• 66 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Warning: This recap will contain spoilers for the Febrruary 4 episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

No Caption Provided

Recap

The episode opens in ancient Egypt 1700 BC. Vandal Savage is attacked. It turns out Rip Hunter tried to kill Vandal Savage.

Back in Germany 1975, Kendra is having complications in the med bay. Pieces of the dagger broke off in her body and are moving towards her heart. They still can’t time jump because she won't survive. Their only option is to stop Savage in this time. It also turns out the Waverider's jumpship was damaged when Chronos attacked.

Sara talks to Hunter about how they can't kill Vandal Savage, but they can slow him down. Ra's al Ghul taught them when facing a powerful adversary, if you can't kill him—weaken him. She notes that when they ran into him in this time, he was trying to sell a nuclear missile. He was after money. If they take away his fortune, he's just a regular guy with a long lifespan. Once they figure out where his money is, Rip tells Sara he's going alone. He doesn't want to risk anyone else’s life. She insists she's going too just as Captain Cold and Heat Wave overhear the mention of a bank.

No Caption Provided

To save Kendra, Ray proposes he shrink down, enter her bloodstream, and destroy the fragments. Professor Stein doesn’t think it’s a good idea. Ray goes in because they don't have time. He destroys one piece but his suit gets hit, and he needs to exit right away. He doesn't think he can or should try again. Stein convinces him that he is capable of saving her.

Rip and Sara infiltrate the bank. It's a private bank that only deals with highly valuable amounts. Sara notices everyone working in the bank are killers. She knows they've been made. Sara starts gloriously making short work of the guards and Rip finally joins in the fight. She’s about to kill everyone when Rip yells out they need one alive because he wasn't able to get any information out of the computer. It appears as if she's still dealing with her bloodlust.

Jax is working on the jumpship. Captain Cold and Heat Wave want to go to Central City to steal a rare gem. Because Jax was reading the instruction manual, he can pilot the ship. They convince him to fly them. After they steal the gem, Snart wants to make one more stop. He wants to give the gem to his dad so he doesn’t go to jail after he gets caught trying to steal it. He runs into his younger self at his house and gives the gem to his dad. He gives it to him and tells him to never raise a hand to his wife and son.

In 1700, Rip could’ve killed Savage but hesitated. Using the guy they grabbed at the bank, they work their way into a ceremony where Savage is going to desecrate Carter's remains. They find Carter's body but are outnumbered. When they’re brought to Savage, he recognizes Hunter. It’s been about four thousand years since their last encounter. He takes some blood from Carter's body and shares it with some of his most faithful. It lengthen's their lives by a hundred years or so. Savage finds the picture of Rip's wife and son on him. He figures out that he must kill them in the future.

No Caption Provided

Kendra is having visions during Savage's ceremony. She knows Rip and Sara are in danger. Stein gets Gideon to call Jax. Jax, Captain Cold, and Heat Wave arrive to help Rip and Sara. Cold and Heat Wave get Carter's body out of the building. Sara fights the bank guy while Rip fights Savage. Rip slashes Savage's throat and tells them its for his wife and son. Savage says now he knows their names ad he won’t forget it. He looks to Sara and she’s repeatedly thrusting the knife down on the guy. It turns out she was stabbing the floor right next to his head. She didn't give in to the bloodlust.

Snart checks the timeline through Gideon. His dad still gets arrested. This time for trying to sell the gem. He still goes to jail. They all give Carter a proper sendoff. Gideon figures out where Savage will most likely show up next—1986.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

The team is still coming together. They did agree to work as a team yet we seem them go off separately. Rip's decision to go after Savage alone seems to contradict his entire plan. He tried going after him once and failed. That's why he gathered this team. His first intentions may have been personal and selfish. The team members were expendable since they didn't have remarkable futures. It may have seemed a little odd for him to want to go on his own, but it also shows he's starting to care about them. He doesn't want to risk their lives for his personal mission of revenge.

Ray and Stein's parts were good in allowing them both to grow. Ray's been having a lot of self doubt despite knowing how brilliant he is. Stein may be partners with Jax, but he shows that he can be a huge help to other team members.

