Do you think lex luthor is black in justice league cartoons?

• 58 results
#51 Edited by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, why does it matter? I think many people just saw him as Lex Luthor and his race was never brought up so again why does it matter?

#52 Edited by vanessalux (1 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm IDK maybe it feels good to be represented in comics??? my 10 year old dominican self always thought he was black. i don't see the issue as to why he shouldn't be black since he already has the characteristics (as if they weren't there on purpose but I guess for those who want him to be white) also how far is greece from africa??????? *is dominican growing up in a hispanic/greek community* yeah think its ignorant to think that representation in media is not important so...... yeah he is fucking black. bye.

#53 Posted by modernww2fare (6204 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Billy Zane

#55 Posted by Jeremy1989 (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

He had tan skin so no. If he's black then Idc seems kinda random.

#57 Posted by modernww2fare (6204 posts) - - Show Bio

He had tan skin so no. If he's black then Idc seems kinda random.

No Caption Provided

#58 Edited by cattlebattle (16728 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He was based off of actor Telly Savalis, specifically on his performance in "Her Majesty's Secret Service".

Telly Savalis was a white man of Greek descent.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#59 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17783 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: this. I understand why people thought he was though, I did as well.

#60 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

He had tan skin full lips and a more african american sounding voice.. I thought he was half african american. He's just white I guess.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

#61 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

He had tan skin full lips and a more african american sounding voice.. I thought he was half african american. He's just white I guess.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

lol?

No Caption Provided

#62 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: i know he was voiced by a white american but the tone of his voice in the show sounded.. I can't describe it, I always assumed the show made him biracial.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.