Follow

Lizard

Character » Lizard appears in 1032 issues.

During an experiment, Dr. Curtis Connors accidentally turned himself into a ferocious reptilian monster who seeks to turn humans into lizards like himself. The Lizard is one of Spider-Man’s oldest and deadliest foes while ironically, his alter ego is a close friend and former teacher of Spidey’s alter ego, Peter Parker.

I was reading Lizard's return arc, "Shed", and I noticed...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

Dr. Connor's arm, in part one... he is shown to have two at times, (the first half of the book), then one. Then two for a page, then one.... why on Earth did the editor not catch this??

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey
    @InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... 
    Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability...
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MTHarman
    @sora_thekey said:
    "@InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability... "

Amazing that im not the only one that spotted this, Gauntlet is a storyline where the villains are upgraded and more serious as we once knew them. But why would they have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm at will when he's human is beyond me, but what I do know, is that if they did intend to have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm, then that is byfar the most pot-head idea that I have ever seen. That is as stupid as having the Vulture fly only three inches off the ground without his wings.  

I see where some people would probably try to defend this flaw, because the Gauntlet is such an awesome storyline. But Marvel editors, artist, and writers have made many mistakes before. I wouldn't say its a big one, and it could be recovered if the storyline does progress well. But I do believe its a full-blown fact that its a flaw, which makes a whole lot of sense.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @MTHarman said:
    " @sora_thekey said:
    "@InnerVenom123: It's probably not a mistake... Take note that the gauntlet is a story line where the bad guys get upgrades... So maybe it's a new ability... "
    Amazing that im not the only one that spotted this, Gauntlet is a storyline where the villains are upgraded and more serious as we once knew them. But why would they have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm at will when he's human is beyond me, but what I do know, is that if they did intend to have Dr Conners miracle grow his arm, then that is byfar the most pot-head idea that I have ever seen. That is as stupid as having the Vulture fly only three inches off the ground without his wings.   I see where some people would probably try to defend this flaw, because the Gauntlet is such an awesome storyline. But Marvel editors, artist, and writers have made many mistakes before. I wouldn't say its a big one, and it could be recovered if the storyline does progress well. But I do believe its a full-blown fact that its a flaw, which makes a whole lot of sense. "
    It's not just that he had two arms, its that in the book, you can clearly see his arm disappear on some pages and re-appear on others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.