Captain Cold and Heat Wave are great for the comedy relief without being too comical. At the same time, we are seeing these two grow as well. Seeing Snart take a risk with his own timeline because of what he had to go through was a big risk. To show he isn't completely selfish, he rushes to the aid of others without a second thought. Seeing that time will work to fix itself again is good in keeping up the way time travel works on this show.

No Caption Provided

Sara and Rip's interaction was great. Sara is a cold-hearted killer who just recently got her soul back. These two feel like completely different characters, and it was nice to see them team-up together. Of course this allowed for Sara's League of Assassins training to be spotlighted. The way she immediately noted all the threats in a room was fantastic. I loved the mention and acknowledgement of her possible bloodlust. This is something that shouldn't just be easily forgotten.

The dancing scene with Rip and Sara made me groan a little. It helped move their part of the story and offered some variety, but it felt a little cheesy. Jax had to fight without Professor Stein. That meant he had to run into a room full of Vandal Savage's followers with just his fists. With the deadly mercenaries Savage was employing, he was pretty lucky he didn't have to fight them.

Being in the 70s has been a blast. It's a shame they're leaving already but they did stay longer than I thought they would. The team is really coming together. The characters are all becoming more likable with each episode. Now we have the 80s to look forward to.

Noteworthy line:

“I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall. Even then, I accomplished my mission no matter what.”

It might be a cheesy line, but it makes you wonder what they're trying to tell us. Are they directly referring to Superman and Batman or is it just a play on words to get fans worked up?

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

great episode

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ah! The old,typical CW! I'd like to see them trying to explain how the hell did Sarah managed to pass those knifes through the security system of a private bank but I guess that would be too much...

Like I said...Typical CW! Why bother with a desent plot when you can give people a good show off?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Kidd

Three episodes in and this bullshit where the team beats Savage but lets him escape have already annoyed me. When Rip had Savage's semi-lifeless body why didn't they took him back to the ship, sedate him and let Kendra kill him when she recovers?

I dont get why Savage is so threatening, sure he is immortal but cant Rip simply remove from the time stream or bury him alive under a mountain of concrete. If Kendra needs to be the one who kills him, the team could stomp him(Firestorm & Rip already solo'd him) and have Kendra come in at the last minute to deliver the killing blow.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! The old,typical CW! I'd like to see them trying to explain how the hell did Sarah managed to pass those knifes through the security system of a private bank but I guess that would be too much...

Like I said...Typical CW! Why bother with a desent plot when you can give people a good show off?

Ceramic blades? It's the 1970's it's not the best technology anyway.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The villain decay hit Savage heavy, when he gets killed (temporarily) by a single unpowered member of the team by episode three. Seriously I don't see him as a worthy threat to constitute a team of powered people and time travel to fight him.

Doesn't exactly help that the Team seems awfully incapable. Needing forever to take down fodder and almost getting taken down by an opponent that didn't seem particularly powerful.

This feels like CW just thinks putting more characters in it automatically makes it better and then has everyone look bad, because they can't handle situations that should be easy to artificially create suspense.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

Ceramic blades? It's the 1970's it's not the best technology anyway.

Seriously?Did they look ceramic to you?

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean: dude no one needs to know such subtle details on a show that's focused on so many characters.

Dude,we're talking about a private bank that you need to make an acount of 10.000.000$ if you want to be a client! With 10.000.000 $ in the 70's,at least you'd expect them to have a good security system!

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean: there's also the fact that Sarah already had jewelry on her person. The blades could be titanium. This is the 70's so the tech isn't as good and please tell me how many banks you've been to with metal detectors, especially in the damn 70's? Exercise those fingers and use Google before u cry BS.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@heatforce said:

@vincent_valjean: there's also the fact that Sarah already had jewelry on her person. The blades could be titanium. This is the 70's so the tech isn't as good and please tell me how many banks you've been to with metal detectors, especially in the damn 70's? Exercise those fingers and use Google before u cry BS.

