Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

So, they just completely sh!t on Lobo in Injustice Annual.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SideburnGuru

Harley rips off Lobo's head and "kills him" like that.

Y'know. The guy who literally can't die. Has regenereated from alot more. Lost to Joker's beating tool.

Yeah. This is why I'm done with DC.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Lololol Lobo fans can't catch a break

@sideburnguru said:

Harley

Joker's beating tool.

What does @joygirl: have to say about that?

What the hell is there to say? Whenever she's brought into something mainstream or relevant, that's normally her purpose served.

And honestly, there is no break needed to be caught. It's just another example that DC hires any jack ass as a writter.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

She didn't kill Lobo...

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

DC, pissing off readers since 2006.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@mitran said:

Lololol Lobo fans can't catch a break

@sideburnguru said:

Harley

Joker's beating tool.

What does @joygirl: have to say about that?

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know. The guy who literally can't die. Has regenereated from alot more. Lost to Joker's beating tool.

OMG, did you actually read it?? She takes Superman's super pill, it makes her almost able to match up with Lobo (still a little weaker), and then with Green Arrow and Black Canary's help, she ripped off his head...

THIS DIDNT KILL HIM. She straps him into a chair and they have a little chit-chat, he then breaks free effortlessly. She insults his masculinity, so he takes off to take on Darkseid to prove himself.

Step 1: read the issue.

Step 2: dont whine about the issue.

Step 3: profit maybe?

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

OMG, did you actually read it?? She takes Superman's super pill, it makes her almost able to match up with Lobo (still a little weaker), and then with Green Arrow and Black Canary's help, she ripped off his head...

THIS DIDNT KILL HIM. She straps him into a chair and they have a little chit-chat, he then breaks free effortlessly. She insults his masculinity, so he takes off to take on Darkseid to prove himself.

Step 1: read the issue.

Step 2: dont whine about the issue.

Step 3: Don't be a d***

There you go.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SideburnGuru

Here's what I did. I called my comic store provider who I'm subscribbed to different titles. They mentioned that Lobo was on the new cover, and if I wanted to add it to my pull box. I asked if I was going to be let down like the New 52 one. Apparently, the owner looked inside and said I'd probably be pissed off by it, mentioning that Harley rips off Lobo's head.

Didn't tell me any details. I then later saw the image on Facebook of it. His eyes closed, etc. Right before that, I saw the scan of Regime Superman throwing Lobo into the sun.

I'll easily take back everything I said, admit to being wrong and uninformed with this issue then. However, I'd still put out the argument that I find the domination that Superman did to Lobo was completely off character, and that Harley even on the super pills legimatelly shouldn't have been able to compete with Lobo.

And the only reason I myself didn't pick it up without asking is last time I cared about DC featuring something with Lobo, it was the New 52 one while the Pre-52 Lobo was on the cover.

I'll gladly go out and check it out myself and question why they didn't tell me all of it. Was wrong of me to make my own opinion without giving it a fair read, but I'm pretty used to DC just shitting on everything I like.

As for Harley's beating tool? She's not ALWAYS that. She's always that when DC tries to do something relevant with her. Feature her in a show? Not without Joker making dominant jokes. Put her in a game? Not without being by Joker's side. Put her in a relevant arc? Have her choked out by him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@sideburnguru: Injustice isn't cannon so what's the problem? Now if we're talking about this scrawny Lobo bulls**t they're trying to pull in the new 52 I can agree with anyone who thinks its dumb.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Injustice isn't cannon so what's the problem? Now if we're talking about this scrawny Lobo bulls**t they're trying to pull in the new 52 I can agree with anyone who thinks its dumb.

Because all I've had to look foward to with Lobo in it from DC is Injustice.

And yeah. Only thing I still continue to read from DC is Swamp-Thing and Green Lantern. I did enjoy that General Zod villain's month issue. That screw job with Lobo set me off. I was so looking foward to that, since pre 52 Lobo was on the damn cover. Then that middle finger when you opened the book up.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deaditegonzo

@joshmightbe: Personally, ive never like Lobo. He was created as a parody, a joke. He was like DC's Bugs Bunny.

I prefer the New 52 Lobo who looks to be an actual serious character with something to add to the universe. But thats just where im standing.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SideburnGuru

@deaditegonzo said:

@joshmightbe: Personally, ive never like Lobo. He was created as a parody, a joke. He was like DC's Bugs Bunny.

