Follow

Lex Luthor

Character » Lex Luthor appears in 4366 issues.

Lex Luthor, Superman's arch-nemesis, is one of the most brilliant men alive, whose hatred of "interfering aliens" pushes him down the path of a sociopath. Known for his "ends justifies the means" approach to life, his single-minded and often brutal focus puts him at odds with The Man of Steel. Luthor is arguably DC Comics' most iconic villain.

The Best Lex Luthor Ever Told

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Soverighn

In Your Opinion Whats The Best Lex Luthor Story Ever Told

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Soverighn
    Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The_Soverighn said:

Mine Is Luthor

I was going to say the same. Though I affectionately know it under the title Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. That story has alot going for it. Good writer, great artist, and a fun idea.

I also enjoyed the whole President Luthor storyline, though it's not exactly a single story. Luthor plays major roles in Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, Bruce Wayne: Murderer, Our Worlds at War, and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, and other story's during his Presidency. It was a fun time.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Soverighn

bump

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

My favorite is Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, followed by Superman: The Black Ring. While The Black Ring is under the Superman name, it's mostly centered on Lex.

I also liked him in Superman: Last Son. He's not a huge part in it, but I loved how he was written.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

I've heard great things about Luthor and the Action Comics arc that took place after Blackest Night.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Izaiah

Superman: Birthright.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By cuddles666

Superman: Red Son.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel/Luthor for me too. But I've heardLex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biographyand Superman: The Black Ring are great as well and I'm planning to read them sooner or later.
    BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

Lex Luthor:Man of Steel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: @Billy Batson: The Black Ring was a fantastic story. Cornell really did Lex justice and practically had me rooting for Lex to get his way against all the other villains of the DCU. Of course I then rooted for Superman to kick his keischter later.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By DarthShap

Luthor, The Unauthorized Biography and The Black Ring are great stories from Lex's point of view.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

@DarthShap said:

Luthor, The Unauthorized Biography and The Black Ring are great stories from Lex's point of view.

The Unauthorized Biography isn't from Lex's point of view. It was cool for the time though. Introduced the suicide slums origin that Luthor would use during the Byrne era. Still, I wouldn't really consider it a Luthor story, despite containing much of Luthor's biographical details.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By DarthShap

If what you are looking for is a Superman story in which Luthor is the villain (that is what the Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told is, except for Batman and the Joker), then:

Action Comics 544, the Byrne/Stern run, Superman For All Seasons, All Star Superman.

@Onemoreposter said:

@DarthShap said:

The Unauthorized Biography isn't from Lex's point of view. It was cool for the time though. Introduced the suicide slums origin that Luthor would use during the Byrne era. Still, I wouldn't really consider it a Luthor story, despite containing much of Luthor's biographical details.

What I meant was that it was not from Superman's point of view.The story is solely about Lex Luthor. Sure, you do not necessarily see the character a lot and he is not the protagonist but he is the story and kind of like in Citizen Kane, from what you are told about the character, you put yourself in his shoes and try to understand him, even more so than if you were just told what he was thinking through a caption box.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onemoreposter

@DarthShap: hmm, agreed.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sharkbite

My favorite would also be Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, however I would place Salvation Run as a close second. I loved watching the contrast between Luthor and Joker in Salvation Run, and having Luthor build a boomtube out of coconuts like he was the Professor on Giligan's Island was just too awesome.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The_Soverighn: Picked up a great 4 issue series this week called "Superman's Nemesis: Lex Luthor" from 1999. It's unique in that it's focused on Lex vs Someone who's not Superman. Superman himself only shows up in a handful of panels and never really becomes essential to the plot. It's also set during the period where Luthor has a daughter, something I think alot of people forget about.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@The_Soverighn said:

Mine Is Luthor

I agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.