Which part of "private bank" and "minimum account of 10.000.000 $" didn't you get?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Three episodes in and this bullshit where the team beats Savage but lets him escape have already annoyed me. When Rip had Savage's semi-lifeless body why didn't they took him back to the ship, sedate him and let Kendra kill him when she recovers?

I dont get why Savage is so threatening, sure he is immortal but cant Rip simply remove from the time stream or bury him alive under a mountain of concrete. If Kendra needs to be the one who kills him, the team could stomp him(Firestorm & Rip already solo'd him) and have Kendra come in at the last minute to deliver the killing blow.

1. The knife rip used to slit his throat was from the night of the meteor. Those items can still incapacitate him but unless hawk girl uses the knife (in particular) he won't stay dead

2. He can regenerate from a single cell. What makes you think he will even regenerate in that body? Sure it seems logical but when you can do what cell did in dragon ball z I think your options are open. Like I dunno, stashing some fresh blood away and kept under lock and key by his followers somewhere else on the planet?

3. Savage is actually weaker than when he was introduced in the present. He gets stronger with each reincarnation he kills so seems like he was underjuiced. Still I agree rip holding him down was a little forced.

4. The fodder are pretty skilled. It's not like they were taking on simple thugs. Sarah said how skilled they were so I think thats enough.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

Which part of "private bank" and "minimum account of 10.000.000 $" didn't you get?

What part of the 70's do u not get? They didn't even start introducing them in airports until that decade. Plus there's still Sarahs jewelry and the coins in the suitcase. Google dude, google.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Savage came across like Savage and not just another generic mad man in this one so there's that I guess,not bad.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vincent_Valjean
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

What part of the 70's do u not get? They didn't even start introducing them in airports until that decade. Plus there's still Sarahs jewelry and the coins in the suitcase. Google dude, google.

Since you're such a smartass take a look at this:

http:// paleofuture.gizmodo.com/walk-through-metal-detectors-were-invented-to-catch-thi-520336775

How about you make YOUR research next time junior?

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By mak13131313
    Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

knifes through the security system of a private bank

Absolutely right, I mean, time travel, shrinking super suit, two men who can become one, a girl coming back to life, those are perfectly acceptable and need no legitimate explanation beside "super science" but knives...yeah, I see your priorities are on point

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean said:

Absolutely right, I mean, time travel, shrinking super suit, two men who can become one, a girl coming back to life, those are perfectly acceptable and need no legitimate explanation beside "super science" but knives...yeah, I see your priorities are on point

You're right!We just have to sit down and accept everything a tv-show says because....reasons!Also,let's stop reading comics and watching sci-fi movies because they are all fake and of course we all want sci-fi movies to be realistic! Oh,wait...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Black_Arrow

All of this makes me wonder how did Eobard managed to get his speed force powers during Salvage reing, one would think that he has a tight control on all researches.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

You're right!We just have to sit down and accept everything a tv-show says because....reasons!Also,let's stop reading comics and watching sci-fi movies because they are all fake and of course we all want sci-fi movies to be realistic! Oh,wait...

Were there even tight security or metal detectors in a foreign country back then?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heatforce

@vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

http:// paleofuture.gizmodo.com/walk-through-metal-detectors-were-invented-to-catch-thi-520336775

Oh great, thanks for showing me that primitive walk through metal detectors were invented and used in 1920's Germany to detect whether or not factory workers were stealing -_-

Dude the US government didn't even start making airlines use metal detectors until December of 1972 and they were improvised from a device used by loggers. And they even faced many off the civil libirty questions we faced today with the TSA so yeah man they weren't very popular in the US: http://savvytraveler.publicradio.org/show/features/2000/20000915/security.shtml

Please find me one bank that uses a metal detector, just one. I've worked around folks in private security for years and not one can remember guarding a bank that had a metal detector at the front door. Even Navy Federal doesn't have a metal detector at the front iirc.

