give him his bike back, and Dawg. Maybe even feature a bigger name into the comic series as well, to open it up and get others into it.

All I know is, I really want to see the Main Man get his own series once again.

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SiycoBat

Dude, I'm guessing you've never read the last two issues of Stormwatch. Lobo's been retconned back to the Rob Zombie version we know and love.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I know, this was a while ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.