Three episodes in and this bullshit where the team beats Savage but lets him escape have already annoyed me. When Rip had Savage's semi-lifeless body why didn't they took him back to the ship, sedate him and let Kendra kill him when she recovers?
I dont get why Savage is so threatening, sure he is immortal but cant Rip simply remove from the time stream or bury him alive under a mountain of concrete. If Kendra needs to be the one who kills him, the team could stomp him(Firestorm & Rip already solo'd him) and have Kendra come in at the last minute to deliver the killing blow.
1. The knife rip used to slit his throat was from the night of the meteor. Those items can still incapacitate him but unless hawk girl uses the knife (in particular) he won't stay dead
2. He can regenerate from a single cell. What makes you think he will even regenerate in that body? Sure it seems logical but when you can do what cell did in dragon ball z I think your options are open. Like I dunno, stashing some fresh blood away and kept under lock and key by his followers somewhere else on the planet?
3. Savage is actually weaker than when he was introduced in the present. He gets stronger with each reincarnation he kills so seems like he was underjuiced. Still I agree rip holding him down was a little forced.
4. The fodder are pretty skilled. It's not like they were taking on simple thugs. Sarah said how skilled they were so I think thats enough.
- Whats your point? Rip had both the Dagger and Savage's body in his possession and he just left them their. I know Savage wont stay dead that is why I said to sedate or just KOing him until Kendra is capable to kill him.
- Wont that result in clones? Fair point but since nobody knows how Savage powers work, you would think Rip could of at least take the body back to the ship to analyze it better. I mean no one knew the Hawks blood also extents people so taking Savage's body would of been beneficial in some way.
- Weaker by 1 Hawkgirl? In the time of 1975-2016 Savage would of killed one pair of Hawks but Rip interference allowed Savage to kill a version of Hawkman ahead of time. The difference is inconsequential. Savage is 4000 year old warrior that held his own agast Green Arrow, Hawk Couple and Flash but he somehow lost to Rip.
- Relevance? They had beaten all the fodders, if the fodders had taken away the dagger and Savage's body during the confusion then okay but that did not happen. Rip just f***ing walk away leaving Savage(& Dagger?) laying on the ground.
1 & 2 It's not like it matters because of his regeneration - which was told to us by Rip - so the time masters do know about savage just not everything. For all we know studying a souless meat-suit would do them no good as this is a magical problem, not biological. Besides, only Kendra and carter heard the truth about what it would take to kill savage - Kendra and the dagger.
3 Well maybe we just got to give it to Rip for being a good knife fighter. He did almost kill Savage in Egypt. Hopefully it's covered a bit more about his skill set. I wouldn't say the diference is inconsequential. We don't know how much he gets boosted. We only know that when he was last boosted during the flash & arrow cross over, he destroyed a city.
4 Yeah I don't know why he tossed the dagger tbh. Some of this stuff may be covered in the next episode so we just got to wait. Was it the same dagger though? I'll need to check.