In fact they still aren't everywhere you'd think they'd be. Citizens Bank Park didn't utilize metal detectors until last March: http://6abc.com/sports/metal-detectors-installed-at-citizens-bank-park/589036/

You're complaining about something so dumb you and I actually had to do this much research. Seriously your complaint is: A fictional private bank (all or most banks are private by the way) in the 70's not having a metal a detector that wasn't common or had wide-spread use? Not to even mention the issues people had if they carried precious metals on them like Sarah and rip. What would they do frisk, a potential customer? Besides it is a bank guarded by high-rated fodder and it has no meaning or value to Savage like he said in the episode. He probably has thirty of his own private banks or offshore accounts.

So you know, why not immersive yourself instead of trying to nit-pick over something you weren’t aware about in the first place?

Edit: and I love how you call me a smartass when you said this to me first:

Check yourself sweatheart.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean said:

See my response to @vincent_valjean

The US government didnt' even start forcing airlines to use them until December 1972.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sachmoo

Sorry, this show just isn't good. None of it makes much sense, and nothing really matters. Thus far Hawkman has died, but we all know he is coming back. They have all done stuff that should have major ramifications to the future, nothing changes. They just killed Vandal, that doesn't matter. I know that is the whole point of Vandal, but seeing it makes it stupid. Aside from that they are supposed to be a team, Rip sold them on that, and yet they dont do anything as a team. Rip just tried to go on a mission all by himself, which literally undermines the whole point of the show. Oh and since everyone has to do something and make it meaningful, now Ray is mad that his teacher doesn't remember him. A whole 2 episodes later.

Nope, cant get into it.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

good episode glad we're outta the 70's next week. Loving the game of episodic Scooby Doo going on. They Atom inside Kendra's blood vessels probably the best CGI work they've done on a CWVerse show.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

Sorry, this show just isn't good. None of it makes much sense, and nothing really matters. Thus far Hawkman has died, but we all know he is coming back. They have all done stuff that should have major ramifications to the future, nothing changes. They just killed Vandal, that doesn't matter. I know that is the whole point of Vandal, but seeing it makes it stupid. Aside from that they are supposed to be a team, Rip sold them on that, and yet they dont do anything as a team. Rip just tried to go on a mission all by himself, which literally undermines the whole point of the show. Oh and since everyone has to do something and make it meaningful, now Ray is mad that his teacher doesn't remember him. A whole 2 episodes later.

Nope, cant get into it.

Ray was mad because of the situation they faced, not that he wasn't remembered. If that were the case then he would have still been mad when it was revealed Stein lied about remembering Ray.

Yeah Rip tried to go on a mission by himself because...he isn't perfect. Tell me when a person acts out of character in real life is it because they are a walking plothole or something else is bothering them? In this case it was that he felt guilty about not telling the team about his first attempt to kill savage.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@vincent_valjean said:
    @docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

Don't you "oh wait" me. I just hate nit-pickers who watch sci-fi or super hero things, somehow have suspension of disbelief for magic that makes a man immortal but complain about metal detectors and knives.

I am not saying accept everything without reason but if you can accept that some form of 'magic' keeps Vandal Savage alive forever, why can't you suspend disbelief about a pair of knives?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

See my response to @vincent_valjean

The US government didnt' even start forcing airlines to use them until December 1972.

My real issue is people like Vincent_Valjean who watch sci-fi, action or super hero tv shows and movies and the complain about one little thing but somehow maintain suspension of disbelief for things like magic, people with wings or an immortal living more than 3,000 years.

If you can accept all that, why can't you let go of a pair of knives?

This is the person who rather than examine the plot, characters and story, finds one little thing wrong and hops up and shouts "incorrect!" as loud as they can.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

Nope, cant get into it.

Ray was mad because of the situation they faced, not that he wasn't remembered. If that were the case then he would have still been mad when it was revealed Stein lied about remembering Ray.

Yeah Rip tried to go on a mission by himself because...he isn't perfect. Tell me when a person acts out of character in real life is it because they are a walking plothole or something else is bothering them? In this case it was that he felt guilty about not telling the team about his first attempt to kill savage.

That was the case, and the reason he wasnt still mad was because it was just a 1 episode Plot line they gave the characters just so there could be some sort of conflict between the two. That's it. Bet we never hear of it ever again.