I prefer the New 52 Lobo who looks to be an actual serious character with something to add to the universe. But thats just where im standing.

They had potentinal to do that with old Lobo. They wasted it.

Also, come on. You just admitted the flaw with New 52 Lobo anyway.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

And yeah. Only thing I still continue to read from DC is Swamp-Thing and Green Lantern. I did enjoy that General Zod villain's month issue. That screw job with Lobo set me off. I was so looking foward to that, since pre 52 Lobo was on the damn cover. Then that middle finger when you opened the book up.

That was just messed up. Shows you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover though.

Also:

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

He was never meant to be a serious character, he was meant to be a fun set up for insane stories but once again WB came in and said only pretty people can have spot light and changed his look while sucking all the fun out of the concept and just making him another grim face in the crowd.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo

@joshmightbe: I just dont like the joke characters. He definitely wasnt made to be serious, and in is original incarnation he had nothing to add to the New DC U. /MyOpinion

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SideburnGuru

@dctv3363 said:

@sideburnguru said:

@joshmightbe said:

That was just messed up. Shows you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover though.

Also:

No Caption Provided

I should not judge the fact that just because Harley has her foot on her Lobo's head that automatically means he loses to ehr.

That also doesn't mean I shouldn't expect to see a whole new character in the book where the cover shows something completely irrelevant and different.

@deaditegonzo Then you leave the character completely out of it. Stormwatch shows there is potentinal for the character, but whatever. It's one of the lesser known titles because a writer decides to take the ball and go with it.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@sideburnguru said:

@joshmightbe said:

Also:

No Caption Provided

I should not judge the fact that just because Harley has her foot on her Lobo's head that automatically means he loses to ehr.

That also doesn't mean I shouldn't expect to see a whole new character in the book where the cover shows something completely irrelevant and different.

Well, covers are misleading by nature. Anything to get you to pick it up. But like I said that Lobo cover was just messed up. It's false advertising.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Injustice is an elseworld/non new 52 story...why does it matter what happens?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

1. It's not canon, so one cannot be "out of character"

2. She wasn't just Harley, she was superhuman

3. He didn't die.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Not saying you have to like him, it just seems kind of crappy to take a character a lot of people did enjoy and turn him into the exact thing he was made to parody. He was created to point out the absurdity of the hyper violent anti-heroes. It'd be like if Marvel revamped Punisher and made him a Mob boss.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

ITS A GOD DAMN ALT REALITY

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SideburnGuru

@citizenbane: Yeah. And I was for a bit.

Then I came back because Swamp-Thing. I mean, things like that give me small hope that everything will be better. Then I just get fed up with their bull.

Realisticly, I'm probably missing alot of good stories because of something so petty.

Everyone else: DIDN'T I JUST SAY WHY THE ALT REALITY THING BUGGED ME.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Isn't this like the fourth time now you've declared you're "done with DC?"

THIS TIME HE'S FOR REAL! THEY WON'T GET HIS MONEY ANYMORE!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

Isn't this like the fourth time now you've declared you're "done with DC?"

THIS TIME HE'S FOR REAL! THEY WON'T GET HIS MONEY ANYMORE!

I'm dead dung dangly serious this time.

I'm not going to go to the comic store after work, and blow 40 bucks on comics alone, probably a fair portion of them being DC.

I swear.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Its going to be the bait n switch. Skinny, somewhat interesting Lobo claims to be the real thing, but Liefeld-y, classic Lobo will actually be the real thing and kill him. Lobo fans will rejoice.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

New 52 old Lobo is disappointing. Like, I am reading Stormwatch and not liking it one bit.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By PapiNacho

Nope he didn't die, Harley just ripped his head off. He was completely in character with the old version. I'm tired of all these power tiers not only are they completely useless, but also that was the entire point of the pills. That is why they made Green freaking Arrow take on Black Adam in the game and win.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

Nothing that happens in Injustice actually means a thing so I'm not taking seriously anything that happens in that book.I like it,it's not bad and all, but as a whole some characters are just too hyped and can do whatever they want as long as Tom Taylor wants it.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That was a superpowered Harley, and she didn't kill him...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.