Follow

Legion of Super-Heroes

Team » Legion of Super-Heroes appears in 1647 issues.

The Legion of Super-Heroes are a team of teen-age super-heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Universe who were inspired by the adventures of Superboy/Clark Kent/Kal-El (Pre-Crisis). Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl are the founding members.

Are Vixen and Timber Wolf related?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LordOfFate

It just dawned on me that Timber Wolf uses Vixen's Tantu Totem as his Legion sysmbol.

If you think about it, their powers are very similar. Could Vixen be Timber Wolf's ancestor? Maybe Timber Wolf has subconscious pull towards to use the Tantu Totem.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

No. I think any similarity between their symbol is coincidence. Timber Wolf is an alien whereas Vixen is human.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timber Wolf is actually human. Well, from what I remember from his original story.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No.

Susurrus1964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Susurrus1964

Timber Wolf is actually from the planet Zoon (or Zuun, depending on which version of the Legion you're referring to). Now, that's not to say that somewhere in the thousand years between Mari McCabe's birth sometime in the 20th century and Brin Londo's in the 30th, that humans don't find their way from our little blue marble to the planet of TW's birth.

However, such potential history lies in an empty spot in the records of the 30th century, so no proof of such a diaspora has ever been suggested in the Legion books, to my knowledge.

When Vixen was created in the early 70s, the artist may have had Brin's insignia unintentionally in the back of his mind, but there has never been any actual admission of any connection between the two characters to my knowledge.

So, I'll agree with the previous respondent who says the similarity is merely coincidence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.