And yeah, i go around comparing real life to TV shows. No dude, Rip went on this whole trip seeking all these people, to make a team, to do something that he tried to do and failed. And what does he do when he gets them? Tries to do the mission all by himself again. That is absolutely retarded.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Heatforce

@sachmoo said:
    @heatforce said:
    @sachmoo said:

Nope, cant get into it.

That was the case, and the reason he wasnt still mad was because it was just a 1 episode Plot line they gave the characters just so there could be some sort of conflict between the two. That's it. Bet we never hear of it ever again.

And yeah, i go around comparing real life to TV shows. No dude, Rip went on this whole trip seeking all these people, to make a team, to do something that he tried to do and failed. And what does he do when he gets them? Tries to do the mission all by himself again. That is absolutely retarded.

No it wasn't, rewatch the end. After Hawkgirl is saved Ray is like "Yeah I solved that theory 2 years after your class, so you lied about remembering me" and Stien was like "Yeah I know but you needed a pep talk." And that was that. They smiled at each other and all is forgiven.

No it's not retarded. You do realize the reason he wanted to go to the bank himself was the regret he felt about Hawkman, Hawkgirl and their son? Had he been transparent from the start, then things may have turned out differently for them. Sorta to parallel that he in a way is responsible for his own wife and son being killed by savage.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Alright, whatever man. Enjoy your show.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

@heatforce: Alright, whatever man. Enjoy your show.

Thanks I will. Are you done with the show now? To each his own.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Ill likely just record them and watch them when i have nothing going on.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

Oh great, thanks for showing me that primitive walk through metal detectors were invented and used in 1920's Germany to detect whether or not factory workers were stealing -_-

Dude the US government didn't even start making airlines use metal detectors until December of 1972 and they were improvised from a device used by loggers. And they even faced many off the civil libirty questions we faced today with the TSA so yeah man they weren't very popular in the US: http://savvytraveler.publicradio.org/show/features/2000/20000915/security.shtml

Please find me one bank that uses a metal detector, just one. I've worked around folks in private security for years and not one can remember guarding a bank that had a metal detector at the front door. Even Navy Federal doesn't have a metal detector at the front iirc.

In fact they still aren't everywhere you'd think they'd be. Citizens Bank Park didn't utilize metal detectors until last March: http://6abc.com/sports/metal-detectors-installed-at-citizens-bank-park/589036/

You're complaining about something so dumb you and I actually had to do this much research. Seriously your complaint is: A fictional private bank (all or most banks are private by the way) in the 70's not having a metal a detector that wasn't common or had wide-spread use? Not to even mention the issues people had if they carried precious metals on them like Sarah and rip. What would they do frisk, a potential customer? Besides it is a bank guarded by high-rated fodder and it has no meaning or value to Savage like he said in the episode. He probably has thirty of his own private banks or offshore accounts.

So you know, why not immersive yourself instead of trying to nit-pick over something you weren’t aware about in the first place?

Yeah....

First of all,did you miss the part that they were NOT in an american bank?You did so much research without even bothering to check if the bank in the show was american or not.The link I gave you was about the history of metal detectors just for you to see that they already existed back in the 70's.I know it's a fictional show based on super powers,time travel,future technology etc etc.My point is,if you have all this in it how bad would it be to have a bank(especially one that belongs to the main villain)with a metal detector security system?You might have noticed that metal detectors were first invented in Germany,exactly where that bank from the 70's is! How hard would it be to use that fact in the show?(Sarah: "I didn't know they had metal detectors back in the70's!" Rip: "The germans invented them back in the 20's so Vandal took advantage of their technology and took one for his bank to increase security." -See?Fits perfectly with the story!)

Secondly,I never said anything about metal detectors from the beggining.Please show me exactly where did I complain about not having them in my first comment.I believe my exact words were "security system",it was you who assumed I was talking about metal detectors.

Also,I find it funny that you feel offened from a negative comment about a sci-fi show.So,if you don't like my comments how about stop reading them?

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean said:
    @docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

Don't you "oh wait" me. I just hate nit-pickers who watch sci-fi or super hero things, somehow have suspension of disbelief for magic that makes a man immortal but complain about metal detectors and knives.

I am not saying accept everything without reason but if you can accept that some form of 'magic' keeps Vandal Savage alive forever, why can't you suspend disbelief about a pair of knives?

Like I said to @heatforce.

I get it,it's a fictional show with magic,advanced technology,time travel,immortality etc etc.Would it hurt them to use a small detail such as a better security system to a bank for really rich people in order to avoid another plot hole?Is that to much to ask??

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

Yeah....

First of all,did you miss the part that they were NOT in an american bank?You did so much research without even bothering to check if the bank in the show was american or not.The link I gave you was about the history of metal detectors just for you to see that they already existed back in the 70's.I know it's a fictional show based on super powers,time travel,future technology etc etc.My point is,if you have all this in it how bad would it be to have a bank(especially one that belongs to the main villain)with a metal detector security system?

Secondly,I never said anything about metal detectors from the beggining.Please show me exactly where did I complain about not having them in my first comment.I believe my exact words were "security system",it was you who assumed I was talking about metal detectors.

Also,I find it funny that you feel offened from a negative comment about a sci-fi show.So,if you don't like my comments how about stop reading them?

@heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

Yeah....

1.First of all,did you miss the part that they were NOT in an american bank?You did so much research without even bothering to check if the bank in the show was american or not.The link I gave you was about the history of metal detectors just for you to see that they already existed back in the 70's.I know it's a fictional show based on super powers,time travel,future technology etc etc. 2. My point is,if you have all this in it how bad would it be to have a bank(especially one that belongs to the main villain)with a metal detector security system?

3.Also,I find it funny that you feel offened from a negative comment about a sci-fi show.So,if you don't like my comments how about stop reading them?

1. Lol Yeah I did miss that but as goes America, so does the West.

2. Well, what kinda security system did you expect them to have 40 some years ago that would have detected Sarah's knives besides a metal detector? I think having all of your employees being secret ninjas and assassins is pretty good for security at that time.

3. I'm not offended, just annoyed that the "bank issue" seemed like some sorta deal breaker for you when (judging by your comment) you didn't even consider other- logical - possibilities.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

I get it,it's a fictional show with magic,advanced technology,time travel,immortality etc etc.Would it hurt them to use a small detail such as a better security system to a bank for really rich people in order to avoid another plot hole?Is that to much to ask??

Yes. You are nit-picking. If you don't want to enjoy the show, fine, but don't try to nit-pick as though it's a valid point.

They can't explain why Kendra and Carter have wings but you aren't railing on that. They can't fully explain why Kendra and Carter reincarnate and Savage lives forever.

Your suspension of disbelief is all over the place. If you can accept the magic but not let go of knives, you're nit-picking.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: He wont learn, ever. He is a nit-picker.

The type of person who will watch a tv show or movie and say "Yeah, it's great that Superman can fly and shoot lasers out of his face but I just saw that gun fire 32 rounds of ammo when I checked online and the military only uses 30 round magazines so what, is it a magic gun?"

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The type of person who will watch a tv show or movie and say "Yeah, it's great that Superman can fly and shoot lasers out of his face but I just saw that gun fire 32 rounds of ammo when I checked online and the military only uses 30 round magazines so what, is it a magic gun?"

Nah he's fine. We all do it in some way or another. But this is the vine and thankfully we can challenge each other’s comments and hopefully end our debates on friendly terms.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@docholiday said:

Nah he's fine. We all do it in some way or another. But this is the vine and thankfully we can challenge each other’s comments and hopefully end our debates on friendly terms.

Friendly terms? Never! :P

I don't really care, I just don't plan to let everything slide either, I would rather have a discussion or debate.

I do enjoy a good debate. Especially on this site, my least favorite thing is to see a post regarding something and someone says "I don't like this very much" and then be attacked for expressing their opinion if it wasn't a positive one. "Well, if you don't like it, why comment?" Well most likely because that person wanted to open a dialogue.

I don't like the Supergirl show, I can't get into it at all and checked, it's been losing viewers like the Titanic lost passengers, it started at just about 13 mil and none has about 6.5 mil so it's dropped 50% where as Flash and Arrow have had less, maybe around 4 mil but they have maintained some consistency losing or gaining only small amounts. Now, I've posted these types of things before and people simply respond "if you don't like it, why are you here?" Because I want to talk to fans to see what went wrong with what we love? I love comics, love sci-fi and love fantasy/magic and when I see the best or my favorite characters not accurately represented or dramatically changed to suit some need it bothers me because it devalues the character.

Take the new F4 for example, it turned out as terribly as I expected (for numerous reasons) and one issue I had was with the actor choice for Johnny Storm for two major reasons; 1. taking a white character and changing him black is offensive to white and black fans because it says to white fans that a favorite character you grew up and identified with isn't important and we'll simply change their race and it says to black fans you will feel fine if we take a white character and change their race rather than have a character to identify with 2. regarding the last part of point one, it is offensive because there are numerous amazing black super heroes in comics (Blade came out 2 years before Spiderman and did amazingly well) and to seemingly disregard these characters that kids have grown up reading and identifying with is belittling to an entire group of people

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

Yeah....

First of all,did you miss the part that they were NOT in an american bank?You did so much research without even bothering to check if the bank in the show was american or not.The link I gave you was about the history of metal detectors just for you to see that they already existed back in the 70's.I know it's a fictional show based on super powers,time travel,future technology etc etc.My point is,if you have all this in it how bad would it be to have a bank(especially one that belongs to the main villain)with a metal detector security system?

@vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @heatforce said:

Yeah....

1.First of all,did you miss the part that they were NOT in an american bank?You did so much research without even bothering to check if the bank in the show was american or not.The link I gave you was about the history of metal detectors just for you to see that they already existed back in the 70's.I know it's a fictional show based on super powers,time travel,future technology etc etc. 2. My point is,if you have all this in it how bad would it be to have a bank(especially one that belongs to the main villain)with a metal detector security system?

3.Also,I find it funny that you feel offened from a negative comment about a sci-fi show.So,if you don't like my comments how about stop reading them?

1. Lol Yeah I did miss that but as goes America, so does the West.

2. Well, what kinda security system did you expect them to have 40 some years ago that would have detected Sarah's knives besides a metal detector? I think having all of your employees being secret ninjas and assassins is pretty good for security at that time.

3. I'm not offended, just annoyed that the "bank issue" seemed like some sorta deal breaker for you when (judging by your comment) you didn't even consider other- logical - possibilities.

2. That's my point exactly!!Despite the fact that the show has so much science fiction in it why not use something that they actually could explain it way better than trying to explain immortal people or people with wings,time travellers etc?

3. Once again,issues like the one with the knives seem to happen all time in CW shows. Explaining the small things makes the plot less pushed and way better.People would accept easier a plot where Savage uses a primitive metal detector for his bank just because he can buy it or even steal it.What makes me mad is that they don't care about small staff like these but they expect from people to deal easily with time travel and shrinking suits...

We cool?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
    @docholiday said:

Friendly terms? Never! :P

I don't really care, I just don't plan to let everything slide either, I would rather have a discussion or debate.

I do enjoy a good debate. Especially on this site, my least favorite thing is to see a post regarding something and someone says "I don't like this very much" and then be attacked for expressing their opinion if it wasn't a positive one. "Well, if you don't like it, why comment?" Well most likely because that person wanted to open a dialogue.

I don't like the Supergirl show, I can't get into it at all and checked, it's been losing viewers like the Titanic lost passengers, it started at just about 13 mil and none has about 6.5 mil so it's dropped 50% where as Flash and Arrow have had less, maybe around 4 mil but they have maintained some consistency losing or gaining only small amounts. Now, I've posted these types of things before and people simply respond "if you don't like it, why are you here?" Because I want to talk to fans to see what went wrong with what we love? I love comics, love sci-fi and love fantasy/magic and when I see the best or my favorite characters not accurately represented or dramatically changed to suit some need it bothers me because it devalues the character.

Take the new F4 for example, it turned out as terribly as I expected (for numerous reasons) and one issue I had was with the actor choice for Johnny Storm for two major reasons; 1. taking a white character and changing him black is offensive to white and black fans because it says to white fans that a favorite character you grew up and identified with isn't important and we'll simply change their race and it says to black fans you will feel fine if we take a white character and change their race rather than have a character to identify with 2. regarding the last part of point one, it is offensive because there are numerous amazing black super heroes in comics (Blade came out 2 years before Spiderman and did amazingly well) and to seemingly disregard these characters that kids have grown up reading and identifying with is belittling to an entire group of people

Aww I like Supergirl so that has me concerned. The first few episodes are a bit meh but then I started to get an upgraded 'Lois and Clark the new adventures of superman" vibe. I loved the hell out of that show back in the day. Hopefully the Flash crossover will bump it up. The only thing that I don't really like are the fight scenes while they are in the air. Sometimes it feels like the wires are jumping out at me lol.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean said:
    @docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:
    @docholiday said:
    @vincent_valjean said:

Yes. You are nit-picking. If you don't want to enjoy the show, fine, but don't try to nit-pick as though it's a valid point.

They can't explain why Kendra and Carter have wings but you aren't railing on that. They can't fully explain why Kendra and Carter reincarnate and Savage lives forever.

Your suspension of disbelief is all over the place. If you can accept the magic but not let go of knives, you're nit-picking.

Magic,time travelling,people with wings,immortality,reincarnation....Having a sci fi show doesn't mean they have to skip small details like the one about the knives.Details like this is what separates a good plot than a pushed one...

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Kidd

@the_kidd said:

1. The knife rip used to slit his throat was from the night of the meteor. Those items can still incapacitate him but unless hawk girl uses the knife (in particular) he won't stay dead

2. He can regenerate from a single cell. What makes you think he will even regenerate in that body? Sure it seems logical but when you can do what cell did in dragon ball z I think your options are open. Like I dunno, stashing some fresh blood away and kept under lock and key by his followers somewhere else on the planet?

3. Savage is actually weaker than when he was introduced in the present. He gets stronger with each reincarnation he kills so seems like he was underjuiced. Still I agree rip holding him down was a little forced.

4. The fodder are pretty skilled. It's not like they were taking on simple thugs. Sarah said how skilled they were so I think thats enough.

1. Whats your point? Rip had both the Dagger and Savage's body in his possession and he just left them their. I know Savage wont stay dead that is why I said to sedate or just KOing him until Kendra is capable to kill him.
    2. Wont that result in clones? Fair point but since nobody knows how Savage powers work, you would think Rip could of at least take the body back to the ship to analyze it better. I mean no one knew the Hawks blood also extents people so taking Savage's body would of been beneficial in some way.
    3. Weaker by 1 Hawkgirl? In the time of 1975-2016 Savage would of killed one pair of Hawks but Rip interference allowed Savage to kill a version of Hawkman ahead of time. The difference is inconsequential. Savage is 4000 year old warrior that held his own agast Green Arrow, Hawk Couple and Flash but he somehow lost to Rip.
    4. Relevance? They had beaten all the fodders, if the fodders had taken away the dagger and Savage's body during the confusion then okay but that did not happen. Rip just f***ing walk away leaving Savage(& Dagger?) laying on the ground.
    Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe the pickiness of a show on episode 3......... a newly formed team brought together on lies isn't working well together? WHAT!?!?!?!!? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Ray being upset his teacher doesn't remember him is reasonable. He's a super genius who has validation issues. having a potential mentor look at him and be like "billy? who are you?" is probably a huge blow to pride. *which continues his continual blow to pride from the aftermath of him "dying" and it not mattering, coupled with him being chosen because he is historically a nobody.*

Maybe in this super-high tech, futuristic, time traveling show Rip has a device that renders a metal detector useless. something so small in episode 3 doesn't make me hate the show or anything like that.. I think people just need to calm down

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#47  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@the_kidd said:

Hey I just saw the same comment on AV club :o

~MiB

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its alright its kinda boring i hope the episode gets better.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@the_kidd said:

@MadeinBangladesh: I post it here first then on the AV Club review.

Liar! You comment thief!

That's what I thought.

~MiB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.